Windows 10: Demand for account on clean install

Discus and support Demand for account on clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did a clean install of Windows10 and it demanded account information. As I couldn't progress further without supplying this, I did so, but I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by breaker19, Feb 26, 2021.

1. breaker19 Win User

Demand for account on clean install

I did a clean install of Windows10 and it demanded account information. As I couldn't progress further without supplying this, I did so, but I don't understand it and I don't want it. Can I get rid of this?

:)

breaker19, Feb 26, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Demand for account on clean install - Similar Threads - Demand account clean

2. How to Clean Install with Work MS Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Clean Install with Work MS Account: Hello,I have an issue that I always use a workaround, but I thought I'd try to do it right this time. So, I'm reaching out to see if someone can help me.I own my own business with its own MS Business 365 apps purchased with my business email. I also have my personal family...
  3. How to Clean Install with Work MS Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Clean Install with Work MS Account: Hello,I have an issue that I always use a workaround, but I thought I'd try to do it right this time. So, I'm reaching out to see if someone can help me.I own my own business with its own MS Business 365 apps purchased with my business email. I also have my personal family...
  4. How to Clean Install with Work MS Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Files on Demand

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files on Demand: trying to uncheck this option as I want to keep everything live on this specific PC. When I try to do so get a dialogue 'all ondrive files/folders will download to this pc' which is what I want to happen. click OK and the option rechecks and files don't download????...
  6. Clean Install, no option to create Local Account

Clean Install, no option to create Local Account: I worked around this, but was wondering if any one else saw this before. I have a USB Flash drive which I created from Windows 10 64 bit ISO 1903 from Microsoft burned using Rufus as a GPT/UEFI Bios boot device. I have installed Windows 10 on other computers with this drive...
  7. Clean install with Microsoft Account question

Clean install with Microsoft Account question: Hi all, When clean installing using a Microsoft Account how does Windows 10 handle your favourites/bookmarks? I have syncing turned on. During a clean installation are my favourites/bookmarks automatically restored back in to the Edge browser during the setup process or do...
  8. Clean Install

Clean Install: I upgraded both of my PC's from Windows 8.1 Pro. If I want to do a clean install from a USB drive do I need one from each PC or will one work with both? 13120
  9. Clean install & Sign-in account, bld 1022

Clean install & Sign-in account, bld 1022: According to WinAeor the only way to create a local account when doing a clean install is to disconnect from the Internet (or not connect when the Install requests a wireless SSID). Windows 10 build 10122 forces you to use Microsoft Account During a clean install,...
  10. Clean install or not

Clean install or not: I installed W10 over virgin copies of W7 Pro on two computers. After a clean disk to get rid of all install files I will have pretty much a clean install. What would be the advantage to now do a complete clean install ? Everything seems to be working ok. 12715