Windows 10: Dell XPS Sleep Issue - Windows 10

Discus and support Dell XPS Sleep Issue - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just got a Dell XPS 13 and yesterday I shut the lid as I usually do with laptops to put it into sleep mode and walked away for 3 hours. The laptop was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Midnight_lightning, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Dell XPS Sleep Issue - Windows 10

Just got a Dell XPS 13 and yesterday I shut the lid as I usually do with laptops to put it into sleep mode and walked away for 3 hours. The laptop was on power and had 100% battery when I shut the lid.

Three hours later I found the laptop was hot - the whole laptop including the lid.

I have done some digging but don't quite grasp the results. It seems that the XPS doesn't support sleep mode (S3) and only supports some aspects of Low Power mode.

I ran powercfg /a and the Power Efficiency Configuration Report but cant see how to upload the results (?).

The first result on the latter states "Power Policy:Minimum processor performance state is 100% (Plugged In)

The processor is not configured to automatically reduce power consumption based on activity." which sounds like a bad thing but may not be the issue?

I checked all the power settings and everything looks to be set up as I would expect, including the "Close lid" options being set to sleep.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Jon

:)

Midnight_lightning, Nov 21, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Dell XPS 13 9333 - Windows couldnt not complete the installation, to install windows on this computer, please restart the installation

According to Dell's official Windows 10 Creators Update page, the Dell xps 13 9333 is not listed as tested:

http://www.dell.com/support/article...-to-windows-10-creators-update?lang=en#XPS-NB

You can try a manual upgraded as suggested in my previous reply using the ISO in addition to the 12 steps before upgrading.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 21, 2018
  4. pylyshyn Win User

Dell XPS Sleep Issue - Windows 10

Even SLEEP does not work properly (DELL XPS 27)

I tried all the remedies suggested for getting the display to go off after a time or after running ScreenOFF2 and keeping the display off. All without success-- the display always comes on again. Then I gave up and decided to set the computer to sleep. That worked fine except that waking it up was flakey it did not work without pressing the start button over and over. This is a DELL XPS27 all-in-one running Windows 10 and I think the XPS may have problems. Anyone have these sorts of experiences with DELL XPS?

pylyshyn, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Dell XPS Sleep Issue - Windows 10

1. Dell XPS Sleep Issue - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Dell XPS Sleep

2. eGPU x Windows 10 Dell XPS 17 - Thermal Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    eGPU x Windows 10 Dell XPS 17 - Thermal Issues: Hi there! Hoping I am not the first one to have come across this issue, I have been reading through posts here for hours and still have yet to find it though..I have an Dell XPS 9700 with a built-in 2060 Max-Q; I recently purchased an Asus Tuf RTX 3060 12 GB and put it in a...
  3. eGPU x Windows 10 Dell XPS 17 - Thermal Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    eGPU x Windows 10 Dell XPS 17 - Thermal Issues: Hi there! Hoping I am not the first one to have come across this issue, I have been reading through posts here for hours and still have yet to find it though..I have an Dell XPS 9700 with a built-in 2060 Max-Q; I recently purchased an Asus Tuf RTX 3060 12 GB and put it in a...
  4. Dell XPS 15 9510 Will Not Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell XPS 15 9510 Will Not Wake From Sleep: Anybody else met and fixed this issue?My new XPS 15 laptop will not wake from sleep when there is an app like Abobe photoshop, Bridge or Blender open. But, sleep works fine when simpler apps like office are running. The only way to recover it is to hold power button for 10...
  5. Dell XPS 15 9510 Will Not Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell XPS 15 9510 Will Not Wake From Sleep: Anybody else met and fixed this issue?My new XPS 15 laptop will not wake from sleep when there is an app like Abobe photoshop, Bridge or Blender open. But, sleep works fine when simpler apps like office are running. The only way to recover it is to hold power button for 10...
  6. Dell XPS 15 9510 Will Not Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 7e when Dell XPS 9700 is sleeping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 7e when Dell XPS 9700 is sleeping: Occasionally, whenever my Dell XPS 9700 is sleeping, it crashes and performs a hardware scan. This happens ~once/day. I ran the DMP file generated after one of these crashes through WinDBG and received the output pasted below. It looks like the Thunderbold driver is bombing...
  8. Laptop (Dell XPS 13) goes sleeping randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop (Dell XPS 13) goes sleeping randomly: My laptop goes sleeping randomly (1). I observed that right before that happens, the Power-LED flashes in yellow color (5 fast flashes). Sometimes when the LEDs flash in that way, I move the mouse to prevent the PC to go to sleep and it appears to work. Because of that...
  9. Dell XPS 8930 and 1903 Network Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell XPS 8930 and 1903 Network Issues: We have about 10 of these in Marketing. Twice now I've installed 1903 on two of them and had to roll back due to some, not all, websites not showing up. You get the Ooops, page not found error. I didn't note any sites other than Adobe.com. This was the main issue since the...
  10. Wifi issues with Dell XPS 13

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi issues with Dell XPS 13: Hello, my problem is I could connect to wifi for a very few minutes and then the yellow triangle sign started to appear. After that, I tried to connect to other networks but no network option found. I went to Settings, and my laptop froze when I pressed “Network..”. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows modern sleep dell xps

2. can the power button put the dell xps 8930 to sleep

3. xps 15 9560 sleep issue

4. windows 10 1903 update fails in dell xps 8300,
  5. sleep dell xps,
  6. xps 15 sleep mode windows 10,
  7. XPS 2720 no hibernate