Windows 10: Denied attempt to delete unused folder in WIN10 task scheduler.

Discus and support Denied attempt to delete unused folder in WIN10 task scheduler. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings. Doing some house cleaning and found this folder "NCH Software" in the task scheduler. Denied deletion because of insufficient UAC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MachineLanguage, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Denied attempt to delete unused folder in WIN10 task scheduler.

Greetings. Doing some house cleaning and found this folder "NCH Software" in the task scheduler. Denied deletion because of insufficient UAC permissions. I am using admin privileges and tried it in safe mode but was informed the task scheduler is not available in safe mode. Logged on with hidden admin account but got same results. Thoughts anyone? Thanks.*Cool

:)

MachineLanguage, Sep 24, 2019

2. Denied attempt to delete unused folder in WIN10 task scheduler.

Greetings. Doing some house cleaning and found this folder "NCH Software" in the task scheduler. Denied deletion because of insufficient UAC permissions. I am using admin privileges and tried it in safe mode but was informed the task scheduler is not available in safe mode. Logged on with hidden admin account but got same results. Thoughts anyone? Thanks.*Cool

3. Bree Win User
    Denied attempt to delete unused folder in WIN10 task scheduler.

Yow will have to go into the registry.

Seach the registry for the name of the task. You will find the key will be under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks and be named with a random GUID. You will then need to take ownership of this key in order to grant yourself the permissions needed to delete it.

Change Owner of File, Folder, Drive, or Registry Key in Windows 10

4. Denied attempt to delete unused folder in WIN10 task scheduler.

Very much appreciate your input. In agreement regarding NCH software. Bought a few of their utilities a few years ago and inadvertendtly reinstalled one a few months ago. Did not notice the entry into Task Scheduler until today. There are not any tasks in this folder though. I may have to review the registry to delete this. I will mark this threat closed when I figure it out. Thank You.

Thema:

1. Denied attempt to delete unused folder in WIN10 task scheduler. - Similar Threads - Denied attempt delete

2. Access denied when attempting to delete folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied when attempting to delete folder: I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10, some time ago, and I wanted to delete the Windows.old folder--since I no longer need it.I was stopped by an "access denied" message. And yes, I am in ADMINISTRATOR mode, since I AM the owner of this machine.Really? I'm being denied...
  3. Access denied when attempting to delete folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied when attempting to delete folder: I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10, some time ago, and I wanted to delete the Windows.old folder--since I no longer need it.I was stopped by an "access denied" message. And yes, I am in ADMINISTRATOR mode, since I AM the owner of this machine.Really? I'm being denied...
  4. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted task scheduler task: Hi,I Accidentally deleted StartComponentCleanup in Task Scheduler. Is it possible to recover or re-create the deleted task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-task-scheduler-task/0866d10b-9ef7-4bb7-8f0a-56b848500fa9
  5. Deleted task scheduler task

Deleted task scheduler task: Hi,I Accidentally deleted StartComponentCleanup in Task Scheduler. Is it possible to recover or re-create the deleted task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-task-scheduler-task/0866d10b-9ef7-4bb7-8f0a-56b848500fa9
  6. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Win10 Task scheduler $%#*&#$%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Task scheduler $%#*&#$%: After setting up my new computer I tried to get ^*&%#% Win10 to run Chess Titans from Win7 by using the Compatibility Wizard, when that didn't work, I tried compatibility with WinVista... that didn't work. After posting a question here I gave up.Still in the process of...
  8. Win10 Task scheduler $%#*&#$%

Win10 Task scheduler $%#*&#$%: After setting up my new computer I tried to get ^*&%#% Win10 to run Chess Titans from Win7 by using the Compatibility Wizard, when that didn't work, I tried compatibility with WinVista... that didn't work. After posting a question here I gave up.Still in the process of...
  9. Win10 Task scheduler $%#*&#$%

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Delete unused user folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete unused user folders.: I have two user accounts on my Wndows 10 desktop; mine and Administrator. As I am short of space on the C: drive I would like to remove folders named 'Default' and 'Public'. Can I simply delete these two folders without affecting the operation of my PC? Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 GPO Cannot create a file when that file already exists 1085