Windows 10: Dell XPS 8930 and 1903 Network Issues

Discus and support Dell XPS 8930 and 1903 Network Issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; We have about 10 of these in Marketing. Twice now I've installed 1903 on two of them and had to roll back due to some, not all, websites not showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rosickness12, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Dell XPS 8930 and 1903 Network Issues

We have about 10 of these in Marketing. Twice now I've installed 1903 on two of them and had to roll back due to some, not all, websites not showing up. You get the Ooops, page not found error. I didn't note any sites other than /u/rosickness12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rosickness12, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Compumind Win User

How to address high Temps in XPS 8930

Hi there!

Well, it appears that I have a "solution" for another of my XPS-8930's with a Core i7-8700 (Non-K) -
    Have yet to try it though. My XPS 8930 Core i7-8700-K already has the new Sink and Fan from the factory.

Please watch this video -

I called Dell and ordered the parts at no cost via ProSupport in the USA without a single issue under warranty.
    The new parts have now arrived as in the video. Note that the new heat sink already has a square patch of thermal compound applied. Be careful.

Dell Heatsink part number: T57JF
    Dell Fan part number: KTDJC

Next, download Core Temp (it's free) and go with the defaults. Get the temperature results before and after the modifications.

Core Temp

Here is the link for the XPS 8930 Service Manual - look for the Fan and Sink installation and removal instructions, Pages 84-89.
    You will also see pictures of the new Fan and Sink - that tells me something, lol!

https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/xps-...nual_en-us.pdf

Do not accept "No" as an answer.

Please post back and advise.

Thanks. *Think

Compumind, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Rlp1963 Win User
    How to address high Temps in XPS 8930

When you say you call Dell USA are you speaking with Indian people? (if so give me that number) I have spoken with about 20 different Indian people and not a single American born citizen (I know this because of accent). No problem with Indian people but several of them have been arrogant and condescending. They have not helped but have tried but have managed to waste 3 months of time and now I am left trying to fix my own brand new under warranty Dell computer.

Rlp1963, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Eric2139 Win User

Dell XPS 8930 and 1903 Network Issues

How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Dell XPS 8930 and 1903 Network Issues

1. Dell XPS 8930 and 1903 Network Issues - Similar Threads - Dell XPS 8930

2. Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen: Hey guys,After using the power button to force a shutdown on my pc, I have encountered some issues with booting it up. The first 30 seconds is normal, but while the dell logo is shown and is loading, the screen freezes entirely. I have tried restarting again, but that attempt...
  3. Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen: Hey guys,After using the power button to force a shutdown on my pc, I have encountered some issues with booting it up. The first 30 seconds is normal, but while the dell logo is shown and is loading, the screen freezes entirely. I have tried restarting again, but that attempt...
  4. Advice upgrading dell xps 8930 to windows 11

Advice upgrading dell xps 8930 to windows 11: Hi Everyone.I am wondering if it is safe to upgrade my dell xps 8930 to windows 11?I spoke to dell and they really were very vague and did not offer any help at all.I have heard and read that the Dell xps 8930 has been tested and will run windows 11.Please find my system...
  5. Advice upgrading dell xps 8930 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advice upgrading dell xps 8930 to windows 11: Hi Everyone.I am wondering if it is safe to upgrade my dell xps 8930 to windows 11?I spoke to dell and they really were very vague and did not offer any help at all.I have heard and read that the Dell xps 8930 has been tested and will run windows 11.Please find my system...
  6. XPS 8930 card reader

XPS 8930 card reader: I would like to know how I find out if the memory card reader on my XPS 8930 desk top will work with the type of memory card I have? I am a novice pc user so any help appreciated. Thank you in advance....
  7. XPS 8930 card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    XPS 8930 card reader: I would like to know how I find out if the memory card reader on my XPS 8930 desk top will work with the type of memory card I have? I am a novice pc user so any help appreciated. Thank you in advance....
  8. Need Archive of old Dell XPS 8930 CPU bios .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Archive of old Dell XPS 8930 CPU bios .: Many years have past, so I have not yet had luck locating these old Intel CPU bios. I dont want the new bios as its a barrier to system tweaks I want . Bios sites I remember from the past no longer exist . Maybe going back to 2015 - 18 ish . Any help locating these is...
  9. Sound Issues on Dell 8930

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Issues on Dell 8930: When I unplug a sound output device and plug in a different one, the audio no longer works and the message says that my device is not connected. Is there a setting I need to change? It doesn't matter if I'm using the front or back audio jack....
  10. Dell XPS 8930 Boots straight into Windows!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell XPS 8930 Boots straight into Windows!: This is the second XPS that Dell sent me that has this problem I believe the BIOS comes up after tapping F2 but you can't see it!. The only way around it is to remove the secondary graphics card and boot from the onboard video card to get to the BIOS or Safe Mode etc. You...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell xps 8930 not detected ethernet

2. xps 8930 desktop dell network problems

3. dell xps 8930 issues

4. dell xps 8930 network card issues