Windows 10: Dell Vostro 1720 Alps Touchpad won't work with Windows 10

Discus and support Dell Vostro 1720 Alps Touchpad won't work with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have reset my Dell Vostro 1720 laptop and re-installed Windows 10 but it is saying the driver for the Alps Touchpad is incompatible with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WigglyWorm4, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Dell Vostro 1720 Alps Touchpad won't work with Windows 10

Hi, I have reset my Dell Vostro 1720 laptop and re-installed Windows 10 but it is saying the driver for the Alps Touchpad is incompatible with Windows 10, does anybody know where I can find a compatible driver?
    It worked fine when I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 but since doing the reset and re-install it isn't playing *Sad
    Can anybody help please?

:)

WigglyWorm4, Oct 9, 2018
  2. andy71 Win User

Upgrade advice for two Dell Vostro Laptops, 1720 and 3550

I made an account here just to reply to your question as I know how hard it can be to find information sometimes.
    everything works fine after upgrade to windows 10 on my vostro 1720 laptop...I think you should be ok. I attached my device manager screenshot to show all driver are loaded properly. hope this helps.

Dell Vostro 1720 Alps Touchpad won't work with Windows 10 [​IMG]

andy71, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Upgrade advice for two Dell Vostro Laptops, 1720 and 3550

I have two older Dell Vostro laptops:
    Vostro 1720 Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    Vostro 3550 Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    For each one, when I go to the Dell product support site and enter the service tag, I get the following warning.
    I suspect that is a generic warning, but I'm wondering if trying to upgrade either one of them to Windows 10 at this time could be successful with regard to drivers.

Michael Purcell, Oct 9, 2018
  4. zebnznz Win User

Dell Vostro 1720 Alps Touchpad won't work with Windows 10

Dell E6430 Touchpad

Hi everyone,

I have a Dell E6430 laptop and the ALPS touchpad does not work properly under Windows 10 Pro.
    On bootup only the left button works, and this is behaving reversed (as if it was a right button click), and the right button does not work at all.
    Can only really use the laptop with an external mouse plugged in.
    Have tried various Alps drivers but to no avail.
    Any suggestions at all ?
    thanks
    Mike

zebnznz, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Dell Vostro 1720 Alps Touchpad won't work with Windows 10

1. Dell Vostro 1720 Alps Touchpad won't work with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Dell Vostro 1720

2. Touchpad gestures not working - Windows 10 - Dell Vostro 14 3480 ST: J5ZXBV2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad gestures not working - Windows 10 - Dell Vostro 14 3480 ST: J5ZXBV2: Hello everyone!I bought a Dell Vostro 3480 a year ago, and in the beginning everything worked fine and then suddenly the touchpad gestures stopped working after a Windows 10 automatic update. I mean I can still move the cursor, but I cannot use the 2-finger scroll...
  3. Touchpad gestures not working - Windows 10 - Dell Vostro 14 3480 ST: J5ZXBV2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad gestures not working - Windows 10 - Dell Vostro 14 3480 ST: J5ZXBV2: Hello everyone!I bought a Dell Vostro 3480 a year ago, and in the beginning everything worked fine and then suddenly the touchpad gestures stopped working after a Windows 10 automatic update. I mean I can still move the cursor, but I cannot use the 2-finger scroll...
  4. Touchpad gestures not working - Windows 10 - Dell Vostro 14 3480 ST: J5ZXBV2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Dell Vostro to Dell 9020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Vostro to Dell 9020: Hi.I am going from a Dell Vostro to a Dell 9050. I am running Windows 10 Pro OEM and want to directly fit the SSD from the Vostro into the 9020 including the OS. Can anyone advise on this please. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have purchased a new license number....
  6. Touchpad gestures not working after installing windows 11 on Dell vostro 3401

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad gestures not working after installing windows 11 on Dell vostro 3401: After installing Win 11 touchpad gestures not working on my Dell Vostro 3401. I can't find the driver installed. Dell call centre suggests that I should go back to windows 10, but that option is not available. Can someone please help me to locate and install requisite driver...
  7. Touchpad gestures not working after installing windows 11 on Dell vostro 3401

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad gestures not working after installing windows 11 on Dell vostro 3401: After installing Win 11 touchpad gestures not working on my Dell Vostro 3401. I can't find the driver installed. Dell call centre suggests that I should go back to windows 10, but that option is not available. Can someone please help me to locate and install requisite driver...
  8. ALPS Touchpad problems

ALPS Touchpad problems: Hi All, I've spent the best part of today trying to solve this problem and I'm having absolutely no luck so far. Basically the touchpad on my Toshiba Portege Z30-A has started malfunctioning since windows did an update last night. The cursor keeps drifting up to the top...
  9. Alps Touchpad

Alps Touchpad: Has anyone found a driver that works for the Alps Touchpad? 2848
  10. Upgrade advice for two Dell Vostro Laptops, 1720 and 3550

Upgrade advice for two Dell Vostro Laptops, 1720 and 3550: I have two older Dell Vostro laptops: Vostro 1720 Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Vostro 3550 Windows 7 Home Premium x64 For each one, when I go to the Dell product support site and enter the service tag, I get the following warning. Product not tested for Windows 10...