Windows 10: DELL XPS 12 (9Q33) Windows 10 NFC beep sound but no cards read

Discus and support DELL XPS 12 (9Q33) Windows 10 NFC beep sound but no cards read in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried to read a MIFARE NFC card using the XPS 12 built in NFC reader. Tried with different NFC apps from Windows Store (NFC Kits, NFCReader), but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Irgi02, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Irgi02 Win User

DELL XPS 12 (9Q33) Windows 10 NFC beep sound but no cards read

I tried to read a MIFARE NFC card using the XPS 12 built in NFC reader. Tried with different NFC apps from Windows Store (NFC Kits, NFCReader), but it does not work. If the card (or my cellphone) is near the reader, the laptop plays a nice beep sound, but the apps do not show any data read.

The device manager shows NXP NearFieldProximity Provider (If i disable the device, the sound is not played any more).

My Windows 10 is Build 1803, the NXP driver version is NXP Semiconductors, 19.04.2013, 6.3.1.0

Downloaded the driver (HXVH9) from Dell support website:

Title: Network: Intel Near Field Communication Driver
    Version: A03
    OEM Name:
    OEM Version: 6.3.1.0
    Computers: XPS Notebook: XPS 9Q33
    Created: 10/15/2013

How can i get the NFC working?

Thanks,

Stephan

:)

Irgi02, Jan 31, 2019

2. Dell XPS 12 Touchscreen Issue

Hello April,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.
    I know how this concerns you and I’ll help you regarding the issue.

I need more information to help you better.

• Did you install any windows update after which this issue occurred?

• What is the exact model of your Dell XPS 12 computer?

You might be facing this issue because of an outdated or corrupted

touchscreen driver. So, let’s try the following and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Hardware and devices troubleshooter can detect and fix errors and incorrect

settings in devices. You can refer these steps to run this troubleshooter:

a) Press Windows key +X, select Control

panel

b) Change the view by option on the top right to Large

icons

c) Click on troubleshooting and click on the

view all option on the left panel

d) Run the Hardware and devices

troubleshooter.

Check if you see any exclamation in device manager. Follow the steps.

e. Press Windows key + X.

f. Click on Device manager.

g. Select Human

Interface Devices.

h. Check if you see any error.

Method 2:

I suggest you to try and update the touch screen drivers and

check for the resolution.

You may follow the steps:
    g) Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device

Manager.

h) Expand Human Interface Devices.

i) Locate the Touch screen

driver.

j) Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver

Software.

k) Click on Search automatically for the updated driver

software.

l) Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touchpad

driver.

If you are using XPS 12 9Q33, I suggest you to install the latest version

of video card drivers and check.
    Support für XPS 12 9Q33 | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland

Reply with results and necessary information. I`ll be happy to help you

further.
    Thank you.

Pushyanth K S, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jan 31, 2019
  4. DELL XPS 12 (9Q33) Windows 10 NFC beep sound but no cards read

Dell Studio XPS 8000 sound not working . Wind 10 driver for SIIG card

Let's start with the obvious:

1) Check the BIOS and make sure that audio isn't disabled.
    2) Make sure the sound isn't set to "mute" in Windows.

The on-board sound

Remove the SIIG card, then check Device Manager to see what it reports in the Sound category.

According to the system specs, the Dell Studio XPS 8000 has a Realtek High Definition Audio ALC887 chip on-board. Dell doesn't list any drivers for this system that are newer than Windows 7. You can get the latest driver for Windows 10 directly from Realtek.

The sound card

You're out of luck here. The SIIG SoundWave 7.1 PCI uses a C-Media CMI8768 sound chip. C-Media says "For CMI873x or CMI876x series, C-Media no longer support Win10 driver."

Static~Charge, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

DELL XPS 12 (9Q33) Windows 10 NFC beep sound but no cards read

1. DELL XPS 12 (9Q33) Windows 10 NFC beep sound but no cards read - Similar Threads - DELL XPS 9Q33

2. Beeping sound Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beeping sound Windows: Hope someone can help;The question is about a computer i bought begint his year. Since the beginning it's making beep sounds. I think these sounds are coming from Windows itself, error beep codes from Lenovobrand of the computer sounds different, and only play when a computer...
  3. Beeping sound Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beeping sound Windows: Hope someone can help;The question is about a computer i bought begint his year. Since the beginning it's making beep sounds. I think these sounds are coming from Windows itself, error beep codes from Lenovobrand of the computer sounds different, and only play when a computer...
  4. Beeping sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Beeping sound: I'm hearing a beeping sound about every 20 seconds. I ran the troubleshoot but didn't fix the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/beeping-sound/104bf02c-7a2f-42fe-80b1-34680f8afc5d
  5. Webcam and TouchScreen are not working in Dell XPS 12 9Q23 laptop

Webcam and TouchScreen are not working in Dell XPS 12 9Q23 laptop: Webcam and Touchscreen are not working , Basically both the device are not showing in the Device manager . Tried different options like below : 1. Reinstalled the window 2. Updated the window 3. Checked the device driver on the device page...
  6. Cannot detect integrated webcam on XPS 12-9Q33 with Windows 10

Cannot detect integrated webcam on XPS 12-9Q33 with Windows 10: Cannot detect integrated webcam on XPS 12-9Q33 after installing Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-detect-integrated-webcam-on-xps-12-9q33/b27c6103-acac-4afc-97ca-457bcd955364
  7. Dell XPS 13 9360 Sound Issue

Dell XPS 13 9360 Sound Issue: I have a friend who has the above laptop and she is not able to get sound from the sound card. She installed what she thinks is the latest Realtek drivers. However I am confused as to some of the information listed on her system as to what is the real driver. 1. When I go to...
  8. Beep Sound

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Beep Sound: hey! i have concern that whenever i plug-in and plug-out my charger froom my laptop based on windows 10, beep sound comes out. i am not able to find how to mute that beep sound even if i have mute the system sound kindly help me as it is very disturbing to other at quiet...
  9. Dell Inspiron 3442 makes Beep Sound

Dell Inspiron 3442 makes Beep Sound: As starting the laptop there is continuous Beep sound for few minutes and once started it stops . What may be the reason ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-3442-makes-beep-sound/586af185-8b80-47f6-a6e9-57060b4cdd75
  10. Beep sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Beep sound: When i use 2 fingures on touchpad to up and down pages sometimes my laptop start beeping or freeze... Then i have to restart it.. How to fix this..plz help I have hp notebook 15 ba637tu windows 10 1809...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xps 12 no sound

2. DELL XPS 12 9Q33 nfc reader