Windows 10: Dell Windows 10 & Toshiba estudio237 connected via USB but does NOT work

Discus and support Dell Windows 10 & Toshiba estudio237 connected via USB but does NOT work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new Windows 10 computer and an old Toshiba EStudio237 printer/copier. The sound chimes when I turn my printer on and off so I know windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PPRTN, May 17, 2019.

1. PPRTN Win User

Dell Windows 10 & Toshiba estudio237 connected via USB but does NOT work

I have a new Windows 10 computer and an old Toshiba EStudio237 printer/copier. The sound chimes when I turn my printer on and off so I know windows recognizes the USB connect. The printer will not come up on the list, cannot find it to add it, and when downloading the only driver Toshiba points me to (Color PS something) still will not print to e237. What can I do to make it work? It is USB connected.

:)

PPRTN, May 17, 2019
  2. flamer Win User

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, May 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, May 17, 2019
  4. Dell Windows 10 & Toshiba estudio237 connected via USB but does NOT work

Dell 5100cn printer works when connected with USB but doesnot work wireless with Windows 10

Original title: Dell 5100cn printer with Windows 10

My Dell 5100cn worked fine wireless on Windows 10 until this past weekend. I have tried to troubleshoot with the following:

• ubs connect and it will print
    • print from a Windows7 laptop wireless and it will print
    In my thinking, it has to be an update/setting issue for it to stop working so abruptly.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. It continues to print fine with usb but though recognized on wireless, will not print. At first I thought the network card on the printer might have gone bad, but it prints fine with other computers on
    the network.

Secondly, I thought it might be a windows 10 issue, but with it printing usb, I don't think that could be the case.

I am not really sure what to try next. I can usb to print, but it is not as convenient. I would really like to get it back printing wireless. Any suggestions?

DFT

DuJuanaThompson, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Dell Windows 10 & Toshiba estudio237 connected via USB but does NOT work

1. Dell Windows 10 & Toshiba estudio237 connected via USB but does NOT work - Similar Threads - Dell Toshiba estudio237

2. Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.: When i boot from the stick a blue Windows logo on black background appears for a short time but then disappears and the Computer reboots regulary as if i never did anithing but press the on button. What can i do?I created the USB installer with the media creation tool. Befor...
  3. Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.: When i boot from the stick a blue Windows logo on black background appears for a short time but then disappears and the Computer reboots regulary as if i never did anithing but press the on button. What can i do?I created the USB installer with the media creation tool. Befor...
  4. Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Boot to USB not working - Toshiba Windows XP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot to USB not working - Toshiba Windows XP: I have a Toshiba satellite that originally came with XP. I updated it to windows 10 using usb, however it wasn’t functioning correctly so I found a XP iso online and started to install that back onto the laptop using USB. It is halfway through an install and it tells me there...
  6. Phone connected via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone connected via USB: Installed Windows 11, not a great change.As many have reported, where is the on and sleep button, FOUND IT and many other features I have found.But surly for every change, Windows could have told us.The system shows my mobile is paired, but I can no longer see if it is...
  7. Phone connected via USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone connected via USB: Installed Windows 11, not a great change.As many have reported, where is the on and sleep button, FOUND IT and many other features I have found.But surly for every change, Windows could have told us.The system shows my mobile is paired, but I can no longer see if it is...
  8. Android not connecting to Windows via USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Android not connecting to Windows via USB: Here's the scenario: I connect my Android device ( running on Android 9/Pie) to PC (on windows 10) via USB. It connects to windows (confirmed by sound of connection) and starts charging. I go through the USB options on phone and switch to 'File Transfer' option. Now...
  9. Road Angel PURE wont connect via USB to DELL Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Road Angel PURE wont connect via USB to DELL Windows 10 laptop: I have a Road Angel PURE (speed camera detector for a car), and my Windows 10 laptop doesn't like it when I plug it in (any usb port). It doesn't communicate, and instead of displaying the normal working screen goes to a blank screen with just "Road Angel" written across it...
  10. Connect to NAS via Explorer does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect to NAS via Explorer does not work: Dear community, I'm trying to connect via explorer in Windows 10 to my WD NAS. It does not work with explorer although I'm setting the appropriate credentials (Username of NAS etc.). With the good old "Net use Z. \\....") it works perfect. So where do I have to look to...