Windows 10: Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start

Discus and support Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; NewHey all would like advice on this as i'm freaking out. I turned on my dell xps today and when i do, i get that dell logo and then nothing happens,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulyjustin, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start

NewHey all would like advice on this as i'm freaking out.

I turned on my dell xps today and when i do, i get that dell logo and then nothing happens, it stays on that logo. I then powered it off and turned it on again few times... same thing, does not load. I have had this happen few times but when it does, it is just one time and then i power it off and power it on and it works.

Can someone please tell me what i can do here? I'm freaking out right now because i have lot of things on this laptop and i didn't back it up. If it does show the dell logo and power on, does that mean there is a solution to this?

:)

paulyjustin, Sep 19, 2018
  2. ailbts Win User

Dell XPS 15 9550 OS gone/not found, help reinstalling Windows 10?

• Dell XPS 15 9550
    • Dell hasn't replied all day so there's been no progress and I'm still stuck at wondering how to install Windows 10 via USB drive or if there's another solution.

I don't have a disk drive so the only way to reinstall the OS is via USB drive, which has been unsuccessful because Dell simply said "install Windows 10" and nothing more so I went as far as I could without having everything blow up. My hard drive and everything
    else passed the diagnostic test 3 times.

ailbts, Sep 19, 2018
  3. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD in Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop

So I'm getting these random BSOD's in my new Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop with its SSD replaced with an M.2 Samsung 950 Pro 512GB SSD. The weird thing is that when it BSOD's, it's stuck at 0% in the dump process. What I did was to reformat the whole system, installed Windows 10 Home again, updated all drivers especially the "Samsung NVMe controller driver" as this seems to be the cause of the issue according to some forum that I read.

After doing all this, I thought I already solved the problem when it BSOD'ed again with the same error code a few minutes ago. But this time the dump process completed to 100% so I already have minidump and memory.dmp files. Please attached collected log file.

Attachment 97537

kevindd992002, Sep 19, 2018
  4. RayHee Win User

Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start

My XPS 15 9550 shows it is XPS 8700 under 'view your PC name'

Hi Shenan,

Our dell is unreachable due to weekend, thus i still yet to get in touch with them. I have no problem with the hardware but system crashed and blue screen appear. thereafter i decided to go for resetting my PC. I think under the "view your PC name", there
    is a section that show your laptop/PC model number. After the resetting, i realized that the model is not correct and XPS 8700 is a desktop version, while mine is laptop, which the model is XPS 15 9550.

RayHee, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start

1. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start - Similar Threads - Dell XPS 9550

2. Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?: Hey all. I posted this a while back but did not get a new battery nor get a new computer. My laptop battery is now 2.5 years and about 92% worn out. I had bought a replacement for it 2.5 years ago when the originally battery lasted for 1.5 years. So I mentioned I play online...
  3. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?: I had this laptop for a few years already. Not long ago, when i was playing online poker, that is what I do mostly on it, I notice there was like a stuttering sound and when this happens, my 2 monitors connected to laptop stutters with the sound and many times even closes the...
  4. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?: I had this laptop for a few years already. Not long ago, when i was playing online poker, that is what I do mostly on it, I notice there was like a stuttering sound and when this happens, my 2 monitors connected to laptop stutters with the sound and many times even closes the...
  5. Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock: Greetings I am having difficulty with Windows 10 not recognizing my thunderbolt dock from a cold start. Here are the hardware/OS details: XPS 9550 TB16 Thunderbolt Dock Windows 10 Pro 1903 18362.388 I have 2 Windows 10 installations. An OEM that came with the machine and a...
  6. Dell XPS 15 9550 Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Keeps Crashing: I just bought this dell xps 15 9550 second hand about a week ago and it seems to crash each time i use it for over a couple of hours, blue screen saying your pc ran into a problem, 0% and then restarts immediately with no major issues. Initially thought it was because it was...
  7. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Right Clicks, Cannot Click On Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Right Clicks, Cannot Click On Items: Hey all, im having a ton of issues right now with my xps 15 9550. So recently, i notice whenever i had to turn off or turn on my computer, a few times after i entered my bitlocker password etc, i notice there was a windows update which i was not aware of and it showed it...
  8. XPS 15 9550 BSOD Extravaganza

XPS 15 9550 BSOD Extravaganza: I so wanted to give this thread a better title but I just cannot for the life of me determine exactly what's going on. It started happening several days ago. At first it seemed related to whether or not I was on wireless, but that theory got debunked. Sometimes it happens...
  9. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD in Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD in Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop: So I'm getting these random BSOD's in my new Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop with its SSD replaced with an M.2 Samsung 950 Pro 512GB SSD. The weird thing is that when it BSOD's, it's stuck at 0% in the dump process. What I did was to reformat the whole system, installed Windows 10...
  10. Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550

Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550: As the title says, I'm getting a bunch of critical process died errors, usually within 30-60 minutes of booting up a game. Sometimes it happens within 15 minutes, and sometimes it's not connected to gaming at all. Would greatly appreciate any help! 35684

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell xps 15 wont start after a while

2. dell xps 15 dell start up showing but nothing after

3. turn on dell xps 15

4. dell xps 15 9550 wont turn on,
  5. dell xps 15 cannot start pc without shutting down first,
  6. dell xps not getting turned on without opening the laptop,
  7. dell xps 9550 needs several attempts to boot,
  8. xps wont start,
  9. my xps 15 wont start,
  10. dell xps 15 cannot start