Windows 10: Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?

Discus and support Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had this laptop for a few years already. Not long ago, when i was playing online poker, that is what I do mostly on it, I notice there was like a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paulyjustin, May 24, 2020.

1. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?

I had this laptop for a few years already. Not long ago, when i was playing online poker, that is what I do mostly on it, I notice there was like a stuttering sound and when this happens, my 2 monitors connected to laptop stutters with the sound and many times even closes the program.

But I notice when i play youtube videos, this happens as well.

I saw a video on youtube where someone mentioned this issue a while back where the issue is like this sound around the 12 second part. Now the thing is the stuttering that I have, it usually a few seconds at least and not just one second like on this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiPRtXi1XnA

My concern at first was... is it because my laptop is not that fast and im doing a lot of things on it?

I5-6300HQ processor
    8gb ram

Also everytime when i log into my windows 10 pro computer after putting in my bitlocker pin and windows password and log in... i always keep getting the same message with aero glass for win8.1+ not compatible. I had this message for years and never did anything about it, i just click close and do my thing. Now could this have anything to do with this? I ask this because once when my laptop had the stuttering issue when i was playing poker, not only did my poker program closed, but it then got to the same win8.1 not compatible error message that i see on the screen... which i only get everytime i start my laptop.

Now does anyone know what is this issue called? Is it studdering or latency? Now is there risk of damage to laptop when this sound happens? It has happened a few days daily and it freaks me out.

- - - Updated - - -

In the youtube video, it say to remove 2 programs with Dellassist and that solves the issue. When i check my programs, i don't see Dellassist anywhere though. So what do i do here? Also recently i had to do a windows update as i saw that message when it say you need to do a windows update. Could that have anythign to do with this?

:)

paulyjustin, May 24, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?

Try Google:

Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues? [​IMG]

Concerned about its safety? Search the forum for
    Latencymon
    and you will find many have used it.

However it's not directly diagnostic.

Aeroglass:
    a. You could simply uninstall it and dispose of your concerns that way.
    b. The latest version does NOT now work after the most recent updates to 1903 and 1909. I have my 1903 build at 18362.720 - the most recent build of 1903 that works with Aeroglass.
    Therefore Aeroglass will not provide transparency with your build at present.

I started a thread there in MSFN about it- others find exactly the same.

A fix has been posted in the thread I started by other users.
    KB4549951 18362.778 broke Aeroglass - Aero Glass For Windows 8+ - MSFN

c. Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version.
    Aero Glass for Win8+

I used 'reverse' as I didn't know if you were referring to an update or a feature update.

Updates:
    Uninstall using this:

Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues? [​IMG]

dalchina, May 24, 2020
  3. Blue Screen at Dell Xps 15

my laptop is dell xps 15 9550

ThuyNguyen_1610, May 24, 2020
  4. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?

I had this laptop for a few years already. Not long ago, when i was playing online poker, that is what I do mostly on it, I notice there was like a stuttering sound and when this happens, my 2 monitors connected to laptop stutters with the sound and many times even closes the program.

But I notice when i play youtube videos, this happens as well.

I saw a video on youtube where someone mentioned this issue a while back where the issue is like this sound around the 12 second part. Now the thing is the stuttering that I have, it usually a few seconds at least and not just one second like on this video.

My concern at first was... is it because my laptop is not that fast and im doing a lot of things on it?

I5-6300HQ processor
    8gb ram

Also everytime when i log into my windows 10 pro computer after putting in my bitlocker pin and windows password and log in... i always keep getting the same message with aero glass for win8.1+ not compatible. I had this message for years and never did anything about it, i just click close and do my thing. Now could this have anything to do with this? I ask this because once when my laptop had the stuttering issue when i was playing poker, not only did my poker program closed, but it then got to the same win8.1 not compatible error message that i see on the screen... which i only get everytime i start my laptop.

Now does anyone know what is this issue called? Is it studdering or latency? Now is there risk of damage to laptop when this sound happens? It has happened a few days daily and it freaks me out.

- - - Updated - - -

In the youtube video, it say to remove 2 programs with Dellassist and that solves the issue. When i check my programs, i don't see Dellassist anywhere though. So what do i do here? Also recently i had to do a windows update as i saw that message when it say you need to do a windows update. Could that have anythign to do with this?

paulyjustin, May 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues? - Similar Threads - Dell XPS 9550

2. Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?: Hey all. I posted this a while back but did not get a new battery nor get a new computer. My laptop battery is now 2.5 years and about 92% worn out. I had bought a replacement for it 2.5 years ago when the originally battery lasted for 1.5 years. So I mentioned I play online...
  3. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?: I had this laptop for a few years already. Not long ago, when i was playing online poker, that is what I do mostly on it, I notice there was like a stuttering sound and when this happens, my 2 monitors connected to laptop stutters with the sound and many times even closes the...
  4. Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock: Greetings I am having difficulty with Windows 10 not recognizing my thunderbolt dock from a cold start. Here are the hardware/OS details: XPS 9550 TB16 Thunderbolt Dock Windows 10 Pro 1903 18362.388 I have 2 Windows 10 installations. An OEM that came with the machine and a...
  5. Dell XPS 15 9550 Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Keeps Crashing: I just bought this dell xps 15 9550 second hand about a week ago and it seems to crash each time i use it for over a couple of hours, blue screen saying your pc ran into a problem, 0% and then restarts immediately with no major issues. Initially thought it was because it was...
  6. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Right Clicks, Cannot Click On Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Right Clicks, Cannot Click On Items: Hey all, im having a ton of issues right now with my xps 15 9550. So recently, i notice whenever i had to turn off or turn on my computer, a few times after i entered my bitlocker password etc, i notice there was a windows update which i was not aware of and it showed it...
  7. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start: NewHey all would like advice on this as i'm freaking out. I turned on my dell xps today and when i do, i get that dell logo and then nothing happens, it stays on that logo. I then powered it off and turned it on again few times... same thing, does not load. I have had this...
  8. XPS 15 9550 BSOD Extravaganza

XPS 15 9550 BSOD Extravaganza: I so wanted to give this thread a better title but I just cannot for the life of me determine exactly what's going on. It started happening several days ago. At first it seemed related to whether or not I was on wireless, but that theory got debunked. Sometimes it happens...
  9. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD in Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD in Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop: So I'm getting these random BSOD's in my new Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop with its SSD replaced with an M.2 Samsung 950 Pro 512GB SSD. The weird thing is that when it BSOD's, it's stuck at 0% in the dump process. What I did was to reformat the whole system, installed Windows 10...
  10. Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550

Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550: As the title says, I'm getting a bunch of critical process died errors, usually within 30-60 minutes of booting up a game. Sometimes it happens within 15 minutes, and sometimes it's not connected to gaming at all. Would greatly appreciate any help! 35684