Windows 10: Denying access/unable to view/open particular folders in Windows 10.

Discus and support Denying access/unable to view/open particular folders in Windows 10. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all, I am hoping someone could advise me how to prevent other users within a Family group from viewing/opening particular folders on my laptop... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by The Selector 10, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Denying access/unable to view/open particular folders in Windows 10.

Hi all,

I am hoping someone could advise me how to prevent other users within a Family group from viewing/opening particular folders on my laptop which I am the main user of. I have tried denying access to a particular folder but for some reason this is not working. A step-by-step procedure would be most helpful.

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post.

:)

The Selector 10, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Unable to access a folder, it denies permission

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with permission.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.1. Is the issue specific with a particular folder?

2. What is the complete error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Corrupt User Account.

• Damaged files.

I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 1:
    I get an "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Jose Est Win User

Denying access/unable to view/open particular folders in Windows 10.

Destination Folder Access Denied

Hi,

There are times that you may run into the issue of being unable to open or access or work with files and folder. The common message that flashes on your computer screen when you try doing so reads: "Access Denied."

This can occur for one or more of the following reasons:

• The folder ownership may have changed.
    • You do not have the proper permissions.
    • The file may be encrypted.
    • The file may be in use.
    • The file may be corrupt.
    • The user profile may be corrupt.
    To resolve this issue, the first step is to run CHKDSK. It detects and fix disk corruption. To run CHKDSK, follow these steps:

• Press Win+X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the window that opens enter your CHKDSK command.
    Get back to us to if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Denying access/unable to view/open particular folders in Windows 10.

1. Denying access/unable to view/open particular folders in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Denying access unable

2. Denied Folder Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Denied Folder Access: I am the sole administrator on my computer and there are also no other users, and when I click "security tab", it won't let me configure user access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-folder-access/e4b38c4a-8106-4783-96d4-8c2c6a35f528
  3. Unable to Access Win user video folder Access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Access Win user video folder Access denied: I am using Win 10 21H1. I create videos and by default I store them in C:Users\myname\Videos If I open a file it won't let me save it. Every time I try the folder is set to read only. I have permissions set to Full Access set but if I remove read only when I next check it...
  4. Unable to Access Win user video folder Access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Access Win user video folder Access denied: I am using Win 10 21H1. I create videos and by default I store them in C:Users\myname\Videos If I open a file it won't let me save it. Every time I try the folder is set to read only. I have permissions set to Full Access set but if I remove read only when I next check it...
  5. Folder Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Access Denied: When I try to delete an old windows 10 download it keeps saying "You require permission from DESKTOP-Name\my name to make changes to this folder. I already have take ownership of everything in it. But I still can't delete anything. [IMG]...
  6. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: I have a folder under Users/<Me>/Pictures that I need to rename but am unable to. I get the following error: [ATTACH] NOTE: I am this user and also "own" the folder: [ATTACH] How do I resolve this? Any ideas?...
  7. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: Hi, I keep receiving a pop-up box that tells me I need permission to perform this action. Why am I getting this when I am signed in as administrator? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-access-denied/c4b15789-9e65-47ab-afe0-04de0692824a
  8. One particular Folder not accessible

One particular Folder not accessible: Hello dear Members, One particular folder is not opening on windows 10. I have completed the following scans: sfc /scannow and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" as suggested by Windows Advisor but still that folder is not opening. This issue surfaced on...
  9. Unable to access a particular website

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to access a particular website: Hi to all I am having an issue and need some help please. Earlier today I was given admin access to a website to assist with some forums there. I was told to enter my username and a password (given by site for admin access ) then enter my normal user/password details. I...
  10. "Access is Denied" when trying to view contents of shared folder

"Access is Denied" when trying to view contents of shared folder: So I bit the bullet and "upgraded" my laptop from Windows 7 to 10. I expected to find a few things that didn't work anymore, but not so soon as this. I keep it in sync with my desktop PC (running XP) by net-sharing its hard drive, with permission for full control granted to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unable to remove the particular folder from internal drive in windows 10