Windows 10: Dell XPS 15 Color Calibration and USB Disk Eject

Discus and support Dell XPS 15 Color Calibration and USB Disk Eject in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all! I have just switched from a MacBook to a Dell XPS 15 7590 with Windows 10 and although I can say I like the machine, I feel I have spent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JacopoL, Aug 15, 2020.

1. JacopoL Win User

Dell XPS 15 Color Calibration and USB Disk Eject

Hello all!

I have just switched from a MacBook to a Dell XPS 15 7590 with Windows 10 and although I can say I like the machine, I feel I have spent more time trying to figure out how to make it work rather than using it.

I am writing because of two issues:

1. Color calibration: I am a photographer, so this is important for me. I have calibrated my UHD screen several times with i1Profiler and a i1Display device, using either D65 or 6000K as a white point, but still, my whites tend to look greenish and the contrast on the screen is pretty high, any suggestions? Also, if I try switching between profiles in the "Display" settings to see the difference, I can revert back to the original device profile but then if I select the one I made I see no visible change. Even if I go in the "Color Management" app I can cycle through the different profiles that are installed but I see no difference on my screen. How can I be sure of what profile I am using?

2. Ejecting an external hard drive: I have a large external hard drive which is formatted in MacOs Journaled, so I purchased a copy of MacDrive to be able to use it, and it's working fine. When I try to eject it, however, Windows tells me the disk is in use even if there are no apps running. I've seen solutions saying I should update drivers but mine seem to be the latest generation, and I also am not sure if the MacDrive program has something to do with this. Again, any suggestions?

I use Lightroom regularly and although the detail on the screen is great it does seem to run a little slow with the 4K display. Any extra suggestions on how to make it run faster are welcome!

Thanks for reading this far

:)

JacopoL, Aug 15, 2020
  2. Roan T Win User

Color Calibration

Hi,

To resolve your issue, you can try the steps below to restore
    the color calibration to default:

• Type
      color management in the search box, and then select
      Color Management.

• Click the
      Advancedtab, then click
      Change system defaults.

• Login with a user account that has administrative privileges to make the changes.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Patrick Win User
    Color Calibration of two Dell U2415 monitors - both too yellow?

I just received two Dell UltraSharp 24 U2415 monitors, which proudly boast "Award winning monitor with unbeatable color".

I am hooking these two up to a single laptop, an ASUS GL551K running Windows 10. One of them is via the provided Mini DisplayPort cable, the other through an HDMI cable to HDMI input on the monitor.

The problem is they both look bad. The whites are yellow, and as someone who stares at a sea of code all day, none of the colors look familiar.

They look fine on the laptop, nice bright whites, but both of the Dells are no good. I hooked it up to a Mac and it looks a lot better on that side.

To make a long story short, I have tried all of the following, and am unable to get a pure "white" color on either of these two monitors:

• Use in-monitor menu system to reset every option back to "factory defaults"
    • Went into Color Calibration in Windows 10 and remove any pre-set profiles there, whether my own or Dell's
      • Ran monitor calibration, and it looks fine for gamma, contrast, and gray
      • Manually adjusted the RGB sliders to attempt to get a whiter white, but as close as I can get, it is not white. It looks like faded paper.

I highly doubt that I could get delivered two top-selling 24" monitors and both of them have a problem, so I'd just like to know how to adjust this. I went through other tutorials step-by-step, and so far, no luck.

I understand there are a whole host of "taking a photo of screens" when it comes to color calibration, but this is what I see ... close enough, anyway:

Dell XPS 15 Color Calibration and USB Disk Eject JEByq.jpg

Thanks!

Patrick, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Dell XPS 15 Color Calibration and USB Disk Eject

Color Calibration...Windows 10

3/18/17

Hello everyone;

Wondering if someone can help me..

I'm trying to calibrate the color of my Toshiba 15" lap top..running Windows 10..

I'm using the installed windows 10 color calibration utility...

It says to move the calibration screen over the screen you wise to calibrate..

Then hit next...

When I do an error comes up stating, "Cannot calibrate, screen is mirrored. try to un-mirror or go to a different screen..

I've tried at least six different screens with the same results..

Any suggestions..

Best regards..

Michael

Waterbury, Ct.

Michael Gatta, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Dell XPS 15 Color Calibration and USB Disk Eject

1. Dell XPS 15 Color Calibration and USB Disk Eject - Similar Threads - Dell XPS Color

2. Flight Simulator on Dell XPS 15 7590

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator on Dell XPS 15 7590: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 15 7590 with i9-9980HK, GeForce GTX 1650. Is this good enough to play MS Flight Sim 2020? Would I be able to get any real advantage by using an eGPU RTX 2080 Ti or is it better to upgrade to a gaming desktop? When the VR support is available with the...
  3. Dell introduces redesigned XPS 15 and XPS 17

in Windows 10 News
    Dell introduces redesigned XPS 15 and XPS 17: [ATTACH] Dell’s family of XPS laptops If you’re in the market for a new PC, take note: Dell has announced new devices that deliver larger screens, long battery life and enough power to stream your favorite shows, edit photos for Instagram, render 4K...
  4. Dell XPS 15 Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell XPS 15 Problems: Dell XPS 15 Windows 10 problem(s) So I have a Dell XPS 15 with Windows 10 that is just over 1.5 years old. Issues have started to rack up over the last 3 or so months (things like any microphone from any headset/earbuds not being detected, my Realtek Audio not showing up at...
  5. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement: Dell does not sell it. Contacted them many times and they haven't had it in years and read online others say the same unless you had warranty. I checked online and there is a site called laptopbatteryexpress that seem to have excellent reviews. You can buy a battery for the...
  6. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement: Dell does not sell it. Contacted them many times and they haven't had it in years and read online others say the same unless you had warranty. I checked online and there is a site called laptopbatteryexpress that seem to have excellent reviews. You can buy a battery for the...
  7. Dell XPS 15 9550 Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Keeps Crashing: I just bought this dell xps 15 9550 second hand about a week ago and it seems to crash each time i use it for over a couple of hours, blue screen saying your pc ran into a problem, 0% and then restarts immediately with no major issues. Initially thought it was because it was...
  8. Blue Screen at Dell Xps 15

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen at Dell Xps 15: i constantly get into blue screen problems since i purchased my dell xps 15. i tried every possible way to fix it but nothing worked. Anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-at-dell-xps-15/7e85e783-346b-4527-9245-4382962d8a10
  9. Windows 10 won't let me calibrate HDR settings -- New Dell XPS 15

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't let me calibrate HDR settings -- New Dell XPS 15: I am trying to calibrate my HDR settings for my XPS 15. Windows 10 will not let me, though. I simply cannot move the calibration bar. I click and drag but nothing happens. Here is a screenshot. The calibration bar is at the bottom. How can I fix this so that I am allowed to...
  10. Dell XPS 15 L502X upgrade experience?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 L502X upgrade experience?: I have a Dell XPS 15 L502X running windows 8.1 Pro. Dell's official drivers page says the laptop is not tested for windows 10 upgrade (Product Support | Dell US ). So is anybody out there who has upgraded to windows 10? Are you facing any driver issues or any other...