Windows 10: Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working

Discus and support Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Community! I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a brand new Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop running Windows 10. The internal microphone doesn't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Souperdave816, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working

Hi Community!

I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a brand new Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop running Windows 10. The internal microphone doesn't work. Since I have to do all my work from home, I had to buy an external microphone and it works just fine.

I've spent at least 30 hours dealing with Dell technical support. They've even sent a technician out to swap out the LCD unit which has the webcam and internal microphone built in. That didn't work.

My sound is fine, it's just the microphone that doesn't work. Dell is pretty much giving up on trying to help me, blaming some sort of software issues with Windows or something.

The RealTek drivers are up to date and the MaxxAudio program is also installed. Can anyone provide some direction?

Thanks!

Dave

:)

Souperdave816, Nov 17, 2020
  2. FSM2020FN Win User

Flight Simulator on Dell XPS 15 7590

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 15 7590 with i9-9980HK, GeForce GTX 1650.

1. Is this good enough to play MS Flight Sim 2020?
    2. Would I be able to get any real advantage by using an eGPU (RTX 2080 Ti) or is it better to upgrade to a gaming desktop?
    3. When the VR support is available with the HP Reverb G2, will my current GPU (GTX 1650) be able to support it?

FSM2020FN, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Alex878914, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working

Colours too saturated on new XPS 15 7590

I recently (3 days ago) received my new purchased Dell XPS 15 7590, and I find its colors to be much too saturated.

Being a graphic designer, I can't use it for work since colors on my device aren't reflective of industry standards and what other devices see.

I've looked into it and tried playing around with Color Management settings, but nothing's helped.

Anyone know what to do?

Fred Amdur, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working

1. Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working - Similar Threads - Dell XPS 7590

2. Dell XPS 7590 integrated Webcam not working in windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 7590 integrated Webcam not working in windows.: I can't get the webcam to work On XPS 7590 under windows. It doesn't show up in device manager nor in any webcam software/skype, but it is working perfectly fine in Ubuntu live USB. It can't be a hardware issue. My windows version is 20H2 (Build 19042.985). Any help in this...
  3. Flight Simulator on Dell XPS 15 7590

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator on Dell XPS 15 7590: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 15 7590 with i9-9980HK, GeForce GTX 1650. Is this good enough to play MS Flight Sim 2020? Would I be able to get any real advantage by using an eGPU RTX 2080 Ti or is it better to upgrade to a gaming desktop? When the VR support is available with the...
  4. XPS 15 7590 Windows 10 Laptop will NOT turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    XPS 15 7590 Windows 10 Laptop will NOT turn on: About a week ago, I was on my XPS 15 Laptop and I had to do something real quick so I closed the cover. I went back to open my laptop 15 minutes later. However, when I did that, it looked like it had been turned off. It would not turn on when i pressed the power button for a...
  5. Intermittent Network Disconnections - Dell XPS 15 7590 - Killer AX1650 - Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent Network Disconnections - Dell XPS 15 7590 - Killer AX1650 - Windows 10 Home: Hello all, I have been having intermittent network issues on my laptop for about a month and while I usually wouldn't post a question, I seem to have come to a dead end in terms of my technical support knowledge. It is a bit of an interesting scenario, at least to me, so I...
  6. Intermittent but Regular Network Disconnections - Dell XPS 15 7590 - Killer AX1650 -...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent but Regular Network Disconnections - Dell XPS 15 7590 - Killer AX1650 -...: Hello all, I have been having intermittent network issues on my laptop for about a month and while I usually wouldn't post a question, I seem to have come to a dead end in terms of my technical support knowledge. It is a bit of an interesting scenario, at least to me, so I...
  7. Colours too saturated on new XPS 15 7590

Colours too saturated on new XPS 15 7590: I recently 3 days ago received my new purchased Dell XPS 15 7590, and I find its colors to be much too saturated. Being a graphic designer, I can't use it for work since colors on my device aren't reflective of industry standards and what other devices see. I've looked...
  8. Dell XPS 15 Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell XPS 15 Problems: Dell XPS 15 Windows 10 problem(s) So I have a Dell XPS 15 with Windows 10 that is just over 1.5 years old. Issues have started to rack up over the last 3 or so months (things like any microphone from any headset/earbuds not being detected, my Realtek Audio not showing up at...
  9. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement: Dell does not sell it. Contacted them many times and they haven't had it in years and read online others say the same unless you had warranty. I checked online and there is a site called laptopbatteryexpress that seem to have excellent reviews. You can buy a battery for the...
  10. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement: Dell does not sell it. Contacted them many times and they haven't had it in years and read online others say the same unless you had warranty. I checked online and there is a site called laptopbatteryexpress that seem to have excellent reviews. You can buy a battery for the...