Windows 10: Dell Wireless 1704/1708 WiFi Driver not setup withe win10- 1903

Discus and support Dell Wireless 1704/1708 WiFi Driver not setup withe win10- 1903 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; what the Solution for that :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jofii2009, Jun 10, 2019.

1. jofii2009 Win User

Dell Wireless 1704/1708 WiFi Driver not setup withe win10- 1903

jofii2009, Jun 10, 2019

2. Problem with Dell Wireless 5630's driver

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

The issue you are facing could be due to the wireless driver us outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

Step 1.

I suggest you to update the wireless driver manually and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and expand it.

• Right click on the wireless device driver
      and click on update.
    If the issue still persist try the below step.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to go to the dell wireless manufacturer website and download the latest updated wireless driver and install the same. Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Brand new Dell laptop, updated to windows 10 but can't connect to Wifi unless I'm right on top of the router (Dell Wireless 1704 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz)) wifi card

LadyMo,

Look through the all apps list in your Start menu to see if there is a folder with Dell in its name. If there is open it to see if there is anything with a title such as Dell WiFi utility. If there is then open it and make sure that it has a setting that
    confirms that it allows Windows to control the WiFi card [check its Help & look around the various settings it makes available to you to find out]. If you cannot find such a setting then you can either spend time investigating the subject further or just
    uninstall it to make sure that it is not interfering with Windows' control of the WiFi card. It is possible that Dell no longer puts in these unnecessary utilities [Windows can manage this card without any help from Dell].

Do remember to search the forum - here's a link
    Dell WiFi 1704
    - to see if there is any useful guidance already. And search the Dell user forums & the Dell website for guidance.

Where I used revert when referring to Device manager - Device manager, {select the WiFi card}, right-click, Properties, Driver tab, Rollback driver. Then try using it again to see if the previous driver was any better.

There is one other action that will help you get back to where you started in case your early actions complicated the situation. Many people are reluctant to do this.

• Go to Device manager, look for the group Network adapters, select the WiFi card, right-click, uninstall.
    • Do the same for the Ethernet card.
    • Reboot the computer.
    • Open Device manager again and you'll find that the system has detected & reinstalled both cards. They will both have the default drivers that come with Windows 10.
    • Doing this will have established a baseline for further troubleshooting that will be clear of the settings you have changed as part of your initial response.
    • See if the Ethernet connects properly to the router [just to get this out of the way so you can then ignore it as I think it is distracting you].
    • Now see how the WiFi card behaves.
    If it is still giving poor reception, use the guide at
    Where to get hardware drivers. The initial step will be using Windows 10 to find & install any updated driver that it thinks is needed. Then test it again. Then try drivers from the WiFi card manufacturer [the initial
    product description or your purchase documentation or the Dell website will identify who made the WiFi card]. Then test it again. Then try whatever driver Dell suggests. Then test it again.

If it still does not give decent reception, contact Dell support. I imagine your warranty explains how to do so.

Best of luck,

Tryx3, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Traisa Win User

Window's 10 not working with Dell wireless 1704.

I've upgraded to Windows 10 but the internet connection is spotty. It'll work, then it drops, then it works. I've read on Dell forums that other folks with the Dell 1704 wireless card (which is what I have on my Dell XPS 8700 desktop) get the same spotty
    connection after upgrading to Win 10. I haven't been able to find a solution yet.

I've done the Win 10 wireless card driver updates from Dell's website and no improvement. I assume I've been doing that correctly: I've downloaded the driver files(s) onto a thumb drive (since I can't get a decent connection on my desktop) and then opening
    the drive on the desktop via the thumb drive, and clicking through the installer prompts, then restarting.

It's not my DSL modem/router. The wireless worked fine prior to upgrading to Win 10 and all of my other devices are fine with the connection.

This is my last ditch effort before trying to go back to Win 8.1. I really like Windows 10 and would like to make it work out. Any ideas would be appreciated. Many thanks!

Traisa, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Dell Wireless 1704/1708 WiFi Driver not setup withe win10- 1903 - Similar Threads - Dell Wireless 1704

2. Realtek WiFi Driver crashing on setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek WiFi Driver crashing on setup: As I try to run the setup.exe, it always ends up with SetDrvAll.exe crashing, the next following image is what most important information I could find.If this can be fixed ASAP, please drop some solutions....
  3. Dell printer 1320c driver for Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell printer 1320c driver for Win10: Dell printer 1320c driver for Win10It is very unclear by Dell which driver to download.Please use - search for driver and instructions under this link from Dell web page:1320c_DRV_ENG_01-01-05-00_01-01-05-00.exeUnzip in easy located folder and unpack there.At config. add new...
  4. network wireless - win10 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network wireless - win10 1903: There are wireless , and 1903 is not wireless. i am network reset. And, i am PC reset. i am not wireless and this wireless connectivity. 1. wireless connectivity? 2. wireless -- router? i am work during google / bing searches....
  5. Setup Drivers for USB wifi Adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setup Drivers for USB wifi Adapter: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UnknownMythical [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lviheo/setup_drivers_for_usb_wifi_adapter/
  6. Wireless Wifi Driver MISSING

Wireless Wifi Driver MISSING: Hello. My problem started when I booted up my laptop just to find me unable to connect to the internet and find any connections. So I did what made sense and factory reset my laptop. Now, I have a fresh new laptop without a Wifi driver. I tried downloading a wifi driver...
  7. XBOX Wireless controller Model 1708 wired not recognized

XBOX Wireless controller Model 1708 wired not recognized: Hello, I recently reinstalled windows, and ever since none of my controllers 2 Xbox wireless model 1708 and 1 DualShock work anymore; I have 2 wireles dongles that apparently have broken drivers so I've tried plugging the controllers in directly with a wire, but even that...
  8. XBox One S (1708 model) wireless connection issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XBox One S (1708 model) wireless connection issue: Hello everyone. Today I fixed an XBox Controller and it seems to work fine. I tried first using two AA batteries and connecting to my Android phone via Bluetooth, and it worked; I also tried connecting the controller to my PC via cable and same thing. But, as soon as I go to...
  9. No WiFi in Win10 Pro (1903) Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WiFi in Win10 Pro (1903) Windows Sandbox: I (seemingly) successfully updated my Surface Pro 6 to v.1903 today, and after some initial fumbles enabling it, now have Windows Sandbox enabled and it seems to open just fine. However, there is no WiFi access within Sandbox. Accessing Settings for Network & Internet, the...
  10. Is Dell Wireless Driver install needed

Is Dell Wireless Driver install needed: Noticed in control panel that Dell wireless driver progam is installed on my Dell 660. I use wired connections for the pc to my modem and don't know if it is necessary as I do not have any wireless items connected. A wifi finder program shows three items being on when I only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download dell wireless 1704/1708 wifi driver