Windows 10: Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock

Discus and support Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings I am having difficulty with Windows 10 not recognizing my thunderbolt dock from a cold start. Here are the hardware/OS details: XPS 9550... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gfd, Oct 4, 2019.

1. GFD
    gfd Win User

Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock

Greetings

I am having difficulty with Windows 10 not recognizing my thunderbolt dock from a cold start. Here are the hardware/OS details:

XPS 9550
    TB16 Thunderbolt Dock
    Windows 10 Pro 1903 18362.388

I have 2 Windows 10 installations. An OEM that came with the machine and a retail version which I purchased. The retail version recognizes the TB16 dock before login. The OEM version does not. So with the OEM, anything attached to the dock is not functional. The only way I am able to use the items attached to the dock, is to use the built-in keyboard, open device manager and scan for hardware changes. The dock is then recognized and all items are functional.

Did I inadvertently change a setting that prevents Windows 10 OEM from automatically recognizing the dock? I should point out that this issue starting occurring after the cumulative update in September. However, after that update, I was able to overcome the problem by starting the machine with the power button on the dock (I have to option to allow the dock to wake the computer activated in BIOS). Before using the dock power button, the dock was not recognized by either the retail or OEM versions.

I've probably over-explained the issue here. Sorry. I just wanted to present as much detail as possible.

Any and all assistance is most appreciated.

Graham

:)

2. TF831 Win User

Logitech M325 Wireless Mouse with TB16 docking station, ok without docking station

I have a Logitech M325 Wireless Mouse, Dell XPS 15 plenty of horsepower, on TB16 docking station. When the laptop starts having some CPU activity the mouse lags big time, unusable. Do not exhibit the problem without the docking station.

Tried delete and reinstall of drivers and Logitech Unifying software but to no veil. Any guru help?

TF831, Oct 4, 2019
  3. bro67 Win User
    Dell Thunderbolt Dock

Did you have the power hooked into the Dell dock? The Dell dock also may need a driver as stated in this troubleshooter. How to Use and Troubleshoot the Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB16) | Dell US
    The Display Port will work if you want to hook to a flatscreen, but those features are even going away. Keep the receipts for the new adapter and if on a credit card, that they will cover it if it decides to die.

bro67, Oct 4, 2019
  4. ailbts Win User

Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock

Dell XPS 15 9550 OS gone/not found, help reinstalling Windows 10?

• Dell XPS 15 9550
    • Dell hasn't replied all day so there's been no progress and I'm still stuck at wondering how to install Windows 10 via USB drive or if there's another solution.

I don't have a disk drive so the only way to reinstall the OS is via USB drive, which has been unsuccessful because Dell simply said "install Windows 10" and nothing more so I went as far as I could without having everything blow up. My hard drive and everything
    else passed the diagnostic test 3 times.

ailbts, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock

1. Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock - Similar Threads - Dell XPS 9550

2. Dell XPS 15 9550 Crash Blue Screen Almost daily

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Crash Blue Screen Almost daily: My DELL XPS 15 9550 laptop was bought in mid of 2016. The specs are as belowProcessor IntelR CoreTM i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors System Model XPS 15 9550 OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045 Installed Physical...
  3. Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?: Hey all. I posted this a while back but did not get a new battery nor get a new computer. My laptop battery is now 2.5 years and about 92% worn out. I had bought a replacement for it 2.5 years ago when the originally battery lasted for 1.5 years. So I mentioned I play online...
  4. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?: I had this laptop for a few years already. Not long ago, when i was playing online poker, that is what I do mostly on it, I notice there was like a stuttering sound and when this happens, my 2 monitors connected to laptop stutters with the sound and many times even closes the...
  5. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Stuttering Sound Issues?: I had this laptop for a few years already. Not long ago, when i was playing online poker, that is what I do mostly on it, I notice there was like a stuttering sound and when this happens, my 2 monitors connected to laptop stutters with the sound and many times even closes the...
  6. Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 9550 TB16 Dock: Greetings I am having difficulty with Windows 10 not recognizing my thunderbolt dock from a cold start. Here are the hardware/OS details: XPS 9550 TB16 Thunderbolt Dock Windows 10 Pro 1903 18362.388 I have 2 Windows 10 installations. An OEM that came with the machine and a...
  7. Dell XPS 15 9550 Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Keeps Crashing: I just bought this dell xps 15 9550 second hand about a week ago and it seems to crash each time i use it for over a couple of hours, blue screen saying your pc ran into a problem, 0% and then restarts immediately with no major issues. Initially thought it was because it was...
  8. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start: NewHey all would like advice on this as i'm freaking out. I turned on my dell xps today and when i do, i get that dell logo and then nothing happens, it stays on that logo. I then powered it off and turned it on again few times... same thing, does not load. I have had this...
  9. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD in Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD in Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop: So I'm getting these random BSOD's in my new Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop with its SSD replaced with an M.2 Samsung 950 Pro 512GB SSD. The weird thing is that when it BSOD's, it's stuck at 0% in the dump process. What I did was to reformat the whole system, installed Windows 10...
  10. Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550

Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550: As the title says, I'm getting a bunch of critical process died errors, usually within 30-60 minutes of booting up a game. Sometimes it happens within 15 minutes, and sometimes it's not connected to gaming at all. Would greatly appreciate any help! 35684