Windows 10: Denied Access to Files After Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Denied Access to Files After Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After Windows 10 updated, the files on my desktop and the apps pinned to my taskbar disappeared. In addition, I no longer have permission to access,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NikoToo, Apr 2, 2021.

1. NikoToo Win User

Denied Access to Files After Windows 10 Update

After Windows 10 updated, the files on my desktop and the apps pinned to my taskbar disappeared. In addition, I no longer have permission to access, among other things, file explorer. I also do not have a security tab. I am the administrator, so any advice? Thanks.

:)

NikoToo, Apr 2, 2021

2. Windows update in windows 10 failing: datastoreandwulogfiles.zip access denied

Hello Wendy,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error messages when checking for updates?
    • Confirm the most recent KB update that your computer is trying to install. To check, refer to the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + I, then select Update & Security.
    • Go to Windows Update, select View installed update history.

Meanwhile, the issue might also occur due to corruption in Windows Update component files. We suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article.

Also, try to perform the steps below to troubleshoot the "Access Denied" error:

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2021
  4. DrPepper Win User

Denied access to files

Ok I got a pc in from a friend and he wants me to fix it, it doesn't boot up properly so I was thinking reinstall windows but first I have to save all his songs and crap. First problem it denies me access to the files on his HDD when it is hooked up to my pc .... damn. Second problem is that it is a very, very old pc nforce 2 chipset and I can't ID the board so I can't get the drivers. It won't turn on so I can't check it that way any ideas.

DrPepper, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Denied Access to Files After Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Denied Access Files

2. Access to file denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to file denied: Files from previous account held in new account but access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-file-denied/68d6af4c-32bd-4077-885c-45af79360b2e
  3. denied access to files after reinstalling windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    denied access to files after reinstalling windows.: Hello,I believe this to be a Security and Privacy issue but I could be wrong.I've searched for the following error: "you do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission" but none of the approaches I've read have...
  4. denied access to files after reinstalling windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    denied access to files after reinstalling windows.: Hello,I believe this to be a Security and Privacy issue but I could be wrong.I've searched for the following error: "you do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission" but none of the approaches I've read have...
  5. denied access to files after reinstalling windows.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. file access denied windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file access denied windows 10: windows 10 permission type deny on files after update there are all kinds of answers to how to fix this but what i want is it happened in the first placethere are several file on my pc now that have the with the type deny and account everyone so that the only way i can...
  7. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Access Denied: I am trying to add a comment to a URL shortcut on my desktop. So, I right click the file, choose Properties, then Details. I fill in the Description field. I hit Apply and get: File Access Denied - You'll need to provide administrator permission to apply properties to this...
  8. NVCPL.DLL access denied after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVCPL.DLL access denied after windows update: I started getting this error after updating windows sept-2020. Just updated the latest NVidia drivers, hoping it would go away. It did not. After rebooting, the error still appears. It is a GTX1070 card. Please resolve the issue with the least discomfort, as I did not...
  9. WSL Access is denied after updating to Windows 10 - 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WSL Access is denied after updating to Windows 10 - 2004: On my Windows 10 - 1909 the Windows Subsystem for Linux was working. After updating to Windows 10 - 2004 I'm getting "Access is denied". I'm running as local admin. Error happens when I using start menu icon, or open cmd as admin. I've tried removing the WSL feature,...
  10. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Support
    File Access Denied: I get the following message when I try to 'save, 'save as' or 'paste': File Access Denied You require permission from Unix User\nobody to make changes to this file. I have no idea was to what causes this nor have I made any security changes. Any ideas? 29590