Windows 10: Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

Discus and support Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dell does not sell it. Contacted them many times and they haven't had it in years and read online others say the same unless you had warranty. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulyjustin, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

Dell does not sell it. Contacted them many times and they haven't had it in years and read online others say the same unless you had warranty.

I checked online and there is a site called laptopbatteryexpress that seem to have excellent reviews. You can buy a battery for the xps 15 9550 for like 120 or 130 dollars depending on if you want the 84wh or the 97wh.

I did check old reviews from other sites a long time ago and someone mentioned in a mac forum that said uses garbage batteries like on ebay but charge retail prices. But when i check google and reviews, i see a ton of excellent reviews. Does anyone have opinion on this site? So from reading the site, these batteries are not geniune from dell but they are made by them... correct? But reviews seem to be superb. Has anyone bought any batteries from them and can give opinion? Price is pretty average i say... but how does it work?

- - - Updated - - -

I found 2 sites that seem to sell xps 15 9550 batteries. The first one is authentic as i believe lot of people mentioned this site earlier. It cost 150 dollars but it is genuine. They seem to have the 56wh and 84wh but the 56wh is not available now.

New Dell OEM Original XPS 15 9550 Precision Battery 4GVGH

Does anyone know about laptopbatteryexpress? These don't seem to be authentic and seem to show made in samsung and shipped here. So are these very good but not premium? But they are selling at pretty close to retail prices so this is pretty good as well?

Battery for Dell Precision 15-5510xt extended run battery

Battery for Dell Precision 15-5510xt extended run battery (84 Whr)

Now the big question i have is this. Does the xps 15 9550 allow a 97wh battery or not? Parts-people does not have a 97wh and doesn't ever have it. But laptopbatteryexpress has the 56wh, 84wh and even 97wh.

Can anyone here confirm the 97wh works for the xps 15 9550? Because i certainly wouldn't mind getting the 97wh over the 84wh if it cost a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

I checked ebay and these are 2 sellers that have very good feedback overall. Lot of other sellers are selling this battery for like under 60 dollars and 50 and have not that great feedback so i avoid them.
    NEW GENUINE DELL XPS 15 9550 Precision 5510 Laptop Battery 11.1V 84Wh 4GVGH | eBay

NEW AUTHENTIC ORIGINAL DELL XPS 15 9550 Laptop Battery 11.4V 84Wh 1P6KD 4GVGH | eBay

NEW ORIGINAL Battery-Dell PRE-M5530-M5520 XPS15 9570 -9560 97wh 5XJ28 6GTPY | eBay

But thoughts on this? I'm a little surprised the 2nd seller is selling the 84wg battery for only 65 dollars. That seems really low but not super low. He has tons of customers. But none of these sellers on ebay are selling original authentic batteries right?

Thus not even the laptopbattery site i posted earlier since they say they get it from korea where samsung makes it. So theres only 1 place that has authentic dell batteries and it's parts-people?

Is it risky using these 3rd party batteries? This laptop has lot of ppl complaining about battery swelling. I never had this issue though with my original battery or a replacement one i bought from ebay 1.5 years ago but the person i bought it from, they had perfect feedback and charged a lot more for it... so i know its most likely legit.

:)

paulyjustin, Oct 4, 2019

2. Replacing SSD In Dell XPS Laptop And Windows 10 Pro Installation?

Laptop is

dell xps 15 9550
    i5-6300hq processor
    8gb ram
    250gb ssd
    32gb m.2 ssd
    3 cell 56wh battery

I bought this laptop brand new few years ago on ebay not knowing that having a 2nd hard drive meant i get the 3 cell smaller battery. It also came with a regular 7200 rpm hard drive but i replaced it with an old samsung 250gb ssd of mine. I have used this laptop for over 2.5 years already.

