Windows 10: Dell XPS 15 2019- Wifi Speed issue

Discus and support Dell XPS 15 2019- Wifi Speed issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just received Dell XPS 15 with i9 processor , 32 GB Ram. I bought this laptop from HIDevolution and got the Wifi card changed from Killer to Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kkdevWin, Sep 24, 2019.

1. kkdevWin Win User

Dell XPS 15 2019- Wifi Speed issue

I just received Dell XPS 15 with i9 processor , 32 GB Ram.
    I bought this laptop from HIDevolution and got the Wifi card changed from Killer to Intel AX200.
    I'm suppose to get 275 mbps download speed as per my ISP contract.
    My iPhone, iPad and another Windows laptop is showing up close to 300 mbps continuously.

However Dell XPS Wifi speed is dropping off and showing 40 mbps . I updated the latest Intel Wifi driver. Also I removed killer wifi card divers . Then I got the speed upto 300 mbps. I put the laptop on sleep mode and next day I checked the speed test which was again showing 40 mbps download speed.
    I restarted my laptop and again the WIfi speed shows poor speed -45 mbps.

My router is working fine ( it is the latest netgear WIFI6) . All the other devices are showing more than 275 mbps speed . Only the new XPS has the wifi speed dropping issue .

Can you please suggest any parmanent solution ?

Also in the forum , I found a post from 2016 by y0himba , dated 18-Jun-2016 to replace the Registry Winsoc and Winsoc2 folders with two Winsoc attachments.

Can you please share the latest Winsoc and Winsoc2 folders/files.

Thank you

:)

kkdevWin, Sep 24, 2019
  2. kkdevWin Win User

I just received Dell XPS 15 with i9 processor , 32 GB Ram.
    I bought this laptop from HIDevolution and got the Wifi card changed from Killer to Intel AX200.
    I'm suppose to get 275 mbps download speed as per my ISP contract.
    My iPhone, iPad and another Windows laptop is showing up close to 300 mbps continuously.

However Dell XPS Wifi speed is dropping off and showing 40 mbps . I updated the latest Intel Wifi driver. Also I removed killer wifi card divers . Then I got the speed upto 300 mbps. I put the laptop on sleep mode and next day I checked the speed test which was again showing 40 mbps download speed.
    I restarted my laptop and again the WIfi speed shows poor speed -45 mbps.

My router is working fine ( it is the latest netgear WIFI6) . All the other devices are showing more than 275 mbps speed . Only the new XPS has the wifi speed dropping issue .

Can you please suggest any parmanent solution ?

Also in the forum , I found a post from 2016 by y0himba , dated 18-Jun-2016 to replace the Registry Winsoc and Winsoc2 folders with two Winsoc attachments.

Can you please share the latest Winsoc and Winsoc2 folders/files.

Thank you

kkdevWin, Sep 24, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User

The Dell installed "Smartbyte" is a known cause of internet speed slowdowns. On the Dell forums if we get someone complaining about slow speed when their other devices do not have the slowdown, the first thing we suggest is to uninstall Smartbyte.

On my Dell Inspiron 15 that came with Smartbyte, my Internet speed was running in the low 80Mb/sec range. I removed Smartbyte and it jumped up to around 115Mb/sec.

fireberd, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Dell XPS 15 2019- Wifi Speed issue

My dell xps 13" with the original Wifi card and everything is smooth, fast at a far range, maybe get the original one installed instead of returning the laptop. I used Nikon photo software which runs very smoothly on the XPS with a i5 core processor along with graphics design. i upgraded from a MacBook and am very happy i switched.
    hope this helps.

MountianlionXPS, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Dell XPS 15 2019- Wifi Speed issue - Similar Threads - Dell XPS 2019

2. Dell XPS 15 9500 experiencing many issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell XPS 15 9500 experiencing many issues.: Hello, I have recently gotten myself a XPS 15 9500 and have been experiencing some issues with it.When I first unboxed it, I was met with a headphone jack that wouldn't work unless I reset a driver every time I restarted, or put to sleep my computer, or unplugged my...
  3. Dell XPS 15 9500 experiencing many issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell XPS 15 9500 experiencing many issues.: Hello, I have recently gotten myself a XPS 15 9500 and have been experiencing some issues with it.When I first unboxed it, I was met with a headphone jack that wouldn't work unless I reset a driver every time I restarted, or put to sleep my computer, or unplugged my...
  4. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?: I had this laptop for a few years already. Not long ago, when i was playing online poker, that is what I do mostly on it, I notice there was like a stuttering sound and when this happens, my 2 monitors connected to laptop stutters with the sound and many times even closes the...
  5. Dell introduces redesigned XPS 15 and XPS 17

in Windows 10 News
    Dell introduces redesigned XPS 15 and XPS 17: [ATTACH] Dell’s family of XPS laptops If you’re in the market for a new PC, take note: Dell has announced new devices that deliver larger screens, long battery life and enough power to stream your favorite shows, edit photos for Instagram, render 4K...
  6. Dell XPS 15 Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell XPS 15 Problems: Dell XPS 15 Windows 10 problem(s) So I have a Dell XPS 15 with Windows 10 that is just over 1.5 years old. Issues have started to rack up over the last 3 or so months (things like any microphone from any headset/earbuds not being detected, my Realtek Audio not showing up at...
  7. 2019 XPS 15 Backlighting

in Windows 10 Customization
    2019 XPS 15 Backlighting: I downloaded the file from Dell to control the backlight settings. Although when I set them for whatever period of time I want, it works fine until I reboot the computer. Then it defaults back to the 15 second period. Any way to make it more permanent?...
  8. Display colour and contrast on Dell XPS 15 (2019)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display colour and contrast on Dell XPS 15 (2019): Is there any way to adjust the colour saturation and contrast of the display on the Dell XPS15 (2019)? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-colour-and-contrast-on-dell-xps-15-2019/7d849599-944a-45e0-ae08-c55166bb8db1
  9. Blue Screen at Dell Xps 15

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen at Dell Xps 15: i constantly get into blue screen problems since i purchased my dell xps 15. i tried every possible way to fix it but nothing worked. Anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-at-dell-xps-15/7e85e783-346b-4527-9245-4382962d8a10
  10. Wifi issues with Dell XPS 13

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi issues with Dell XPS 13: Hello, my problem is I could connect to wifi for a very few minutes and then the yellow triangle sign started to appear. After that, I tried to connect to other networks but no network option found. I went to Settings, and my laptop froze when I pressed “Network..”. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell xps 15 killer wifi issues

2. dell xps 13 2019 slow wifi speeds

3. dell xps 15 pci bus 3 code 28

4. wifi speed del xps 15 2019,
  5. dell xps 15 wifi speed