Windows 10: Denied Permission to Access My New M.2 Drive

Discus and support Denied Permission to Access My New M.2 Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new Western Digital Blue 1TB M.2 2280 SSD. I tripled checked that it works with my available motherboard slots and all that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by skwergles, Apr 5, 2020.

1. skwergles Win User

Denied Permission to Access My New M.2 Drive

I recently purchased a new Western Digital Blue 1TB M.2 2280 SSD. I tripled checked that it works with my available motherboard slots and all that stuff, but I'm still having issues with Windows.

When I click on the drive it says "You don't have permission to access this folder" and tells me to click the continue button to gain access. When I do that, it says "You have been denied permission to access this folder" and instructs me to find the security tab in the properties which is also what countless people online have said to do. Buuuuuut, there's no security tab there.

I then tried going into the administrative command prompt and putting in "takeown /f G:\ /a /r /d y" G is the disk letter and it responds "ERROR: File ownership cannot be applied on insecure file systems; there is no support for ACLs. From what I understand, I need to remove ACLs on this drive in order to be able to access it, but I have no idea how and I'm really struggling to find anyone with similar issues.

If anyone has had similar issues or just has an idea or somewhere to point me to please share, anything helps.

:)

skwergles, Apr 5, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Unable to access a folder, it denies permission

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with permission.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.1. Is the issue specific with a particular folder?

2. What is the complete error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Corrupt User Account.

• Damaged files.

I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 1:
    I get an "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 5, 2020
  3. EsMj Win User
    Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

EsMj, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

You do not have permission to access \\PC123

Hello YvesB,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Step 1: As you have mentioned, that you are unable to access few particular folders, I would suggest you to go ahead and give permissions to that particular folder which is giving you access denied error. Maybe you are getting
    access denied error due to permission settings. Once when the file or a folder has a permission, you will be able to access it within the Network.

Step 2: I would suggest you to follow the article which talks about -
    Access Denied or other errors when you access or work
    with files and folders in Windows.

Access Denied or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Denied Permission to Access My New M.2 Drive - Similar Threads - Denied Permission Access

2. New M.2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New M.2: Greetings,I've recently installed a second M.2 First one is my primary C: I installed a few games and it was working fine for a few days.Then suddenly it would Bluescreen Crash and restart my Windows 11 every time i would start a game.I installed and ran CrystalDiskMark and...
  3. New M.2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New M.2: Greetings,I've recently installed a second M.2 First one is my primary C: I installed a few games and it was working fine for a few days.Then suddenly it would Bluescreen Crash and restart my Windows 11 every time i would start a game.I installed and ran CrystalDiskMark and...
  4. Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !: Drive J not accessible. Access is denied.Tried Disk Management to check the status. Properties says that I need Read permission to view. When I accessed advanced settings for permissions, it says that I do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission...
  5. Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !: Drive J not accessible. Access is denied.Tried Disk Management to check the status. Properties says that I need Read permission to view. When I accessed advanced settings for permissions, it says that I do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission...
  6. Permission access to files denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permission access to files denied: Hi, i wish to ask after the windows 10 update on 10/12/20. I'm currently unable to delete the files in my pc while keep encountering the problem Folder Access Denied stating I'm not the user of the PC while I'm the only user I'm only able to have access to my desktop,...
  7. Drive is not accessible. Access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drive is not accessible. Access denied: Disk D: is not accessible. Access is denied on Windows 10 – How to Fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-is-not-accessible-access-denied/dfe8d92f-d621-4acb-973c-c4075eb98b2b
  8. My C drive is not accessible - Access is Denied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My C drive is not accessible - Access is Denied: My little brother was on my PC, and I guess he fucked around with my administrator settings, now I can't access my c drive. I tried to make another account, didn't work. I would try to open something like a task manager, and it would say windows couldn't access it. If I tried...
  9. Access denied local drive after changing permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access denied local drive after changing permission: Hello I was trying to change access under security tab in properties to my local disk S: However I messed up the process and now I am unable to access the whole drive. I have run chkdsk in cmd after dismounting and it is showing no error. Please note after initiating the...
  10. Access Denied when changing permissions on C: drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access Denied when changing permissions on C: drive: Hey, just trying to allow my applications to write in certain files, so i changed some security settings, and then clicked apply and boof, it gives me this... how tf is it DENYING Me Access!?? Is windows stupid? or am i not really administrator... this is killing me, and my...