Windows 10: Dell XP’s 13 black screen on power up

Discus and support Dell XP’s 13 black screen on power up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just arrived in India on 3 week photographic trip to find my laptop just powers up to a black screen. No logo or signs of life. Just before I left home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by masplin, Apr 28, 2019.

1. masplin Win User

Dell XP’s 13 black screen on power up

Just arrived in India on 3 week photographic trip to find my laptop just powers up to a black screen. No logo or signs of life. Just before I left home updated various things and last action might have been update and shutdown. Guessing something has updated a driver that is corrupt.

ive tried the turn on and off 3 times to get into safe mode but just a black screen. Machine is getting hot so guess it is running.

any suggestions how to get into safe mode appreciated as assume then I can uninstall the graphics driver which is probably the cause.

much appreciated any advice

mike

:)

masplin, Apr 28, 2019

2. Dell XPS 13 9333 - Windows couldnt not complete the installation, to install windows on this computer, please restart the installation

According to Dell's official Windows 10 Creators Update page, the Dell xps 13 9333 is not listed as tested:

Dell computers tested for Windows 10 October 2018 Update and previous versions of Windows 10 | Dell Deutschland

You can try a manual upgraded as suggested in my previous reply using the ISO in addition to the 12 steps before upgrading.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 28, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Dell XPS 13 To Get 1080p Screen Option

Dell's XPS 13 Ultrabook is all set to get a 1080p (1920 x 1080 resolution) screen option, without changes in its size, later this month, according to a company spokesperson. The 13-incher has been sticking around with drab 1366 x 768 resolution, and will join several other Ultrabook manufacturers in making 1080p a norm for notebooks with over 11.6-inch screen size. It remains to be seen how the 1080p screen option is priced over the current base model's $790 price-tag.

Dell XP’s 13 black screen on power up 41a_thm.jpg

Source: Engadget

btarunr, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

CES 2018: Dell unveils the new XPS 13 powered by Windows 10

Source: CES 2018: Dell unveils the new XPS 13 powered by Windows 10 - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Dell XP’s 13 black screen on power up - Similar Threads - Dell XP’s black

2. Black screen after powering on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after powering on: Hello,Today I ran into a problem with my computer. Some background info, I currently have Windows installed on my SSD and also have an additional HDD but that harddrive is old and has a lot of problems. So when turning on my PC windows asks me to do a disk check. But I don’t...
  3. Black screen after powering on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after powering on: Hello,Today I ran into a problem with my computer. Some background info, I currently have Windows installed on my SSD and also have an additional HDD but that harddrive is old and has a lot of problems. So when turning on my PC windows asks me to do a disk check. But I don’t...
  4. Black screen after powering on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop's stuck on a black screen after powering up

Laptop's stuck on a black screen after powering up: [IMG][IMG]I shut down my laptop after the screen started getting weird black bars around it and when I started it up it showed either just a black lit up screen or a black lit up screen with the glitched block in the middle. The cursor also shows up and can be moved around...
  6. Problem in XPS 13 dell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem in XPS 13 dell: Hi, I have a new laptop XPS 13 of dell, and for some reason there is a graphic problem when using universal docking station I am using windows 10 20H2 version latest version The problem is like that: 1. when doing right on directory for example, and moving the mouse...
  7. Not able to power on the laptop it ends up in a black screen

Not able to power on the laptop it ends up in a black screen: I am not able to power on my laptop. Everytime i start the laptop it shows all the boot up things including the windows logo and the rotating dots and after that ends up showing a black screen with only a blue rotating cursor..i am able to hear the windows startup sound but...
  8. no touch screen on dell xps 13

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no touch screen on dell xps 13: Can someone please tell me how I can get the touch screen to work on a new Dell Xps 13 9300. The touch screen facility has not worked from day 1 now on day 3. The touch screen does not appear under the human interface driver so I cannot enable it there. thanks...
  9. Black Screen when power on

Black Screen when power on: Laptop screen just goes black while I using it. I switched off and on again, the led lights were on but no display on the screen. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-when-power-on/fd508336-6fb7-4730-8f1d-1673ebd848b6
  10. Dell Inspiron 13 5379

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron 13 5379: Hello, My Dell will not boot. Error message "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" Worked with Microsoft tech to install a clean version of Windows 10 to no avail. Dell customer support is terrible and will not answer any of my questions without paying for an extended warranty or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell xps 13 9360 screen black