Windows 10: Dell XPS screen dimming

Discus and support Dell XPS screen dimming in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 running Windows 10 Home. I run 2 monitors through a Dell Thunderbolt docking station connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by brown_cow911, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Dell XPS screen dimming

I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 running Windows 10 Home. I run 2 monitors through a Dell Thunderbolt docking station connected to my laptop via USB Type C. Its a great setup.

When my laptop screen turns off because I am absent, it usually dims my laptop monitor. Sometimes I can fix this by simply increasing the screen brightness, other times this doesn't work (usually after it's happened 2/3 times) and I need to turn the dim down, restart my laptop then make brighter.

This is really niggly, is there a fix to this?

:)

brown_cow911, Mar 20, 2019

2. Unable to dim brightness in Dell Studio 1749 laptop

Unable to dim brightness in Dell Studio 1749 laptop: everything I have tried does not allow me to dim the over-bright screen using the win 10 customization tools? Most suggestion offer tweaks that might not be reversed?

edwardfinigan, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Fool Win User
    How to dim screen?

I tried googling Windows Ten, "how to dim screen," but the layout listed is not the layout I have. I just got Ten yesterday. How do you dim the screen?

I can't even find the options in the Display section.

4. Dell XPS screen dimming

Dell XPS 9370 screen constantly changing brightness / dimming when a darker image is on screen

Hi guys,

I've done some research and realise this "adaptive brightness/screen dimming" thing has been a problem for many, I've attempted the various ways to "fix"it but sadly nothing is working for me :/

I have the new Dell XPS 9370 with the 4k screen, running Windows 10.

I spent the extra on the screen in hope to enjoy the quality while working on graphic design and videos etc, yet it has been the absolute worst experience as even with 100% brightness (draining the battery further) I can barely see anything with clarity
    half the time due to the screen constantly dimming so dark. It is really becoming a problem to the extent I hate using the laptop as it's just too difficult to see anything properly especially in photoshop, the one program I'd need constant brightness the
    most.

I have turned off 'adaptive brightness' which did nothing, I have played around with all obvious settings with no avail. I also attempted the option others have had success with via the Intel Graphics Settings (however my version must be different as I have
    hardly any options to change under 'Power'...sadly I don't have the options others are showing they have).

Might there be any other suggestions to turn off the annoying dimming the screen does when there's a darker image on screen? It seems so pointless to have such a thing in most cases, as when an image is darker that's usually the one time one might actually
    need a brighter screen.

Any help would be extremely grateful, being an ex-Mac user, I am finally getting used to Windows, and I really do enjoy the XPS 9370, it's just a shame to spend $3000 on a laptop in attempt to enjoy a really nice screen (to be fair the screen is seriously
    amazing!) it's just a shame it's near impossible to even enjoy video playback due to the horribly dark screen/constant dimming.

Even while writing this post the screen has changed brightness at least 3-4 times while scrolling up/down despite the extremely white background :/

Thank you so much for any help in advance! Dell XPS screen dimming :)

NickyEllen, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Dell XPS screen dimming

1. Dell XPS screen dimming - Similar Threads - Dell XPS screen

2. Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen: Hey guys,After using the power button to force a shutdown on my pc, I have encountered some issues with booting it up. The first 30 seconds is normal, but while the dell logo is shown and is loading, the screen freezes entirely. I have tried restarting again, but that attempt...
  3. Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen: Hey guys,After using the power button to force a shutdown on my pc, I have encountered some issues with booting it up. The first 30 seconds is normal, but while the dell logo is shown and is loading, the screen freezes entirely. I have tried restarting again, but that attempt...
  4. BLUE SCREEN - WINDOWS 10 - DELL XPS 15

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BLUE SCREEN - WINDOWS 10 - DELL XPS 15: Help! I have a Dell XPS 15, and it has been crashing constantly. I'm running Dropbox and Norton 360. I'm not sure if they are related. Here's the BugCheck Analysis. Please guide me to the right direction. Thanks!10: kd> !analyze...
  5. no touch screen on dell xps 13

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no touch screen on dell xps 13: Can someone please tell me how I can get the touch screen to work on a new Dell Xps 13 9300. The touch screen facility has not worked from day 1 now on day 3. The touch screen does not appear under the human interface driver so I cannot enable it there. thanks...
  6. internet dell XPS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    internet dell XPS: Hi I just bought the Dell XPS 13 7390 I7, and somehow i missed out that it didnt come with Windows 10. It came with Ubuntu Linux. I decided that it was probably quicker to download and install Windows 10 via the official website, and did so using the USB method. I removed...
  7. Dell XPS: Laptop struggling to get past Dell screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS: Laptop struggling to get past Dell screen: Hi Everyone- Hoping to get some help/insight. My laptop (Dell XPS 13 / Version number 18362.657) has been struggling to turn on for sometime. The screen will light up with the Dell logo, however will not move past that point until I manually shut down & restart. I've been...
  8. Blue Screen at Dell Xps 15

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen at Dell Xps 15: i constantly get into blue screen problems since i purchased my dell xps 15. i tried every possible way to fix it but nothing worked. Anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-at-dell-xps-15/7e85e783-346b-4527-9245-4382962d8a10
  9. Black Screen Dell XPS 9360

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen Dell XPS 9360: Yesterday morning turned on XPS, appeared to be booting, keys back light and then it shut itself off. Sometimes stays on with only a black screen. Only had since January 27, 2018 and am super stressed that I cannot work. Yes, I have backed up the computer regularly, but this...
  10. Dell 2710 xps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell 2710 xps: I have tried to install windows 10 numerous different ways. it installs perfectly, but i have no internet access. it recognizes the internet, but won't allow connection....has anyone been able to install windows 10 on the 2710 including use of the internet 16905

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell xps 15 auto dimming

2. why does my dell xps screen dim even though its at 100%

3. screen protector dimmer for dell xps 15

4. how to dim the light on computer dell xps,
  5. dell xps 13 screen goes dim,
  6. dell xps auto dim screen,
  7. xps screen dim,
  8. xps screen dimming while scrolling,
  9. dell xps 2019 automatic screen dim,
  10. how to dim the computer screen dell xps,
  11. dell xps 13 screen dim on windows 10,