Windows 10: DELL XPS 2720 Win 10-Pro

Discus and support DELL XPS 2720 Win 10-Pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Basicly my PC is working well, but I try to get answers for a few minor problems in EventViewer. In the process I landed at Intel. From INtel I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chris77, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Chris77 Win User

DELL XPS 2720 Win 10-Pro

Basicly my PC is working well, but I try to get answers for a few minor problems in EventViewer.

In the process I landed at Intel. From INtel I got the advice to rather go to DELL itself, as some driver updates will be manufacturer specific. Microsft tells me everything is up to date, and Intel has no Updates available for this PC.

However DELL SUpport identified PC Service tag & Express Service Code. Based on this it searched for updates regarding this PC. 4 updates were found with auto installation, and 1x BIOS update installation.
    >I had the 4x downloaded + 1 Bios and some of them were installed waiting for a restart.
    >>THe bios update however hanged for an hour at 16% processor/taskmanager.
    >>> I then switched off PC and hope for the best....
    On 2nd attempt it loaded Windows, login but no reponse, hanging.
    I switched it off, on and it boot, can login with response, but warning about disk could loose data.....

>>> I then restore it to the previous state successfully, and its running and booting fast with no problems.

Here are the drivers DELL try to install.
    1-Serial ATA ..Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and management console
    2-Chipset Intel Chipset driver
    3-Network..Dell Wireless 1703 WiFi + Bluetooth driver
    4-Chipset..Intel AMT HECI (ME) driver

5-BIOS..Dell XPS 2720 System BIOS (Manual Install.

I just want some advice on if you would downloadload each one, and in ...which order.... you would install them, with a reboot for each one....Thankyou

:)

Chris77, Oct 1, 2017
  2. opioohana Win User

Monitor turns off then on, off then on.

This happened two years ago when I bought it and tech fixed it but now has started again. Just replaced the HDD and reinstalled Win 10 and software but otherwise nothing has changed. This is a Dell XPS 2720 all in one.

Any help would be appreciated.

opioohana, Oct 1, 2017
  3. Saltgrass Win User
    Support Assist crashes after Windows 10 upgrade on Dell Inspiron 15-3521

I realized when looking at the thread on the Dell site that my systems do not have the same presentation. On a two year old XPS 2720 which came with Win 10, it shows as yours does. On the newer system it shows with two additional options for Optimization
    and Driver Update.

The latest SupportAssist shows a version 2.0.6875.402 with a SupportAssistAgent 2.0.1.7

Saltgrass, Oct 1, 2017
  4. Mooly Win User

DELL XPS 2720 Win 10-Pro

Maybe you are hunting for 'problems' that are of no consequence for which event viewer is loaded with such issues on many systems.

It sounds like you are running the supplied Dell installation of Windows together with the Dell 'bloatware' that is supposed to help keep your system up to date.

I think your choices come down to leaving it as it is (particularly as you say it is running well at this point) or do as have done on my Dell (not your model) and do a totally clean install of Windows.

Mooly, Oct 1, 2017
Thema:

DELL XPS 2720 Win 10-Pro

1. DELL XPS 2720 Win 10-Pro - Similar Threads - DELL XPS 2720

2. Win 11 Pro for Workstation on a Dell XPS 15 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Pro for Workstation on a Dell XPS 15 laptop: Hi,Silly question. I like how Win 11 Pro for Workstations runs on my Aurora R13 desktop Core i9 processor. My XPS 15 laptop has regular Win 11 Pro on it. Would I see an advantage of upgrading to Win 11 Pro for Workstations on my laptop even though it is only an i7...
  3. Win 11 Pro for Workstation on a Dell XPS 15 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Pro for Workstation on a Dell XPS 15 laptop: Hi,Silly question. I like how Win 11 Pro for Workstations runs on my Aurora R13 desktop Core i9 processor. My XPS 15 laptop has regular Win 11 Pro on it. Would I see an advantage of upgrading to Win 11 Pro for Workstations on my laptop even though it is only an i7...
  4. internet dell XPS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    internet dell XPS: Hi I just bought the Dell XPS 13 7390 I7, and somehow i missed out that it didnt come with Windows 10. It came with Ubuntu Linux. I decided that it was probably quicker to download and install Windows 10 via the official website, and did so using the USB method. I removed...
  5. Cannot Install W10 on Dell XPS W7 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Install W10 on Dell XPS W7 pro: I have been trying to install W10 on my Dell XPS W7Pro machine with no luck. It always fails during configuration and reverts back to the old settings. Through all of this I found out that, I have been unaware, that my machine has NEVER successfully updated with "important"...
  6. Dell XPS hard drive crashed, rebirth new drive to Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dell XPS hard drive crashed, rebirth new drive to Win 10 pro: My hard drive on my Dell XPS has crashed and is not going to come back. My Win 7 Pro operating system and all the precious Windows software, like Office 2016 went with it. Which version of Win 2010 Professional do I need and how can it be loaded on a bare (new) hard drive?...
  7. Sidesync + Samsuns s7 edge Win 10 dell xps 15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sidesync + Samsuns s7 edge Win 10 dell xps 15: Hi Eveything works but screen don't display is transparent. When i click at this transparet screen it works at mobile. Look at video: https://www.screencast.com/t/ssxCa5sLbl...
  8. Dell XPS 2710 microphone not working after Win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 2710 microphone not working after Win 10 upgrade: Upgraded to Win 10 everything working except microphone. The Realtek driver is installed and shows no errors, the audio setup shows a microphone is available but no sound is detected? I've tried uninstalling the Audio drivers and then on re-boot Win 10 re-installs...
  9. Dell 2710 xps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell 2710 xps: I have tried to install windows 10 numerous different ways. it installs perfectly, but i have no internet access. it recognizes the internet, but won't allow connection....has anyone been able to install windows 10 on the 2710 including use of the internet 16905
  10. Webcam stopped working on XPS 2720 when upgraded to Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam stopped working on XPS 2720 when upgraded to Win 10: The Dell XPS 2720 is an all-in-one with an integrated webcam. Skype worked perfectly on Win 7 but since I upgraded to Win 10 I can no longer make video calls. To eliminate Skype as the source of the problem, I tried a third party product (www.testwebcam.com) as well as the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xps 2720 ebay

2. dell xps 2720 dead windows 10