Windows 10: Dell XPS 9560 - Daily BSODs

Discus and support Dell XPS 9560 - Daily BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all - just to start by saying thank you for giving your time to help people out with issues like this. Background - I've had my Dell XPS 9560... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hoodlum, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Hoodlum Win User

Dell XPS 9560 - Daily BSODs

Hey all - just to start by saying thank you for giving your time to help people out with issues like this.

Background - I've had my Dell XPS 9560 laptop for about 2 years now. For the majority of that time, it's been rock solid, apart from having to swap out the original Killer network card for an Intel one because it kept dropping connection (common issue with these laptops).

I've got a big old monitor that only has DVI-I input, so I use an active USB-C --> Display Port --> DVI-I adapter chain. About a month ago, it stopped working (not the first time). Last time this happened, tried everything I could think of, eventually reinstalled Windows on a new partition, and suddenly it started working on the old install again.

This time, even that didn't work. I used the Dell Support Assist tool to update all my drivers, and upgrade the BIOS, and that was when the problems started. Daily (or sometimes 2/3 times a day) BSODs, all with different error codes, no commonality.

I did a clean install of Windows (Home) about a week ago, and only used Windows Update to fetch drivers. System was ok for a few days, then the BSODs started again. I needed Hyper-V to run a virtual machine, so I upgraded the system to Windows Professional.

Things I've tried:
    - tried updating everything again via Dell Support Assist - still BSODs
    - used Snappy Driver Installer to find all missing drivers (it found about 50 Windows and Dell SA didn't find) - system now runs much faster, and the monitor is working again, didn't get BSODs for 2 days, but now they're back
    - I got one BSOD when launching a VM, so thinking it might be related, I disabled Hyper-V, and also disabled the Intel virtualisation stuff in the BIOS - just got another BSOD this morning however. All BIOS settings related to voltages/overclocking stuff are at their defaults
    - ran all the Dell SA stress tests - no hardware errors
    - ran the Windows memory checking tool - no errors
    - disabled "Fast Startup" in the power settings, still BSODs

Looking at the times of the BSODs I've had since reinstalling Windows, all apart from one have come from ntoskrnl.exe and happened within a 15 minute window of 9am. I put my laptop to sleep overnight, usually wake it back up about 7:30am, and then it crashes about 9am. Stable for the rest of the day, apart from one I had late at night, which was reported to be caused by a DirectX driver.

I'm probably using Visual Studio at around the time the crashes occur, if there's any commonality.

Windows version is 1930 Build 18362.476

Attached is the output of the V2 dump gathering tool.

Many thanks for any assistance with this one.

DESKTOP-4K93B59-(2019-11-17_09-21-24).zip

:)

Hoodlum, Nov 17, 2019

2. DELL 9560 chipset controller

I have 2 identical XPS 9560 computers with SSD drives.

One machine is stable and the other is crashing 2-3 times per day with BSODs.

The issue seem to be with the SSD management driver.

I realised the stable machine is using Intel Chipset/PCI RST Premium Controller v15.7.5.1025 2017-08-10 (yes 2017)

whereas the BSOD fanatical machine is using Intel Chipset SATA RAIT Controller 15.44.0.1010 2018-07-02

Dell diagnostic tool is saying that I have the latest driver on the BSOD machine but Intel's diagnostic tool is suggesting

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver for Intel® 7th/8th Generation Platforms

Should I install the latest version from Intel or try to find the oldest version?

EricPerigny, Nov 17, 2019
  3. BSOD on startup with code 0xc00000e9 with Dell XPS 15 9560

Hi all,

when starting up my new Dell XPS 9560 I randomly get a BSOD with error code 0xc00000e9. I then proceed to press Esc for the UEFI settings, change nothing, and I am able to start up normally. I have no external device connected to my laptop. How can I make
    this go away? Thanks.

