Windows 10: Dell Windows 10 Pro won't boot. Hangs on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an...

Discus and support Dell Windows 10 Pro won't boot. Hangs on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This morning DELL Windows 10 Pro won't boot. It automatically went to DISK REPAIR but hung. Have tried: Ran DELL diagnostics: ALL PASSED Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Richard Denney, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Dell Windows 10 Pro won't boot. Hangs on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an...

This morning DELL Windows 10 Pro won't boot. It automatically went to DISK REPAIR but hung.

Have tried:

Ran DELL diagnostics: ALL PASSED
    Tried AUTOMATIC REPAIR, says couldn't repair PC
    Tried command line scf/ scannow .. windows resource protection could not perform operation
    Tried UNINSTALL UPDATES, both quality and features .. failed
    Tried STARTUP REPAIR .. fails
    Tried SYSTEM RESTORE .. no restore points available

The fact DELL diagnostics works makes me think this is a corrupted image or update that went south.

Doing a reset of Windows is a last resort. Any one else seeing similar?

:)

Richard Denney, Mar 25, 2021

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - Automatic Repair - boots in 2nd cycle

Hello. This is similiar topic on our forum but now i will explain more brighter.
    So last time after i change in my UEFI boot priority from :"UEFI USB KINGSTON" to "P1 SSD SAMSUNG EVO 250 GB" i am getting weird booting problem with Windows 10.

Dell Windows 10 Pro won't boot. Hangs on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an... [​IMG]

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc. Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly or Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine. So i am needing 2 boots to boot properly to windows.

My disk is on MBR partirion. Is this related to my UEFI/Partitions?

Somebody said to me this:"UEFI booting requires a GPT disk. This is why Windows has to fix itself and only boots in 2nd cycle - as you keep trying to boot UEFI to an MBR disk."

Also i know that UEFI firmware can emulate BIOS functionality (CSM/Legacy) and work with MBR disks just fine. Or i am wrong? And cause is elsewhere?

I am a little confused. Thx for reply. My ssd Samsung Evo 250 GB , rams 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz.

litwicki24, Mar 25, 2021
  4. tamo Win User

Dell Windows 10 Pro won't boot. Hangs on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an...

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Dell Windows 10 Pro won't boot. Hangs on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an... [​IMG]

Thema:

Dell Windows 10 Pro won't boot. Hangs on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an...

1. Dell Windows 10 Pro won't boot. Hangs on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an... - Similar Threads - Dell Pro won't

2. repairing disk errors this might take an hour' loop on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    repairing disk errors this might take an hour' loop on windows 10: Hi,On start-up my windows 10 says 'disk errors' then 'preparing to repair' then to 'Diagnosing your PC' and then proceeds to re-start and the repeats the process and keeps looping... I cannot do anything else and I do not have my Windows recovery DVD backup I have turned the...
  3. Help my laptop have been stuck at "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help my laptop have been stuck at "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to...: I had some problems with updating my laptop , when it finally did my laptop seemed to work just fine then when i tried to open it today it gave me this screen and stuck there for hours what should i do submitted by /u/NemNemCookie [link] [comments]...
  4. "repairing disk error. This might take over an hour to complete" failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "repairing disk error. This might take over an hour to complete" failed: Help me guys. So when I tried to boot my computer, i got a message said "repairing disk error.. " It was like that for 6 hours. When it finished, it says that it failed to repair the disk. Now i can't use it anymore. I tried resetting it without deleting my files but it...
  5. Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.": Windows update came in today, and this is where my system is currently at. Endless repairing in progress, and I'm a little frustrated why I should encounter this problem through your updates. I do not have the capabilities to resolve this on my own. Please help everything...
  6. Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.": The Windows 10 logo pops up then goes black. After a while it comes up again with the message "Preparing automatic repair." Then goes onto "Diagnosing your PC." Or whatever then goes to the Repairing disk errors part. I let the pc on like 8h and nothing happend. What should...
  7. Windows 10 Won't boot.. Repairing disk errors

Windows 10 Won't boot.. Repairing disk errors: I have a Toshiba Satellitle i7 Windows 10 wont start first showing automatic repair then, "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete"... and nothing happens over 4 hours. I cannot even get into advance settings or command prompt even when I press F2,...
  8. Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.

Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.: Hi, My pc is currently struggling with the issues. I use an Asus and throughout the Bios menu there is no option to boot from usb, i have one installed with media, and it still goes straight to the repair again, which is taking me more than 24 hours of straight "repairing"...
  9. Repairing disk erroes. This might take over an hour to complete.

Repairing disk erroes. This might take over an hour to complete.: Hi, My pc is currently struggling with the issues. I use an Asus and throughout the Bios menu there is no option to boot from usb, i have one installed with media, and it still goes straight to the repair again, which is taking me more than 24 hours of straight "repairing"...
  10. Windows 10: Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to ..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to ..: Hi everyone i got acer aspire 5738 ( Y a bit old ..) and he was working fine till friday when i started disk optimization from acer and stopped it in the middle od process .. Next day i get this message "Repairing disk errors.This might take over an hour to complete" he was...