Windows 10: Dell XPS 9500 stuck on restarting for the past 40 minutes.

Discus and support Dell XPS 9500 stuck on restarting for the past 40 minutes. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, So I was going to shut down my new XPS 9500 I literally got YESTERDAY down, and I clicked update and shut down. Ever since then my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iMayHaveABrain, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Dell XPS 9500 stuck on restarting for the past 40 minutes.

Hey guys,

So I was going to shut down my new XPS 9500 I literally got YESTERDAY down, and I clicked update and shut down. Ever since then my computer has been stuck on restarting with the buffering ring of dots. Not with the windows logo, just on a grey (normally blue) background. What has happened to my computer and how do I fix it? I haven’t touched the BIOS or Regedit or anything. Thanks, I’m gonna sleep now, boy is this thing annoying.

Yours,

iMayHaveABrain

submitted by /u/iMayHaveABrain
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iMayHaveABrain, Sep 5, 2020

2. Dell XPS 13 9333 - Windows couldnt not complete the installation, to install windows on this computer, please restart the installation

According to Dell's official Windows 10 Creators Update page, the Dell xps 13 9333 is not listed as tested:

http://www.dell.com/support/article...-to-windows-10-creators-update?lang=en#XPS-NB

You can try a manual upgraded as suggested in my previous reply using the ISO in addition to the 12 steps before upgrading.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Dell XPS 13 stuck in restarting after automatically applying yesterday’s Windows maintenance

I have a Dell XPS 13 which is stuck in restarting after automatically applying yesterday’s Windows maintenance. I’ve held the power button down until it powered down, waited a few minutes and the powered up again. Both times it’s brought up an all blue Restarting
    screen and it just sits there with the little dots circling around and around. What do I do next?

Violet Bliss Dietz, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Wupaz Win User

Dell XPS 9500 stuck on restarting for the past 40 minutes.

Updating Windows (Ring is stuck at 40% )

My Dell Venu Pro 8 is stuck on updating windows at 40% since 8hrs now !

I update from 10240 (Originally Windows 8.1)

I try to remove sdcard... but it seem nothing change !

note Installing features and drivers 23%

I'm really tired with Windows install problem.

Any suggestion ? Can I force shutdown my tablet and restart???

Wupaz, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Dell XPS 9500 stuck on restarting for the past 40 minutes.

1. Dell XPS 9500 stuck on restarting for the past 40 minutes. - Similar Threads - Dell XPS 9500

2. Volmgr 45 on Dell xps 9500

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volmgr 45 on Dell xps 9500: I'm getting volmgr 45 error on my pc,When i checking error details, it says error volume2 parttion on hdd. It was getting this error on my pc running Windows 10 pro, I updated pc to Windows 11 pro. but this same error going on. I searched many topic on internet but not fixed...
  3. Volmgr 45 on Dell xps 9500

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volmgr 45 on Dell xps 9500: I'm getting volmgr 45 error on my pc,When i checking error details, it says error volume2 parttion on hdd. It was getting this error on my pc running Windows 10 pro, I updated pc to Windows 11 pro. but this same error going on. I searched many topic on internet but not fixed...
  4. Dell XPS 15 9500 experiencing many issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell XPS 15 9500 experiencing many issues.: Hello, I have recently gotten myself a XPS 15 9500 and have been experiencing some issues with it.When I first unboxed it, I was met with a headphone jack that wouldn't work unless I reset a driver every time I restarted, or put to sleep my computer, or unplugged my...
  5. Dell XPS 15 9500 experiencing many issues.

Dell XPS 15 9500 experiencing many issues.: Hello, I have recently gotten myself a XPS 15 9500 and have been experiencing some issues with it.When I first unboxed it, I was met with a headphone jack that wouldn't work unless I reset a driver every time I restarted, or put to sleep my computer, or unplugged my...
  6. Insane Battery discharge rate on Dell XPS 15 9500

Insane Battery discharge rate on Dell XPS 15 9500: Hi all,I'm facing a very weird issue with Dell XPS 15 9500 with battery discharge. When I got my laptop, the battery backup was perfect close to 10 hours but after 2-3 months of use, it came down to just 2-3 hours. I researched a lot on driver updates, BIOS updates, Dell...
  7. Insane Battery discharge rate on Dell XPS 15 9500

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insane Battery discharge rate on Dell XPS 15 9500: Hi all,I'm facing a very weird issue with Dell XPS 15 9500 with battery discharge. When I got my laptop, the battery backup was perfect close to 10 hours but after 2-3 months of use, it came down to just 2-3 hours. I researched a lot on driver updates, BIOS updates, Dell...
  8. Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 20H2 Build 19042.746 Restarting for a Windows update, and for the 40 minutes it's just a black screen with the word Restarting in the center. No spinning circles, no anything. Just the black screen with the word Restarting. Should I do a hard...
  9. Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 20H2 Build 19042.746 Restarting for a Windows update, and for the 40 minutes it's just a black screen with the word Restarting in the center. No spinning circles, no anything. Just the black screen with the word Restarting. Should I do a hard...
  10. Dell XPS 9500 Settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell XPS 9500 Settings: Hello...I have a brand new Dell XPS 15 9500 with both Intel and Nvidia graphics. Except when I open Nvidia Control Panel and click the image settings I see 0 activity from the discrete Nvidia card (1650Ti). Even then it moves 1 - 2%. Is this normal behavior or should I see...