Dell XPS 9560 - Daily BSODs d8dd4774-d75c-41d9-b8e4-fa0dcef6d364.jpg

Dell XPS 9560 - Daily BSODs 9617bffe-67de-4dcb-a8ec-a37fef0876b7.jpg

LorenzoMagnolfi, Nov 17, 2019
  4. GregS200 Win User

Dell XPS 15 9560: missing drag lock for touchpad

System: Dell XPS 15 9560, WIndows 10 Home

When using the touchpad, I like to be able to perform multiple drag operations, without having to double-tap to invoke the drag operation each time I lift my finger. For the last 15+ years there has always been an option called "drag lock", that allows
    the drag to operate as follows:

• The drag operation is invoked by double-tapping on a draggable object
    • The object is moved by sliding one's finger
    • If one's finger is lifted, the drag operation will NOT terminate, and more drag operations are possible
    • The drag operation is terminated by another double-tap
    I simply can't find an option for drag lock in the Windows 10 touchpad settings. Please PLEASE tell me there is some way to enable this feature!

Cross posted on the Dell forums: Drag lock for touchpad? - Dell Community

GregS200, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Dell XPS 9560 - Daily BSODs - Similar Threads - Dell XPS 9560

2. Dell Xps 15 9560 BSOD when unplugging from WD15 Dock, error...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Xps 15 9560 BSOD when unplugging from WD15 Dock, error...: Every single time I unplug my xps15 9560 from my wd15 dock I immediately get BSOD error. The stop code is: System_thread_exception_not_handledWhat failed is: usbxhci.sysThe only suggestion I could find is to uninstall the usb root hub drivers and restart, but that didn't...
  3. Dell Xps 15 9560 BSOD when unplugging from WD15 Dock, error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Xps 15 9560 BSOD when unplugging from WD15 Dock, error...: Every single time I unplug my xps15 9560 from my wd15 dock I immediately get BSOD error. The stop code is: System_thread_exception_not_handledWhat failed is: usbxhci.sysThe only suggestion I could find is to uninstall the usb root hub drivers and restart, but that didn't...
  4. Dell Xps 15 9560 BSOD when unplugging from WD15 Dock, error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dell XP 15 9560 getting BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell XP 15 9560 getting BSOD: So i got a new Pc, it works fine but I noticed when I keep it playing Youtube videos it gets a BSOD and makes annoying buzzing or rattling noise I don't know the right word to describe i'm sorry English not my first language, at first i thought it was a graphics card driver...
  6. Dell XPS 15 9560 Ethernet Connection through Thunderbolt Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 15 9560 Ethernet Connection through Thunderbolt Port: Hello Microsoft Community! I hope all is well on your end. This is my first post because I'm stumped after trying steps from all over the Internet.I have an ethernet cable that's meant for gigabit connection as the Wi-Fi router isn't sufficient enough to deliver the speed....
  7. BSOD stopcode repeatedly on my XPS 9560.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD stopcode repeatedly on my XPS 9560.: Hello, BSODs happened after a windows update, with multiple BSOD in loops on my laptop. I managed to find a workaround, the machine is always stable when running on only 1 core, My configuration is Dell XPS 15 9560 BIOS 1.18.0 Windows 10.0.18362 SKU 07BE Intel core i7...
  8. Stuttering 2.4G Wireless Mouse on Dell XPS 15 (9560)

Stuttering 2.4G Wireless Mouse on Dell XPS 15 (9560): I have a problem with wireless mice. The mice, which work perfectly on other computers, stutter massively on my XPS 15 (9560) to the point which it's pretty difficult sometimes to do anything. If I bring the mouse right next to the usb receiver, then they work well, but 50-60...
  9. Stuttering Bluetooth Mouse on Dell XPS 15 (9560)

Stuttering Bluetooth Mouse on Dell XPS 15 (9560): I have a problem with bluetooth mice. The mice, which work perfectly on other computers, stutter massively on my XPS 15 (9560) to the point which it's pretty difficult sometimes to do anything. If I bring the mice right next to the usb receiver, then they work well, but 50-60...
  10. Multiple daily BSODs on a Dell XPS 9560 for more than 2 months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple daily BSODs on a Dell XPS 9560 for more than 2 months: Hi, I have 2 identical machines bought on the same day (about 18 months ago). Both have been working flawlessly for more than a year before one started to have daily BSODs, mostly with the IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, but sometimes also with BAD POOL HEADER. The faulty...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell bios update 1.18.0 xps 15 9560