Windows 10: Dell Wifi not working/turning on.

Discus and support Dell Wifi not working/turning on. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The WiFi on my dell just suddenly went off as of yesterday. Until then it was working just fine. When ever I try to trouble shoot it says to turn it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Christian M_01, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Dell Wifi not working/turning on.

The WiFi on my dell just suddenly went off as of yesterday. Until then it was working just fine.

When ever I try to trouble shoot it says to turn it back on, which I tried through the control panel, but it is on.

When clicking the Wifi icon both Wifi and airplane options turn on, but only airplane mode works.

Trouble shooting also tells me about some sort of switch or button to turn it on, which I cant find on my Dell laptop.

What it is specifically is a Windows 8 pro laptop, so I hope that detail of info comes into play here.

Also, updating the drive dos int work either, I've tried already.

So please, if you (the person reading this) may know of how to fix this, do tell.

The name of the adapter is "Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250

Or at least I believe that to be the adapter, which is already a sign of the little I know.

But I know how to follow instructions.

:)

Christian M_01, Jul 22, 2018
  2. revdrw Win User

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

OK but why?

NOT YELLING, JUST EMPHASIZING

Please note, I installed the new Lynksis, it worked just fine for 3-4 days on both my MACBOOK PRO when in ethernet connect and the Dell, then the ethernet just quit working for both my MacBook Pro and Dell desktop. It did work, then just quit for no apparent reason. WIFi for iPhone, iPad, Andriod Phone, and when I set to wifi for my MacBook pro all work fine.

Detailed history: I first noticed that on my Desktop dell that is CAT5 ethernet connected to the WIFI ROuter, that it stopped, no internet access. I began to trouble shoot, and turned off my WIFI on my MAcbook and it wouldnt work either, plugged into same router but different cat5 cable. At that time, all WIFI devices still worked. I figured that it must be the ethernet side of the WIFI router, so I replaced the router with brand new one. the Lynksys N900 listed in original thread. Ethernet and everything worked just fine for 3-4 days. But then ethernet quit, but wifi still works.

Whatever the problem, it affects both my MacBook Pro and Dell with WIN 7. I'm guessing it is NOT a computer problem, if it is it is affecting both my Mac and Dell, separate cat 5 cables to same wifi router

To remixedcat, I don't know for sure how to check IP settings, see above post, no damage apparent to anything.

revdrw, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Gani 5A6 Win User
    my wifi is not turning on

So I have an dell i5 laptop t. It came with Windows 10

Dell Wifi not working/turning on. 109d03db-4355-43a0-8733-0e564d565ee8.png
    . It had been working perfectly until yesterday. All of a sudden Windows would not allow me to turn wifi on and thus was stuck in airplane mode.
    If you went to the wifi settings and turned it on the switch would just move right back to the off position.

I tried every suggestion I could find on the internet to resolve it (I don't have a wired connection available so had to research on my phone) and nothing worked. The things I have tried are as follows:

• Restart
    • Had windows attempt to diagnose and repair the connection. Every time ti diagnosed that wifi was turned off so it's solution was to turn on wifi which it seemed to do. Then on the part where it validates that the fix worked, the wifi had turned itself back
      off and thus validation failed.

Gani 5A6, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Dell Wifi not working/turning on.

Turn of push notice 'action required Wifi' Lumia 950

Hi, Kittyvan H.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Turn WiFi search off, when you don’t need it, by taping on WiFi quick action button or by managing your
    WiFi notification by following these steps:

• Slide your finger downwards on the screen.
    • Press All settings.
    • Press Network & wireless.
    • Press WiFi. and then select Wi-Fi Sense.
    • Turn on/off "Connect to suggested open hotspots".
    • Uncheck "Show a notification banner when action is needed from me".

Let us know if it works.

Marcel Dio, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Dell Wifi not working/turning on.

1. Dell Wifi not working/turning on. - Similar Threads - Dell Wifi working

2. Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working: Hi,I have a Dell XPS, the wifi driver is not working. I have been in contact with both Dell and Intel about this. Intel advised that I should download the Dell driver rather than the generic driver provided by Intel. However, it seems that a Microsoft driver is being...
  3. Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working: Hi,I have a Dell XPS, the wifi driver is not working. I have been in contact with both Dell and Intel about this. Intel advised that I should download the Dell driver rather than the generic driver provided by Intel. However, it seems that a Microsoft driver is being...
  4. Dell WiFi not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell WiFi not working: After resetting my dell g4 17 my killer wifi driver has stopped working im able to connect via ethernet but no WiFi networks are showing up. I've tried updating the WiFi driver but it is the lated driver. The error code for the driver is code 10, device cannot start. In the...
  5. Dell WiFi not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell WiFi not working: After resetting my dell g4 17 my killer wifi driver has stopped working im able to connect via ethernet but no WiFi networks are showing up. I've tried updating the WiFi driver but it is the lated driver. The error code for the driver is code 10, device cannot start. In the...
  6. Dell WiFi not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. windows 10 wifi won't turn on dell 3542

windows 10 wifi won't turn on dell 3542: Upgraded my dell 15 3000 model 3542 to Windows 10, but now I have no wifi. I've tried updating drivers, but Windows can't find a newer version. I've tried uninstalling the drivers, then restarting windows and letting it automatically reinstall. I don't have any old...
  8. Dell wifi not working

Dell wifi not working: I have a DELL INSPIRON 15 3000 SERIES, its always been connected to wifi. It shows the wifi connection and says "internet access" but I can't use the internet. When connected to an Ethernet cable, it works fine, but when switched back to wifi I can't use the web. Any...
  9. dell laptop stuck in airplane mode. unable to turn on wifi

dell laptop stuck in airplane mode. unable to turn on wifi: my dell laptop is stuck in airplane mode and will not reset. I can not turn on wireless connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop-stuck-in-airplane-mode-unable-to-turn/b0ceba85-1066-45e7-a395-29cfe7edc8b9
  10. dell laptop stuck in airplane mode. unable to turn on wifi

dell laptop stuck in airplane mode. unable to turn on wifi: my dell laptop is stuck in airplane mode and will not reset. I can not turn on wireless connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/dell-laptop-stuck-in-airplane-mode-unable-to-turn/b0ceba85-1066-45e7-a395-29cfe7edc8b9