Windows 10: Dell wifi not working

Discus and support Dell wifi not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a DELL INSPIRON 15 3000 SERIES, its always been connected to wifi. It shows the wifi connection and says "internet access" but I can't use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Axle777, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Axle777 Win User

Dell wifi not working

I have a DELL INSPIRON 15 3000 SERIES, its always been connected to wifi.

It shows the wifi connection and says "internet access" but I can't use the internet.

When connected to an Ethernet cable, it works fine, but when switched back to wifi I can't use the web.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Axle777, Aug 10, 2020
  2. revdrw Win User

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

OK but why?

NOT YELLING, JUST EMPHASIZING

Please note, I installed the new Lynksis, it worked just fine for 3-4 days on both my MACBOOK PRO when in ethernet connect and the Dell, then the ethernet just quit working for both my MacBook Pro and Dell desktop. It did work, then just quit for no apparent reason. WIFi for iPhone, iPad, Andriod Phone, and when I set to wifi for my MacBook pro all work fine.

Detailed history: I first noticed that on my Desktop dell that is CAT5 ethernet connected to the WIFI ROuter, that it stopped, no internet access. I began to trouble shoot, and turned off my WIFI on my MAcbook and it wouldnt work either, plugged into same router but different cat5 cable. At that time, all WIFI devices still worked. I figured that it must be the ethernet side of the WIFI router, so I replaced the router with brand new one. the Lynksys N900 listed in original thread. Ethernet and everything worked just fine for 3-4 days. But then ethernet quit, but wifi still works.

Whatever the problem, it affects both my MacBook Pro and Dell with WIN 7. I'm guessing it is NOT a computer problem, if it is it is affecting both my Mac and Dell, separate cat 5 cables to same wifi router

To remixedcat, I don't know for sure how to check IP settings, see above post, no damage apparent to anything.

revdrw, Aug 10, 2020
  3. OneMoar Win User
    upgrading a dell laptop options

some dells require dell-branded wifi cards the use white-listed bios's so unless you wanna go tinkering with the bios you are stuck with whatever cards are white-listed in the bios
    633ANHMW is pretty much the only MIMO capable card that will work
    Try and get the dell branded one if you can

OneMoar, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Dell wifi not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Dell wifi not working

1. Dell wifi not working - Similar Threads - Dell wifi working

2. Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working: Hi,I have a Dell XPS, the wifi driver is not working. I have been in contact with both Dell and Intel about this. Intel advised that I should download the Dell driver rather than the generic driver provided by Intel. However, it seems that a Microsoft driver is being...
  3. Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working: Hi,I have a Dell XPS, the wifi driver is not working. I have been in contact with both Dell and Intel about this. Intel advised that I should download the Dell driver rather than the generic driver provided by Intel. However, it seems that a Microsoft driver is being...
  4. Dell g4 17 WiFi not working after pc reset

Dell g4 17 WiFi not working after pc reset: After resetting my dell g4 17 my killer wifi 1535 wireless network adapter driver has stopped working im able to connect via ethernet but no WiFi networks are showing up. I've tried updating the WiFi driver but it is the lated driver. The error code for the driver is code 10,...
  5. Dell g4 17 WiFi not working after pc reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell g4 17 WiFi not working after pc reset: After resetting my dell g4 17 my killer wifi 1535 wireless network adapter driver has stopped working im able to connect via ethernet but no WiFi networks are showing up. I've tried updating the WiFi driver but it is the lated driver. The error code for the driver is code 10,...
  6. Dell WiFi not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell WiFi not working: After resetting my dell g4 17 my killer wifi driver has stopped working im able to connect via ethernet but no WiFi networks are showing up. I've tried updating the WiFi driver but it is the lated driver. The error code for the driver is code 10, device cannot start. In the...
  7. Dell WiFi not working

Dell WiFi not working: After resetting my dell g4 17 my killer wifi driver has stopped working im able to connect via ethernet but no WiFi networks are showing up. I've tried updating the WiFi driver but it is the lated driver. The error code for the driver is code 10, device cannot start. In the...
  8. Dell WiFi not working

9. Dell Wifi not working/turning on.

Dell Wifi not working/turning on.: The WiFi on my dell just suddenly went off as of yesterday. Until then it was working just fine. When ever I try to trouble shoot it says to turn it back on, which I tried through the control panel, but it is on. When clicking the Wifi icon both Wifi and airplane options...
  10. Ethernet and Wifi both not working on Dell Laptop, druvers instaled.

Ethernet and Wifi both not working on Dell Laptop, druvers instaled.: Today wifi was acting slow and strange, so i removed all drivers. Than installed new drivers downloaded from dell support, for my model of notebook, tried few other compatible drivers, uninstaling, deleting, tried safe mode. But i cant get my network hardware to work....