Windows 10: Dell XPS Volume/Mute not working as expected

Discus and support Dell XPS Volume/Mute not working as expected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently messed with some of the settings to disable Dell's "Waves MaxxAudio" trash audio driver that comes installed on my XPS 9380. It fixed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rockerblocker, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Dell XPS Volume/Mute not working as expected

I recently messed with some of the settings to disable Dell's "Waves MaxxAudio" trash audio driver that comes installed on my XPS 9380. It fixed the horrible headphone audio filtering, but now, the mute and volume levels are acting weird. Mainly, every time I wake my computer, sounds will play whether it's on mute or not. I have to then go and re-mute the device, and then it's fine. This has been seriously annoying because I've had email notification sounds playing every time I open my laptop in a public place.

I've since went into the settings (Settings>System>Sound>Troubleshoot>Audio Enhancements) and reset everything, but to no avail. Now I have poor sound quality, and a mute function that doesn't work properly.

I don't know much about drivers, can I uninstall all of the sound stuff and install default Windows ones or something?

submitted by /u/Rockerblocker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rockerblocker, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Tendows Win User

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

The application was muted on Windows 10 with November update. Now I am using Anniversary update, on build 14393.10

The initial step did not help make Banished show up in the Volume Mixer, nor did the article.

Tendows, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Volume stuck on Mute

I have windows 7. I have done nothing to change anything but suddenly the volume is stuck on mute. I can't even access the volume key. Suggestions. I have tried going to the control panel and that did not work either.

cherylScherr, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Tjeros Win User

Dell XPS Volume/Mute not working as expected

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

I do not have an audio problem in the context of "Audio is not playing". The problem is in the fact that Volume Mixer will not show a muted app. This issue has been around since Windows 7.

If you mute an application, it will not show up in Volume Mixer next time you start it. Is there any way I could find the settings for muted applications and change those to 'unmuted'?

Tjeros, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Dell XPS Volume/Mute not working as expected

1. Dell XPS Volume/Mute not working as expected - Similar Threads - Dell XPS Volume

2. Drag and right click not working on Dell XPS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and right click not working on Dell XPS: Bought a Dell XPS 9305 about 18 months agoRecently been having problems with the touchpad/mouseintermittently the touchpad and mouse completely stop workingWhen this happens, I am able to get the touchpad and left mouse button to work again by updating the driver or...
  3. Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working: Hi,I have a Dell XPS, the wifi driver is not working. I have been in contact with both Dell and Intel about this. Intel advised that I should download the Dell driver rather than the generic driver provided by Intel. However, it seems that a Microsoft driver is being...
  4. Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working

Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working: Hi,I have a Dell XPS, the wifi driver is not working. I have been in contact with both Dell and Intel about this. Intel advised that I should download the Dell driver rather than the generic driver provided by Intel. However, it seems that a Microsoft driver is being...
  5. Volume Full or Mute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Full or Mute: Issue is volume by pressing buttons moving it up or down or dragging to change it- when it is above 0 anywhere to 100 - the actual volume coming out is exactly the same. When it is 0/mute, nothing comes out. So volume bar doesn't control or influence the actual volume, bar on...
  6. Dell XPS Touchscreen not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell XPS Touchscreen not working: Hi everyone!I have saw some posts regarding the Dell XPS 9310 and others that have touchscreen but suddenly it doesn't work anymore in Windows 10 or Windows 11.Like this post was locked, I couldn't answer to it...
  7. Dell XPS Touchscreen not working

Dell XPS Touchscreen not working: Hi everyone!I have saw some posts regarding the Dell XPS 9310 and others that have touchscreen but suddenly it doesn't work anymore in Windows 10 or Windows 11.Like this post was locked, I couldn't answer to it...
  8. volume mute not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume mute not working: When i press the mute volume button on my keyboard, it doesnt mute the volume on my computer. the button isnt the problem though. when i press it, the volume thing pops up in the top left, and shows an x in place of the number thats usually how loud the volume is, so it...
  9. Master volume on Windows 10 on my NEW Dell XPS 15 computer is not working!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Master volume on Windows 10 on my NEW Dell XPS 15 computer is not working!: My master volume when turned up or down is visibly going into a higher or lower number, but the best it can do it mute my sound or turn it up to whatever volume the app I'm using has it gauged at. I can turn up and down the volume on my apps, but the master is useless. I have...
  10. Volume/mute keys on keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume/mute keys on keyboard not working: The volume and mute keys on my keyboard are not working. However, I know it's not the keys themselves that are broken, because the F1-F3 functions work perfectly fine. The interesting thing is that they work when I have the command prompt running as an administrator and I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell xps volume mixer windows 10 volume not working