Windows 10: Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Right Clicks, Cannot Click On Items

Discus and support Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Right Clicks, Cannot Click On Items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, im having a ton of issues right now with my xps 15 9550. So recently, i notice whenever i had to turn off or turn on my computer, a few times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulyjustin, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Right Clicks, Cannot Click On Items

Hey all, im having a ton of issues right now with my xps 15 9550. So recently, i notice whenever i had to turn off or turn on my computer, a few times after i entered my bitlocker password etc, i notice there was a windows update which i was not aware of and it showed it right when i was either turning off or on it. Happened 2 times just earlier today and yesterday i believe. But it was real quick before it turned on or off computer. Well whenever there is windows update, i let it do its thing and then my computer is on fine without an issue.

Right now i turned on my laptop, entered my bitlocker password, then it was downloading windows update, then i had to enter my password again but then i logged in. Then i notice... it keeps on right clicking. My mouse has no issues at all... then i tried the trackpad and i think this might be a trackpad issue? I would use my mouse and when it right clicks, i would then left click it. Then there is no right clicking for a bit.. then it starts doing it again. The issue now is after this, i can't even click on anything like the chrome tabs i have at the bottom. Its like you cant even click on it most of the time. Then i notice when i try to click on icons on my desktop or my documents, it doesn't work and when i tried to delete a document by highlighting it and press delete, it would not delete it, it would right click it sometimes. Then when i got a document deleted... i went to recycle bin but i cant even click on it. Basically i cant even click on most of the things on my desktop at all. So the only way i can restart or shutdown is click the windows logo on my keyboard... then use the left right buttons on keyboard to restart or shutdown.

Does anyone know why im having these issues? Anyone had these same issues with their 9550 previously? I basically can't click on any program etc and do anything on it. Is this a trackpad issue? I will also say that i have a 232gb ssd and now there is around 20gb only available. Could this trigger it because i only have 20gb of space left and my storage is low? Do i need to immediately delete programs off my computer so this could solve the issue? It does show the storage as red so to speak when its below a certain storage and i believe a computer could have issues when storage is low right. Did the windows update possibly caused this? Could i system restore it to an earlier time or something like that when i didnt have these problems? I just have these programs right now when i turned on my xps 15 9550.

Im concerned about this because my last laptop a while back was a sager laptop... it had that same issue with the mouse clicking. Eventually one day... while i was busy doing my thing and using lot of cpu and ram which i always do but my laptop had 8gb ram and a quad core processor so it handles it it suddenly turned off and when i went to repair shop, they said they can't fix it. I had to go back to the US to get a new laptop and when I did go back to the US and went to repair shop I was told the laptop can't be repaired.

Then i got this xps 15 9550. But with my xps 15 9550 as long as i had it, over 2.5 years, i had some issues previously a while back where laptop turns on but nothing loads... but eventually the issue somehow got fixed. So basically i have had very few issues with it at all. Now... this issue concerns me because it keeps on right clicking and I can't click on anything most of the time.

Does anyone have any tips on what i can do now? Would i have to go to repairshop for them to take a look at this? Could it be something with the touchpad as the most likely culprit? If it is the touchpad, would it be simple for a repair shop to open my laptop up and fix it very quickly? My issue here is im in another country now and they don't have parts for my xps 15 9550. Last time, i had to go back to the US to get a new laptop.

I'm typing this from another computer at the moment that i have.

Thanks.

:)

paulyjustin, Jul 10, 2019

2. Blue Screen at Dell Xps 15

my laptop is dell xps 15 9550

ThuyNguyen_1610, Jul 10, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start

Perform the following steps:

1) Update the specs in the "My Computer" section:

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums | Windows 10 Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, USB wireless network card, etc.)

2) Run the Dell diagnostics and post the results into the thread:
    Support for XPS 15 9550 | Diagnostics | Dell US

3) Run the BETA log collector and post a zip into this thread:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    There are two log collectors: DM and BETA
    At some time the beta will replace the DM log collector.
    On the bottom of the webpage is the link for the beta log collector.
    (extract > open)

4) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    6) sfc /scannow
    7) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    8) chkdsk /scan
    9) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

zbook, Jul 10, 2019
  4. EdTittel Win User

Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Right Clicks, Cannot Click On Items

Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start

If it gets to the logo, but no further that means the boot process gets far enough into the UEFI or BIOS pre boot to show the logo. Obviously, there is some difficulty in going further, when the UEFI or BIOS seeks to pass control to the boot drive. If you're in luck, something is wrong with your boot configuration or the underlying boot configuration data (easily repaired).

I hope you have access to another computer or you already have a USB recovery drive at your disposal. You must either find or build one, then try to boot your PC to that alternate media. Here's a link to a tutorial at NoteBookReview.com for your specific PC that should give you some good ideas on how to proceed: [TUTORIAL] XPS 15 9550/9550 BIOS Advanced Options | NotebookReview

If you can't get into the BIOS, you can't boot into alternate media, and you can't repair your PC yourself. Then, alas, it's time for a trip to the repair shop (or a warranty call to Dell, if your PC is still covered).

Best of luck in moving forward with this, and HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Right Clicks, Cannot Click On Items

1. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Right Clicks, Cannot Click On Items - Similar Threads - Dell XPS 9550

2. Drag and right click not working on Dell XPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and right click not working on Dell XPS: Bought a Dell XPS 9305 about 18 months agoRecently been having problems with the touchpad/mouseintermittently the touchpad and mouse completely stop workingWhen this happens, I am able to get the touchpad and left mouse button to work again by updating the driver or...
  3. Drag and right click not working on Dell XPS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and right click not working on Dell XPS: Bought a Dell XPS 9305 about 18 months agoRecently been having problems with the touchpad/mouseintermittently the touchpad and mouse completely stop workingWhen this happens, I am able to get the touchpad and left mouse button to work again by updating the driver or...
  4. Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?: Hey all. I posted this a while back but did not get a new battery nor get a new computer. My laptop battery is now 2.5 years and about 92% worn out. I had bought a replacement for it 2.5 years ago when the originally battery lasted for 1.5 years. So I mentioned I play online...
  5. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?: I had this laptop for a few years already. Not long ago, when i was playing online poker, that is what I do mostly on it, I notice there was like a stuttering sound and when this happens, my 2 monitors connected to laptop stutters with the sound and many times even closes the...
  6. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?: I had this laptop for a few years already. Not long ago, when i was playing online poker, that is what I do mostly on it, I notice there was like a stuttering sound and when this happens, my 2 monitors connected to laptop stutters with the sound and many times even closes the...
  7. Dell XPS 15 9550 Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Keeps Crashing: I just bought this dell xps 15 9550 second hand about a week ago and it seems to crash each time i use it for over a couple of hours, blue screen saying your pc ran into a problem, 0% and then restarts immediately with no major issues. Initially thought it was because it was...
  8. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start: NewHey all would like advice on this as i'm freaking out. I turned on my dell xps today and when i do, i get that dell logo and then nothing happens, it stays on that logo. I then powered it off and turned it on again few times... same thing, does not load. I have had this...
  9. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD in Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD in Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop: So I'm getting these random BSOD's in my new Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop with its SSD replaced with an M.2 Samsung 950 Pro 512GB SSD. The weird thing is that when it BSOD's, it's stuck at 0% in the dump process. What I did was to reformat the whole system, installed Windows 10...
  10. Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550

Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550: As the title says, I'm getting a bunch of critical process died errors, usually within 30-60 minutes of booting up a game. Sometimes it happens within 15 minutes, and sometimes it's not connected to gaming at all. Would greatly appreciate any help! 35684

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xps 15 touchpad wont click