Windows 10: denuvo and others

Discus and support denuvo and others in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi if you are a gamer you have probably heard the arguments raging about id and bethesda and there introduction of the DENUVO ANTI CHEAT software in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NocturnalPage52, May 23, 2020.

1. denuvo and others

Hi if you are a gamer you have probably heard the arguments raging about id and bethesda and there introduction of the DENUVO ANTI CHEAT software in the game doon eternal the software like others writes to kernel zero on your pc which now opens up a whole debate as you the end user donot know information is being gathered for instance if this code is compromised all your banking email and any thing stored on your pc can be accessed.

my questions are

1 should theses companies be allowed to access this level in the first place

2 who is monitoring there activities

3 how do you monitor what files they are accessing

4 should microsoft be stopping them from this level of access

I know there are trusted companies out there but all it takes is one bad apple inside to leak all your information and cause real harm and yes we have seen it before

it should also be noted that some of these programs actually damage your pc some by shortening the lifespan of your ssd drive others by interfering with the motherboard cpu software

so to cap in all these type of programs pose a real security issue so what is being done ?

:)

NocturnalPage52, May 23, 2020

2. Denuvo on Rise of the Tomb Raider?

The Microsoft Store is believed to completely uninstall apps with one click. The Store page for the game lacks mention of Denuvo. It would seem that having Denuvo would violate these things.

Player077505172, May 23, 2020
  3. Denuvo on Rise of the Tomb Raider?

I cannot find an official answer to the question of whether or not the Windows Store version of Rise of the Tomb Raider has Denuvo. If anyone has a link to the official documentation regarding Denuvo and the Windows Store version of Rise of the Tomb Raider,
    please share it with me. Thanks.

Player077505172, May 23, 2020
  4. BossDweeb Win User

denuvo and others

Denuvo on Rise of the Tomb Raider?

"The Store page for the game lacks mention of Denuvo"

- I wouldn't know because I have avoided using the MS Store, but do they show what form of DRM is used in
    any game ?

Remember, MS created one of the most reviled forms of DRM - GFWL . Do you think they care if a game uses Denuvo ?

"The Microsoft Store is believed to completely uninstall apps with one click"

I don't follow. What does the way the MS Store client functions relate to Denuvo, and whether a games uses it ?

This particular form of DRM is probably even more woven into the games that use it than the one used in the Batman series

(and a few others), which cause games to go slow or crash at various points in the game where they have recurring DRM checks

(and which sometimes caused problems for those with legit copies). It would cost a lot to remove these complex forms of copy protection.

After so many buggy problematic and invasive forms of DRM over the years that developer/publishers still insist on punishing

legitimate buyers of their games, while those who pirate are laughing.

I suppose part of that is because gamers haven't been strong enough in boycotting games that use these particularly offensive

forms of DRM ?

Our wallets are the only way we can get back at the developer/publishers (& MS) anti-legit consumer attitudes.

btw - I just noticed your name change. Changing names and starting a new thread on what is basically the same topic is not going

to get you a better answer. Double posting is more likely to just see you having to read the same suggestions again.

If you want to expand on the topic, it's better to stick with your original thread, and bump it with another post if you must.

BossDweeb, May 23, 2020
Thema:

denuvo and others

1. denuvo and others - Similar Threads - denuvo others

2. Do I use the cmd prompt on my computer or the other computers in my company?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I use the cmd prompt on my computer or the other computers in my company?: I’m trying to set up azure virtual desktop and they want me to get Remote Desktop Client. For enterprise set up they give me the options in the picture and my question is who’s computer does this line go to.?....
  3. Do I use the cmd prompt on my computer or the other computers in my company?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I use the cmd prompt on my computer or the other computers in my company?: I’m trying to set up azure virtual desktop and they want me to get Remote Desktop Client. For enterprise set up they give me the options in the picture and my question is who’s computer does this line go to.?....
  4. My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...: My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send print command not print issue so please provide me solution Regards,Hareshwar Naik...
  5. My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...

My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...: My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send print command not print issue so please provide me solution Regards,Hareshwar Naik...
  6. My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How to create shortcuts in different ways other then file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create shortcuts in different ways other then file explorer: Hi!I need help,I need to create a shortcut for MCAFEE AV antivirus, Microsoft edge, and VMware Workstation 17 - a virtual machine platform that runs windows - mac - linuxI'm running windows 11I am unable to find them at file explorer nor start, However they are installed as i...
  8. How to create shortcuts in different ways other then file explorer

How to create shortcuts in different ways other then file explorer: Hi!I need help,I need to create a shortcut for MCAFEE AV antivirus, Microsoft edge, and VMware Workstation 17 - a virtual machine platform that runs windows - mac - linuxI'm running windows 11I am unable to find them at file explorer nor start, However they are installed as i...
  9. DENUVO and others software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DENUVO and others software: Hi if you are a gamer you have probably heard the arguments raging about id and bethesda and there introduction of the DENUVO ANTI CHEAT software in the game doon eternal the software like others writes to kernel zero on your pc which now opens up a whole debate as you the...
  10. Denuvo on Rise of the Tomb Raider?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Denuvo on Rise of the Tomb Raider?: I cannot find an official answer to the question of whether or not the Windows Store version of Rise of the Tomb Raider has Denuvo. If anyone has a link to the official documentation regarding Denuvo and the Windows Store version of Rise of the Tomb Raider, please share it...