Windows 10: Dell Windows 10 PC on but has a black screen

Discus and support Dell Windows 10 PC on but has a black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; so I was updating my computer and it said it was updating firmware. but when it was finished it just was black still. the power button and everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CalebW-B, Jan 29, 2021.

1. CalebW-B Win User

Dell Windows 10 PC on but has a black screen

so I was updating my computer and it said it was updating firmware. but when it was finished it just was black still. the power button and everything Is on but its just a black screen. My keyboard and mouse are not responding either.

:)

CalebW-B, Jan 29, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jan 29, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Dell 3455 black screen

Hello,

We suggest following the steps here in
    Troubleshoot black screen problems
    and see if it resolves the issue.

Update us on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Dell Windows 10 PC on but has a black screen - Similar Threads - Dell has black

2. Dell vostro 1520 black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell vostro 1520 black screen: Every time I turn on my dell Vostro 1520 laptop I get no display It's just a black screen. The only thing that is different is when I turn it on the LED lights above the keyboard, the last 3 buttons are blue the first one is flashing, the second one is solid and same with the...
  3. My Dell Inspiron N5110 has black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell Inspiron N5110 has black screen: I recently had a SSD upgrade and did a fresh windows install on it. But while I was installing , right as I did the security question, the windows just black screen. No cursor nothing. Only option I did is check if the new SSD was working and it indeed was.I installed it on...
  4. My Dell Inspiron N5110 has black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Dell Inspiron N5110 has black screen: I recently had a SSD upgrade and did a fresh windows install on it. But while I was installing , right as I did the security question, the windows just black screen. No cursor nothing. Only option I did is check if the new SSD was working and it indeed was.I installed it on...
  5. My Dell Inspiron N5110 has black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Pc has black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc has black screen: Pc whenever loading in with the windows logo then goes to a black screen jow I can wake up the screen and it shows login it logins but is stuck on welcome forever then either eventually goes black again how do I fix this...
  7. Pc has black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc has black screen: Pc whenever loading in with the windows logo then goes to a black screen jow I can wake up the screen and it shows login it logins but is stuck on welcome forever then either eventually goes black again how do I fix this...
  8. Pc has black screen

9. Window 10 Dell Laptop goes black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window 10 Dell Laptop goes black screen: Every so often if I move the laptop the screen will go black. When I hit the mousepad I get nothing. I tap the power button once I and if I turn the caps button on I do see the light on. I then hit the mouse pad a few times and I get nothing. Sometimes it comes on but...
  10. pc flikers black screen and has a windows explore crash

pc flikers black screen and has a windows explore crash: my computer has a black screen flickering and I can t open any apps and the windows explorer crash and I happened today and is not changing for 1 hr of doing it nothing happens also I can't go in safe mode....