Windows 10: Dell's Checklist to Determine if Your PC is Ready For Windows 10 Update Builds (Mods Pin?)

Discus and support Dell's Checklist to Determine if Your PC is Ready For Windows 10 Update Builds (Mods Pin?) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Mods may want to pin this, This is a checklist from Dell to determine if your PC has been tested and approved for the latest Windows 10 Builds. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JackPlatt, Jun 14, 2019.

1. JackPlatt Win User

Dell's Checklist to Determine if Your PC is Ready For Windows 10 Update Builds (Mods Pin?)

Mods may want to pin this,

This is a checklist from Dell to determine if your PC has been tested and approved for the latest Windows 10 Builds. It is recommended to always wait until the offer becomes available to the user through Windows Update for best results.

Remember, that the Windows 10 New Feature update builds are now optional, until the Windows 10 build on your PC is about to expire, at which time, the latest build that is compatible with your PC will be installed automatically.

https://www.dell.com/support/articl...e-and-previous-versions-of-windows-10?lang=en

Jack

:)

JackPlatt, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Nitesh Win User

Dell's Checklist to Determine if Your PC is Ready For Windows 10 Update Builds (Mods Pin?)

Update Windows 10 to the latest build on Dell Vostro 3550

On my Dell Vostro 3550, I have updated from Windows 7 to Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and then finally to Windows 10 when it was launched. I have noticed recently that my machine is not running the latest build and is still running build 10240 which I believe is the release build.

I have tried fixing Windows update errors and updating the system to latest build, but every time it fails without giving much insight to the error. I have checked Dell Website and this model is not listed for November update here.

I want to know if someone has succeeded in updating to Windows 10 on this model and if yes, what steps can I follow to do the same. If the answer is No, please guide me with other available options.

Nitesh, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Dell's Checklist to Determine if Your PC is Ready For Windows 10 Update Builds (Mods Pin?) - Similar Threads - Dell's Checklist Determine

2. Upgrade to Windows 11 is ready for your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 11 is ready for your PC: Hello,There is a notification on my task bar that says, "Upgrade to Windows 11 is ready for your PC" near my clock and the date. It has a blue circle on what is probably an upgrade symbol. I do not want it to automatically upgrade without my permission. This happened to me...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 11 is ready for your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Windows 11 is ready for your PC: Hello,There is a notification on my task bar that says, "Upgrade to Windows 11 is ready for your PC" near my clock and the date. It has a blue circle on what is probably an upgrade symbol. I do not want it to automatically upgrade without my permission. This happened to me...
  4. Not able to determine whether your PC can run windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to determine whether your PC can run windows 10: Hello! I get an error when I upgrade my pc from windows 10 2004 to windows 10 21h1.Click here to view error Things I have tried:sfc /scannowdism tools to recover imagetried running the setup offline Please do come up with an idea to fix this. Thank you in advance!...
  5. Not able to determine whether your PC can run windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to determine whether your PC can run windows 10: Hello! I get an error when I upgrade my pc from windows 10 2004 to windows 10 21h1.Click here to view error Things I have tried:sfc /scannowdism tools to recover imagetried running the setup offline Please do come up with an idea to fix this. Thank you in advance!...
  6. Not able to determine whether your PC can run windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to get your PC ready for Windows 10 October 2020 Update

in Windows 10 News
    How to get your PC ready for Windows 10 October 2020 Update: Generally, you don’t have to make any changes to your computer for Windows 10 feature updates, but in some cases, it’s best to make sure that you don’t have underlying problems in your system that could prevent future updates. Microsoft is planning to begin the rollout of...
  8. factors that will determine if my device is ready for 1809 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    factors that will determine if my device is ready for 1809 update: hey there, it has been long time since the release of windows version 1809, and by now i did not received the update automatically (i am now on version 1803). so i want to know what are the factors that depend upon whether my device will receive the update automatically and...
  9. Your Windows 10 Update May Actually Be Ready

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Your Windows 10 Update May Actually Be Ready: This morning (update Tuesday) I was checking my systems to launch the updates and as I always do, I checked the Windows 10 Update App and it said my update was 'almost' there. Well after all of today's updates were done, I went into the Windows 8 Update status in the...
  10. Is your PC Virtual Reality Ready?

in Windows 10 News
    Is your PC Virtual Reality Ready?: The SteamVR Performance Test measures your system's rendering power using a 2-minute sequence from Valves Aperture Robot Repair VR demo. After collecting the data it determines whether your system is capable of running VR content at 90fps and whether VR content can tune the...