Windows 10: Dell XPS 8500, Win10: Every second "Sleep" turns-off the computer

Discus and support Dell XPS 8500, Win10: Every second "Sleep" turns-off the computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! Recent day or two I started to get strange issues with my XPS 8500 running on Windows 10. Basically, whenever I put the computer to sleep, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Somet1imes, May 10, 2021.

1. Dell XPS 8500, Win10: Every second "Sleep" turns-off the computer

Hello! Recent day or two I started to get strange issues with my XPS 8500 running on Windows 10. Basically, whenever I put the computer to sleep, it goes without any issues and I can wake up with a keyboard or mouse click, as usual. But when I wake it up to from sleep and then put it to sleep again, it goes into sleep mode but then it shuts off right away. Every single time, it is the second consecutive sleep attempt that turns off the computer. In that case, I can only wake up the PC with the power button and it goes through windows boot. I started my computer about 10-15 times today to get a sense of what's the trigger, so far can't get the cause. Literally, I can only put my computer into sleep once because the second time it wakes up and if I put it to sleep again, it will turn off instantaneously. And I have to boot it up with a power button. Could anyone provide insight of what could be the issue? Why the pc turns off ONLY on the second sleep attempt? Windows 10 version: 20H2 Thank you in advance!

:)

Somet1imes, May 10, 2021
  2. JonAlex Win User

Dell XPS 8500 upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 Pro

The Dell website lists the computer models that have been tested for Windows 10 compatibility. The XPS 8500 has not been tested. This is surprising since my XPS 8500 is only a few years old. I am running Windows 8.1 Pro with no problems. The offer
    of a free upgrade doesn't mean much if critical drivers are incompatible with Windows 10.

JonAlex, May 10, 2021
  3. How to Install Windows in Dell XPS 8500

I have a Dell XPS 8500 that came with Windows 8 originally (about 5 years ago) and later I upgraded to Windows 10 free. Now it is not working and cannot reboot. They told me to go to Microsoft website and download the ISO for that windows in a flash drive
    from another computer and then come to the XPS 8500 use that flash drive to install Windows.

Q1. Since originally my XPS 8500 came with Windows 8, should I install Windows 8 first and the go through upgrade OR I can directly install Windows 10 in my XPS 8500?

Q2. I tries several times to download and save Windows 8 ISO in a blank flash drive, but it always failed. Any idea why and what should I do to overcome the failure?

By the way I cannot find my KEY or other numbers.

AvalancheBD, May 10, 2021
  4. jvh71 Win User

Dell XPS 8500, Win10: Every second "Sleep" turns-off the computer

Dell XPS 8500 upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Same here. I have many CHEAP computers that had no issues upgrading to Windows 10.

It appears to be a BIOS issue as it barely gets past it when it restarts.

Step it up DELL and get my XPS 8500 compatible.

jvh71, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Dell XPS 8500, Win10: Every second "Sleep" turns-off the computer

1. Dell XPS 8500, Win10: Every second "Sleep" turns-off the computer - Similar Threads - Dell XPS 8500

2. My computer screen turns on for split second then turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer screen turns on for split second then turns off: My problem is that when I turn the laptop on, the screen turns on for a split second then just disappears. I know it is still running because each time I close and reopen the laptop, It appears for a split second. I don’t know WHAT is going on. please help...
  3. Computer turning off instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning off instead of going to sleep: Hi, so I've been having an issue for a few weeks now where when my computer should be going to sleep both manually and by going idle, it instead just shuts down. Here is a post I had made on Reddit describing the issue between the dotted...
  4. Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds: I installed new driver for my cpu and now it turns off for like .5 seconds and I can't do anything other thank open the stupid radeon gaming and task manager cpu is amd a8 6410I can restart but that does nothing, and I can't open settingsI've doneWIN+r opens but can't do...
  5. Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds: I installed new driver for my cpu and now it turns of for like .5 seconds and I can't do anything other thank open the stupid radeon gaming and task manager cpu is amd a8 6410I can restart but that does nothing, and I can't open settingsI've doneWIN+r opens but can't do...
  6. Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds

Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds: I installed new driver for my cpu and now it turns of for like .5 seconds and I can't do anything other thank open the stupid radeon gaming and task manager cpu is amd a8 6410I can restart but that does nothing, and I can't open settingsI've doneWIN+r opens but can't do...
  7. every mornig my computer goes to sleep, but sleep is off

every mornig my computer goes to sleep, but sleep is off: then start it starts and it's go direct to sleep and so on windows version 2020h2 19042.804 Sven Åke https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-mornig-my-computer-goes-to-sleep-but-sleep/86ada91d-c344-4641-9d18-43ad1ee24f43
  8. Multiple webcams keep turning off/on/off/on/off every few seconds

Multiple webcams keep turning off/on/off/on/off every few seconds: Hi, My integrated webcam kept turning itself off after a few seconds, coming back on, turning off again after 2 seconds etc I decided to get just to get a new webcam and plug it in via USB but the exact same thing is happening with the new webcam as well so the problem...
  9. Dell XPS 8500 Will NOT upgrade Win7 Ultimate to Win10 - Most Common error: oxc1900101 -...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell XPS 8500 Will NOT upgrade Win7 Ultimate to Win10 - Most Common error: oxc1900101 -...: I have tried over the last 2 days about 8 times to upgrade my computer from Win7 Ultimate to Win10 and fails everytime. The most common code for me is: This installation failed in the second boot phase oxc1900101 - ox40017..... xps 8500 .......i7 -3.8Ghz, 32Gb ram I...
  10. Dell XPS Sleep Issue - Windows 10

Dell XPS Sleep Issue - Windows 10: Just got a Dell XPS 13 and yesterday I shut the lid as I usually do with laptops to put it into sleep mode and walked away for 3 hours. The laptop was on power and had 100% battery when I shut the lid. Three hours later I found the laptop was hot - the whole laptop...