Windows 10: Dell XPS 8930 Boots straight into Windows!

Discus and support Dell XPS 8930 Boots straight into Windows! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is the second XPS that Dell sent me that has this problem I believe the BIOS comes up after tapping F2 but you can't see it!. The only way around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by orealius, Mar 7, 2019.

1. orealius Win User

Dell XPS 8930 Boots straight into Windows!

This is the second XPS that Dell sent me that has this problem I believe the BIOS comes up after tapping F2 but you can't see it!. The only way around it is to remove the secondary graphics card and boot from the onboard video card to get to the BIOS or Safe Mode etc. You cannot get to the BIOS through the troubleshooting mode either... unless the secondary card is pulled...even if you are using the onboard card.
    DELL has been no use in resolving this They have replaced the secondary card (Nvidia 1050) 3 times and the Motherboard as well. Hopefully, someone on this forum can.figure this out.
    Thanks

:)

orealius, Mar 7, 2019
  2. freaksavior, Mar 7, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Dell XPS 8930 Boots straight into Windows!

Windows XP no boot

I have a no boot issue in windows XP. It just keeps giving me the "no boot device" or something similar. It will boot from the Windows XP Home disk without any issues. I have tried replacing the boot.ini, fixmbr, and fixboot. None of these have worked. I even went so far as to doing the repair by installing Windows XP Home. When it rebooted it still gave me the same reading.

I can get it to boot from a Paragon Rescue disk though. I am at a loss on this one. My next step is to run a boot virus check I suppose, as this system had over 300 trojans, virus' and malware.

This is a friends computer that has a bunch of his work related documents so I don't want to reformat or anything unless it has to.

stinger608, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Dell XPS 8930 Boots straight into Windows!

1. Dell XPS 8930 Boots straight into Windows! - Similar Threads - Dell XPS 8930

2. Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen: Hey guys,After using the power button to force a shutdown on my pc, I have encountered some issues with booting it up. The first 30 seconds is normal, but while the dell logo is shown and is loading, the screen freezes entirely. I have tried restarting again, but that attempt...
  3. Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen: Hey guys,After using the power button to force a shutdown on my pc, I have encountered some issues with booting it up. The first 30 seconds is normal, but while the dell logo is shown and is loading, the screen freezes entirely. I have tried restarting again, but that attempt...
  4. Advice upgrading dell xps 8930 to windows 11

Advice upgrading dell xps 8930 to windows 11: Hi Everyone.I am wondering if it is safe to upgrade my dell xps 8930 to windows 11?I spoke to dell and they really were very vague and did not offer any help at all.I have heard and read that the Dell xps 8930 has been tested and will run windows 11.Please find my system...
  5. Advice upgrading dell xps 8930 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advice upgrading dell xps 8930 to windows 11: Hi Everyone.I am wondering if it is safe to upgrade my dell xps 8930 to windows 11?I spoke to dell and they really were very vague and did not offer any help at all.I have heard and read that the Dell xps 8930 has been tested and will run windows 11.Please find my system...
  6. XPS 8930 card reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XPS 8930 card reader: I would like to know how I find out if the memory card reader on my XPS 8930 desk top will work with the type of memory card I have? I am a novice pc user so any help appreciated. Thank you in advance....
  7. XPS 8930 card reader

XPS 8930 card reader: I would like to know how I find out if the memory card reader on my XPS 8930 desk top will work with the type of memory card I have? I am a novice pc user so any help appreciated. Thank you in advance....
  8. XPS 8930 card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Need Archive of old Dell XPS 8930 CPU bios .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Archive of old Dell XPS 8930 CPU bios .: Many years have past, so I have not yet had luck locating these old Intel CPU bios. I dont want the new bios as its a barrier to system tweaks I want . Bios sites I remember from the past no longer exist . Maybe going back to 2015 - 18 ish . Any help locating these is...
  10. Dell XPS 8930 and 1903 Network Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell XPS 8930 and 1903 Network Issues: We have about 10 of these in Marketing. Twice now I've installed 1903 on two of them and had to roll back due to some, not all, websites not showing up. You get the Ooops, page not found error. I didn't note any sites other than Adobe.com. This was the main issue since the...