Windows 10: Delta Sync alive and well July 1, 2016

Discus and support Delta Sync alive and well July 1, 2016 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Oh my! I can see Microsoft used another strong arm tactic to try and move everyone to Windows 10! They rule the technology world when it comes to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mousegolf, Jun 30, 2016.

1. mousegolf Win User

Delta Sync alive and well July 1, 2016

Oh my! I can see Microsoft used another strong arm tactic to try and move everyone to Windows 10! They rule the technology world when it comes to operating systems but these tactics since Windows 10 was released should land them several class action suits. (I'm sure they were prepared for this from the get-go.)

So all of you who have switched to Windows 10 Mail, Office 365 (100 USD a year) or other email clients based on the adamant warnings we have received that Delta Sync would be terminated on June 30, 2016 is now a bunch of hooey!

I reinstalled Windows Live Mail 2012 on my other two computers in our home and everyone is as happy as can be. We all have old Hotmail accounts and they are syncing just fine.

We'll stick with WLM2012 until (or if) Microsoft makes this change to Exchange protocol. Frankly speaking I think the world gave Microsoft enough feedback about Windows Essentials being a wonderful package and how great Delta Sync worked for synchronizing folders locally and on the servers that they are rethinking this ploy to get people to buy or try Office 365 or move to Windows 10 and use "Mail".

:)

mousegolf, Jun 30, 2016
  2. Martmcd Win User

Free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8.1

Microsoft DID offer a free upgrade to windows 10, the offer was available for a whole year (July 2015 - July 2016) and was very well publicised.

the offer ended over a year ago (July 2016).

Martmcd, Jun 30, 2016
  3. HP Beats- Disk drive keeps opening by itself

1. AVG- July 12 2016

AVG web tune up- July 25 2016

2. McAfee- Nov. 25 2015

AmandaFkzoo, Jun 30, 2016
  4. Phone Man Win User

If I remember correctly MS said they would start migrating accounts on Jun 30. It may take a while to migrate all the accounts.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jun 30, 2016
  5. Yes agree with you it will take some time to move everyone over, who still uses it
    But I have already moved over and prefer 365 and Office 2016

hTconeM9user, Jun 30, 2016
  6. strollin Win User
    I just got another email from MS yesterday telling me that I will need to move to another email client by the end of July as they will be starting to migrate people after June 30th.

I'll continue to use WLM 2012 until it doesn't work anymore (then I'll try reconfiguring to use IMAP) since I haven't been able to find a mail client I like as well. I know I definitely won't be using the "modern" mail client found in Win 8.x and Win 10, entirely too devoid of features.

strollin, Jun 30, 2016
  7. lx07 Win User
    I believe that email will work with IMAP but calendar won't sync.

After a lot of prevarication I took the free Office 365 deal yesterday and am using Outlook now. Will think about replacing it next year.

Currently I prefer WLM to Outlook (combined Inbox for example) but that's progress for you I suppose.

8. Kbird Win User

I switched my Hotmail accounts to IMAP about 10 days ago and they are working fine again , though I think M$ maybe having another Junk Mail Glitch like last month , lots seemed to get through last week again.

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Delta Sync alive and well July 1, 2016 - Similar Threads - Delta Sync alive

2. All is Well (1 HR into Update)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    All is Well (1 HR into Update): Good Day all just updated to the 20H2 nothing to bad to report just took a long time to get nothing ominous just saying DME 176143
  3. OneDrive alive again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive alive again: After a botched PCMover file transfer from Windows 10 laptop to Windows 10 laptop, I see all these folders under This PC whose properties indicate OneDrive in the path. My entire Excel documents in one subfolder show 0KB although I have these files in my User backup. I did...
  4. Sync Issues with Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Sync Issues with Outlook 2016: I have Outlook 2016 on two PCs. On checking folder sizes, I've found various sync issues like the one shown below. What;s this due to a what's the solution? [img] 148922
  5. HELP - previous laptop owner stll "alive and well" in file structure!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HELP - previous laptop owner stll "alive and well" in file structure!: Hi, I hope you can help me. I have early Alzheimer's Disease and unfortunately, my IT knowledge and abilities are waning today. My father purchased a refurbished HP Notebook PC. After using it for months, he needed to run a system restore. At that time I discovered his...
  6. Sounds still cannot be customized in Win10 (2016, July)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sounds still cannot be customized in Win10 (2016, July): I copied all of my themes over from my Win7 machine, but regardless of whether I try to tweak old themes or create new ones, the "Sounds" are NOT customizable. You get a choice of "Windows default" or "No sounds"... When is this going to be fixed in Win10? (This is true as of...
  7. Outlook 2016 no longer syncs

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 no longer syncs: My Outlook software stopped receiving email near the end of last month. It thinks it is up to date and gives me no errors. I've tried the basic fixes that come up when googling this issue but nothing helped. It works on my desktop at home, it's just my laptop that doesn't...
  8. How to Keep Laptop Battery Alive and Well

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Keep Laptop Battery Alive and Well: I've read the Windows 10 tutorial on battery saver, but it doesn't seem to address what I need to know. Neither do the various threads on same. I need to know if this particular "battery saver" will preserve my battery if I leave it plugged into the wall socket 90% of the...
  9. Microsoft Bot Framework July 2016 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Bot Framework July 2016 Update: The industry is abuzz with news about bots and bot events. Of recent note, the Botness conference was a resounding success as was the Skype Hackathon held June 21-22 in the Valley. The energy and participation at these events has been inspiring and invigorating! Today, we...
  10. Windows App Studio July 16th 2016 release

in Windows 10 News
    Windows App Studio July 16th 2016 release: Hope everyone is having an awesome summer now that we’re kicking into those late July days. We just released a very fun and impactful update to Windows App Studio that will allow you to incorporate a much broader range of information into your apps. So let’s jump right in....