Windows 10: "Denied access to network" error when trying to reconnect to mobile hotspot

Discus and support "Denied access to network" error when trying to reconnect to mobile hotspot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using my PC's mobile hotspot to get better internet to my phone, it works fine when I first start it, but whenever I leave the network range and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DexterMcSnuggles, Dec 2, 2020.

1. "Denied access to network" error when trying to reconnect to mobile hotspot

I'm using my PC's mobile hotspot to get better internet to my phone, it works fine when I first start it, but whenever I leave the network range and come back, my phone can't reconnect to the hotspot, I'm forced to restart the hotspot which takes quite a while for some reason.

Are there any settings I can change to fix this?

submitted by /u/DexterMcSnuggles
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DexterMcSnuggles, Dec 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 hotspot Denied access to network

Try following these steps:

try to enable / disable ICS: Go to Network Connections, access the properties of the network adapter connected to the internet> Sharing tab, enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) then confirm by pressing OK (skip this step if ICS is already enabled).
    Return to the Sharing tab, disable ICS and confirm by pressing OK then go to Settings> Network and Internet enable the Mobile Hotspot and try again.

Note: When using the Windows 10 Integrated Hotspot Mobile feature, the check boxes on the Sharing tab must remain cleared otherwise the Mobile Hotspot will not function.

If the problem persists, try temporarily uninstalling any third party Firewall / Antivirus or VPN software and try again.

franco d'esaro, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Windows not discovering mobile hotspot

I think you have already answered both of the other points I would have checked so I have nothing else useful to suggest -
    - Your computer can detect other 2.4GHz networks/hotspots
    - Other computers can detect your phone's 2.4GHz hotspot

I have deliberately altered some Windows settings to hide unwanted local networks [not just stop any connection to them but hide them from appearing in the list of available networks]. But you have not been taking similar measures or you would have said so.

As a final check, see if your phone's mobile hotspot appears in the list of detected networks using
    NirSoft WiFiInfoView

Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, Dec 2, 2020
  4. "Denied access to network" error when trying to reconnect to mobile hotspot

Mobile hotspot No network access

Hi,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your PC to your WiFi.
    • Right-click on the WiFi tray and click on Open network and sharing center.
    • Click on Change adapter settings which is present at the left side of the window.
    • Right-click on your WiFi and click on Properties, then click on the
      Sharing tab.
    • Check the box next to Allow other network to connect through this computer's internet and
      Allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet and click
      OK.
    • Go to Settings > Network & Internet >
      Mobile Hotspot
      and turn it on.

• After you turn on the hotspot, go back to the Change adapter settings window. You will find a connection called
      Local area connection* 20. The number 20 may differ.
    • Do step 4 again. In Sharing tab below the first checkbox, select the
      Local area connection* 20 from the drop-down.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

"Denied access to network" error when trying to reconnect to mobile hotspot

1. "Denied access to network" error when trying to reconnect to mobile hotspot - Similar Threads - Denied access network

2. Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot: For a couple months I've used the hosted network option for my ethernet, to turn it into a wifi connection for devices I use. Now, the hosted networking turns on fine, and my devices connect to it and work all the same, but my PC's ethernet connection falls dead, with my...
  3. No internet access for Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet access for Mobile Hotspot: About a week ago i had an issue where when i turned on my pcs mobile hotspot it would say no Internet access, after 6 hours with Microsoft tech support the fixed it... only for it to come again as soon as i did a windows update.this is what happens when i turn on my mobile...
  4. Mobile hotspot restricting network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile hotspot restricting network: I am a windows 11 user. This issue only started recently, where whenever I switch on mobile hotspot in my laptop, I am able to use the network in the device I'm connected to, but except for some websitesgoogle and youtube as far as I've seen, webpages and apps that use a...
  5. Mobile hotspot restricting network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile hotspot restricting network: I am a windows 11 user. This issue only started recently, where whenever I switch on mobile hotspot in my laptop, I am able to use the network in the device I'm connected to, but except for some websitesgoogle and youtube as far as I've seen, webpages and apps that use a...
  6. Windows 10 hotspot Denied access to network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 hotspot Denied access to network: Dear MS, I have very big unsolved issue which I have searched a lot for it, I work in a company the provide Internet through Ethernet cable, I will share it again through Hotspot via Netsh wlan hosted network,It works fine , the problem is when my phone or any other...
  7. Can't access the mobile hotspot tab in the network settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access the mobile hotspot tab in the network settings: So I've been using my laptop as a hotspot for my phone and other devices and has been working ok until now. For some reason, I can't suddenly access the mobile hotspot tab in the network settings. Whenever I click on it, it just gets highlighted and just closes on it's own...
  8. Cannot reconnect to mobile hotspot

Cannot reconnect to mobile hotspot: I connected my phone to windows mobile hotspot. I walked away until it's disconnected, then back to my laptop. My phone cant connect to mobile hotspot anymore. I saw my phone in devices list, but my phone not connected to that hotspot at all. How to fix this?...
  9. Mobile hotspot and network problems

Mobile hotspot and network problems: Hi, recently my computer had a network issue where wifi connection was not an option anymore anywhere in my computer. Ever since that I have restarted my computer as well as reset all my network settings which did fix the wifi issue but led to my mobile hotspot on my computer...
  10. can not access mobile hotspot

can not access mobile hotspot: When ever i update my windows then after I unable to access mobile hotspot option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-access-mobile-hotspot/98d7c862-d62f-4320-9bf7-f0c8cb1d99b6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to fix denied access to network

2. my laptop denied to connect to internet