Windows 10: Dell Vostro 230 windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Dell Vostro 230 windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to upgrade a dell Vostro 230 to windows 10 like the title says. I've seen several links on the internet saying it can be done. My issue is I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrayeversuswrld, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Dell Vostro 230 windows 10 upgrade

I'm trying to upgrade a dell Vostro 230 to windows 10 like the title says. I've seen several links on the internet saying it can be done. My issue is I get a hardware may not be able to upgrade blah blah blah. It's the bios settings. I'm loading windows 10 on a new 3.5 hdd. I went to the dell website to get the latest bios settings however it's says I cannot download the drivers. How can I I make this happen? Please help. Condescending comments welcome. Just help me handsome.

submitted by /u/mrayeversuswrld
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mrayeversuswrld, Jan 31, 2021

2. advice on upgrading existing vostro 230 and 220

i have been working on upgrading a company's setup. currently there are over 30 pcs in the network. The better half has been replaced with HP Pro 3500 with windows 7 pro x64 and a pentium g870 @3.1GHz.
    There are still a handful of Dell Vostro 230 and 220 with a combination of Celeron 450 and Core 2 Duo e7500. From what I'm seeing, the pcs with the celerons run significantly slower than the core 2 duos. Question I have is, Is it better to just get rid of the Vostros with the celerons all together, or upgrade the processors to duos? All of them have the same dell motherboard 07N90W, and both processors are 775 LGA socket. I still have to upgrade the machines to WIN 7 Pro x64 anyway.

karolpl2004, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Cheryl429 Win User
    Vostro 230 graphics driver update windows 10 pro

Dell has not tested for Vostro 230, can not play some of my games because of the driver is outdated. Can someone

direct me in the right direction to get an updated driver for Windows 10 pro. Will not let me go back to windows 7.

Thanks in advance.

Cheryl429, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Dell Vostro 230 windows 10 upgrade

problem upgrading dell vostro 1000 laptop

Ok trying now to upgrade vostro 1000, tried running setup from within Windows and told this PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10.... so now booting from USB pen and chose custom install.....assume this is a clean install.....it accepted my Windows 7 product key, which is good news.....fingers crossed

UPDATE *really*Wink*092 well it works, now have a dell vostro laptop with a clean install Windows 10.. I triied booting from the USB pen and chose upgrade it told me to restart the 'pc' and run setup from the install file...but that doesn't work, so chose custom and did a clean install, went flawlessly, even used the Windows 7 product key.....thank you everyone for your help and support and occaisonly steering me in the right direction LOL *Rolleyes.....it's working very well so from XP to vista to Windows 7 and now to Windows 10....quite a journey...

reddwarf4ever, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Dell Vostro 230 windows 10 upgrade

1. Dell Vostro 230 windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Dell Vostro 230

2. Windows 10 installation loop in Dell Vostro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 installation loop in Dell Vostro: Hello,I attempted to install Windows 10 on my Dell laptop, but when it reached the restart point, it started reinstalling Windows again. I removed the USB during the restart, but it didn't resolve the issue. The laptop has two hard drives – one HDD and one SSD. It installs...
  3. Dell Vostro TrackPad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Vostro TrackPad: HelloHave a Dell Vostro Latop, but have some strange things with the track pad. On web browser ie chrome etc , I’m using a crm webpage , and when I click and move using the trackpad it doesn’t go in the right place , so I end up clicking or selecting things I don’t want.I...
  4. Dell Vostro TrackPad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Vostro TrackPad: HelloHave a Dell Vostro Latop, but have some strange things with the track pad. On web browser ie chrome etc , I’m using a crm webpage , and when I click and move using the trackpad it doesn’t go in the right place , so I end up clicking or selecting things I don’t want.I...
  5. Dell Vostro to Dell 9020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Vostro to Dell 9020: Hi.I am going from a Dell Vostro to a Dell 9050. I am running Windows 10 Pro OEM and want to directly fit the SSD from the Vostro into the 9020 including the OS. Can anyone advise on this please. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have purchased a new license number....
  6. Dell Vostro to Dell 9020

Dell Vostro to Dell 9020: Hi.I am going from a Dell Vostro to a Dell 9050. I am running Windows 10 Pro OEM and want to directly fit the SSD from the Vostro into the 9020 including the OS. Can anyone advise on this please. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have purchased a new license number....
  7. Dell Vostro to Dell 9020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. dell vostro nightmare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dell vostro nightmare: i bought a dell vostro 3500 laptop directly from dell sometime before november 2021. it lasted about 6 weeks. i went to power it onone morning..it wouldn't power up. dell arranged to pick it up and sent me a replacement. around 2 weeks ago i started having problemswith the...
  9. dell vostro nightmare

dell vostro nightmare: i bought a dell vostro 3500 laptop directly from dell sometime before november 2021. it lasted about 6 weeks. i went to power it onone morning..it wouldn't power up. dell arranged to pick it up and sent me a replacement. around 2 weeks ago i started having problemswith the...
  10. problem upgrading dell vostro 1000 laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    problem upgrading dell vostro 1000 laptop: Tried upgrading my vostro 1000 to Windows 10, but got an message window saying that Dell has an issue with ati Radeon xpress 1150 not sure if it's a driver issue or hardware.. is is there anything I can do ? thanks 32669

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i manualy install graphics driver in windows 10 for dell vostro 230?