I have bought a battery replacement for it 1 time... got it off ebay and that battery has been working fine for a bit less than 1.5 years. The old original battery basically went bad as it went out after 10 minutes or so. As of now, battery is still okay though there is wear in it. For example, whenever i turn on my laptop and say my charger is not plugged in... it shows around 92% battery and shows like 14 minute to fully charge. This is assuming i turn on my laptop without having it plugged in at the start. I always have my laptop charged to an outlet as i use my laptop inside my apartment pretty much close to 100%. So i know my battery has some wear because of this. And i get around 1h15m to 1h30m on the battery.

My laptop has had a few issues a while back like it being on the dell logo a few times and not loading etc. But this was a while back. But what laptop never has issues correct? Has anyone here never had a single issue with their xps 15 9550 such as it never froze on the dell logo screen or something like this? I assume not possible right?

paulyjustin, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Blue Screen at Dell Xps 15

my laptop is dell xps 15 9550

ThuyNguyen_1610, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Juntao Win User

Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

Laptop battery issue

Hey everyone! I have an old dell laptop with a pentium 2 and 64MB of ram. Real powerful(lol). It is running 98. The old battery had died and purchased a generic replacement supposedly for that model. The numbers match and all. The problem is the notebook will not recognize the battery. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. It is just for notes and stuff.

Juntao, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

1. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement - Similar Threads - Dell XPS Laptop

2. Maximum level of battery in dell xps 15 9530

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum level of battery in dell xps 15 9530: Is it possible to set the maximum level of battery during the charging in the Dell XPS 15 9530?If yes how can I set the limit?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximum-level-of-battery-in-dell-xps-15-9530/c7d66be2-4bc5-4fd0-ad37-70718e41b94a
  3. Maximum level of battery in dell xps 15 9530

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maximum level of battery in dell xps 15 9530: Is it possible to set the maximum level of battery during the charging in the Dell XPS 15 9530?If yes how can I set the limit?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximum-level-of-battery-in-dell-xps-15-9530/c7d66be2-4bc5-4fd0-ad37-70718e41b94a
  4. Insane Battery discharge rate on Dell XPS 15 9500

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Insane Battery discharge rate on Dell XPS 15 9500: Hi all,I'm facing a very weird issue with Dell XPS 15 9500 with battery discharge. When I got my laptop, the battery backup was perfect close to 10 hours but after 2-3 months of use, it came down to just 2-3 hours. I researched a lot on driver updates, BIOS updates, Dell...
  5. Insane Battery discharge rate on Dell XPS 15 9500

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insane Battery discharge rate on Dell XPS 15 9500: Hi all,I'm facing a very weird issue with Dell XPS 15 9500 with battery discharge. When I got my laptop, the battery backup was perfect close to 10 hours but after 2-3 months of use, it came down to just 2-3 hours. I researched a lot on driver updates, BIOS updates, Dell...
  6. Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working: Hi Community! I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a brand new Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop running Windows 10. The internal microphone doesn't work. Since I have to do all my work from home, I had to buy an external microphone and it works just fine. I've spent at least 30...
  7. BSOD when running on battery Dell XPS 15 9570

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when running on battery Dell XPS 15 9570: I have had this issue on my Dell XPS 9570 Laptop for a while: my computer randomly crashes : BSOD INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR At some point before my pro-service period expired, I contacted Dell, and after seeing that I had all my drivers updated, I got a tech in my home, that...
  8. Dell introduces redesigned XPS 15 and XPS 17

in Windows 10 News
    Dell introduces redesigned XPS 15 and XPS 17: [ATTACH] Dell’s family of XPS laptops If you’re in the market for a new PC, take note: Dell has announced new devices that deliver larger screens, long battery life and enough power to stream your favorite shows, edit photos for Instagram, render 4K...
  9. Dell XPS 15 Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell XPS 15 Problems: Dell XPS 15 Windows 10 problem(s) So I have a Dell XPS 15 with Windows 10 that is just over 1.5 years old. Issues have started to rack up over the last 3 or so months (things like any microphone from any headset/earbuds not being detected, my Realtek Audio not showing up at...
  10. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement: Dell does not sell it. Contacted them many times and they haven't had it in years and read online others say the same unless you had warranty. I checked online and there is a site called laptopbatteryexpress that seem to have excellent reviews. You can buy a battery for the...