Windows 10: Dell XPS Laptop CPU Slow!

Discus and support Dell XPS Laptop CPU Slow! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop model 9360 with 16gb RAM and 512gb SSD @ Intel I7-7500u with max of 2.70GHz and Turbo Boost to 3.50GHz.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by runordie, Nov 7, 2017.

1. runordie Win User

Dell XPS Laptop CPU Slow!

Hi everyone,

I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop model 9360 with 16gb RAM and 512gb SSD @ Intel I7-7500u with max of 2.70GHz and Turbo Boost to 3.50GHz.

I don't know why the processor maxes out at 2.18GHz and the utilization rate never passes 75%...I doubled checked that Intel Turbo Boost is enabled in my BIOS and my maximum processor state is 100% under Power Options.

I am very confused and stuck at why this happens..Any suggestions or comments?

Thanks in advance!

:)

runordie, Nov 7, 2017
  2. Adxxx Win User

Memory Management Error Windows 10

Unfortunately my laptop does not have a built-in modem. Anyone else can advise what could be other possible resolution?

My laptop is Dell XPS, Processor with i5 CPU.

Appreciate someone can assist.

Thanks.

Adxxx, Nov 7, 2017
  3. CBot_ Win User
    Windows 10 slow response or performance after waking up from sleep mode

I have the same issue with my Dell XPS 15 9550, super fast boot but slow wake up. It's got a nice m.2 samsung 512gb ssd inside and is a new laptop, this wakeup time is pathetic.

CBot_, Nov 7, 2017
  4. Dell XPS Laptop CPU Slow!

trying using Dell drivers for all devices you have , if no improvement contact dell support or consult their forums .

nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 7, 2017
  5. runordie Win User
    All they told me is it is a motherboard problem..Is there is any setting I can change? It is a new laptop so the motherboard shouldn't be damaged.

runordie, Nov 7, 2017
  6. try installing windows 8.1 see if problem persist , windows 10 attempt alot of un-explainable in-controllable settings to elongate battery life and that mostly revolve on caping cpu use , your hardware might be part of the selected pool for experimenting a.k.a insiders program , so you might just want to downgrade for a while till they have all these under development blahs sorted .

nIGHTmAYOR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dell XPS Laptop CPU Slow!

1. Dell XPS Laptop CPU Slow! - Similar Threads - Dell XPS Laptop

2. slow dell laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow dell laptop: I bought a brand new dell laptop but for the start it was so slow specs:-cpu: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz-gpu: intel iris xe graphics- ram: 8 gb-disk: 1tb hddthe first thing I noticed was the disk usage, it was 100%, so I searched for solutions on the...
  3. slow dell laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow dell laptop: I bought a brand new dell laptop but for the start it was so slow specs:-cpu: 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz-gpu: intel iris xe graphics- ram: 8 gb-disk: 1tb hddthe first thing I noticed was the disk usage, it was 100%, so I searched for solutions on the...
  4. Need Archive of old Dell XPS 8930 CPU bios .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Archive of old Dell XPS 8930 CPU bios .: Many years have past, so I have not yet had luck locating these old Intel CPU bios. I dont want the new bios as its a barrier to system tweaks I want . Bios sites I remember from the past no longer exist . Maybe going back to 2015 - 18 ish . Any help locating these is...
  5. Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?

Upgrade Old Dell XPS 15 9550 vs Buying New Dell XPS Laptop?: Hey all. I posted this a while back but did not get a new battery nor get a new computer. My laptop battery is now 2.5 years and about 92% worn out. I had bought a replacement for it 2.5 years ago when the originally battery lasted for 1.5 years. So I mentioned I play online...
  6. CPU stuck at 59% on Dell XPS 13 9343

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU stuck at 59% on Dell XPS 13 9343: Hello everyone! I've been struggling with this problem for probably more than a year now. Basically my XPS won't go above 59% CPU speed, regardless of what I do in the Power options, where it's set to maximum 90% on battery and 100% while plugged in. Minimum 5% both. I...
  7. Dell XPS: Laptop struggling to get past Dell screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS: Laptop struggling to get past Dell screen: Hi Everyone- Hoping to get some help/insight. My laptop (Dell XPS 13 / Version number 18362.657) has been struggling to turn on for sometime. The screen will light up with the Dell logo, however will not move past that point until I manually shut down & restart. I've been...
  8. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement: Dell does not sell it. Contacted them many times and they haven't had it in years and read online others say the same unless you had warranty. I checked online and there is a site called laptopbatteryexpress that seem to have excellent reviews. You can buy a battery for the...
  9. Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 Laptop Battery Replacement: Dell does not sell it. Contacted them many times and they haven't had it in years and read online others say the same unless you had warranty. I checked online and there is a site called laptopbatteryexpress that seem to have excellent reviews. You can buy a battery for the...
  10. Dell XPS Laptop Shuts Down, Then Restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS Laptop Shuts Down, Then Restarts: Hey all. I posted this here and in a forum with this dell model to see if anyone could assist me with this. My laptop is a dell xps 15 9550. I shut down my computer before i left the house. I sometimes leave computer on sometimes don't. When I came back, I noticed when i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell xps 13 running slow i 7