Windows 10: DependOnService refers to a non-existent service

Discus and support DependOnService refers to a non-existent service in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I noticed that default Windows 10 installation has: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UcmUcsi [DependOnService] = UcmCx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dragocas, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Dragocas Win User

DependOnService refers to a non-existent service

Hi,

I noticed that default Windows 10 installation has:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UcmUcsi [DependOnService] = UcmCx

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iagpio [DependOnService] = GPIOClx

At the same time service database has no records about 'UcmCx' and 'GPIOClx'.

It has only these services:

- UcmCx0101

- GPIOClx0101

Is this a bug?

Or it is some kind of "DependOnService" behaviour that not require exact name of service?

Thanks,

Alex.

:)

Dragocas, Aug 17, 2018
  2. Dragokas Win User

Hi,

I noticed that default Windows 10 installation has:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UcmUcsi [DependOnService] = UcmCx

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iagpio [DependOnService] = GPIOClx

At the same time service database has no records about 'UcmCx' and 'GPIOClx'.

It has only these services:

- UcmCx0101

- GPIOClx0101

Is this a bug?

Or it is some kind of "DependOnService" behaviour that not require exact name of service?

Thanks,

Alex.

Dragokas, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Melvis Win User
    PC Cant Obtain a IP Address, Need some advice!

Step 1: Click START button
    Step 2: In the Search area, type "regedt32" (of course don't include the ""), right click on the search result and "Run as Administrator".

Step 3: Click on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", should expand out to a list of stuff
    Step 4: Next choose "SYSTEM", should expand again
    Step 5: Choose "CurrentControlSet", expands again
    Step 6: Choose "Services", expands to a super large list of stuff

Step 7: Click on "Dhcp", the right window will show the files in that folder
    Step 8: Double click on "DependOnService"
    Step 9: Delete all the words in text area, except "Afd", and click OK. You are done here

Step 10: Next under "Services", look for "EapHost", this should be a few folders below Dhcp Step 11: Same thing, double click on the file "DependOnService"
    Step 12: Delete everything in the text are and click OK. You are done.

Now, close everything and RESTART WINDOWS. Your WLan should be back and working once your computer starts. Hope this saves you like it saved me. Thanks to original poster for the wonderful resolution. Your post was almost too obscure to find, but I'm glad this is SOLVED! I'll be spreading the word around to save people from the constant agony of WLAN SVC going balistic every time after a registry cleanup."

THIS^ FIXED IT!! yay thanks everyone!!

Melvis, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Infinity9 Win User

Non-reference GPU upgrade help.

Problem of non ref card is :

Hot air of non-reference cooler models In the case gets blown !

This can be a problem *Rockout :rockout:

Infinity9, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

1. DependOnService refers to a non-existent service - Similar Threads - DependOnService refers non

2. Move app from non existent monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move app from non existent monitor: Last time I used an app, I had 2nd monitor plugged into laptop. Used app on 2nd monitor and closed it. Not at home and open app on laptop without 2nd monitor. App shows up in task bar but not on desktop. How do I get it to move back to the laptop. When I get back...
  3. "Specified service does not exist as an installed service"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Specified service does not exist as an installed service": Hello. I've been having trouble with my Pc. When I'm downloading or try to open certain things, it tells me "Specified service does not exist as an installed service." I'm not sure when this problem started. I am unable to update Windows as well. I can't run Command Prompt as...
  4. An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

in Windows 10 News
    An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your Windows File Explorer has stopped working and you see an error while trying to open it – An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist, then this post may be able to help you. [...] This post An attempt was made to reference a token...
  5. Activity Reporting error non-existent device

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Activity Reporting error non-existent device: Hi, I am seeking assistance with Microsoft Family (which has been problematic ever since windows 10). Currently we have a child account which is reporting an error under Activity Reporting for a non-existent device. The non-existent device (old laptop) had previously...
  6. The non-existing MSE is still updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The non-existing MSE is still updating: Hello All, I've removed MSE 4.10, then replced it with McAfee 16.0 on Dec. 13-th. What puzzels me that MSE is still updating the non-existing app. [ATTACH] Any advice? Thank you csoros...
  7. The non-existing MSE is still updateting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The non-existing MSE is still updateting: Hello All, I've removed MSE 4.10, then replced it with McAfee 16.0 on Dec. 13-th. What puzzels me that MSE is still updating the non-existing app. [ATTACH] Any advice? Thank you csoros...
  8. Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist: I AM USING WINDOWS 10, WHEN I AM TRYING TO OPEN ANY FOLDER Error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist PLEASE HELP ME...
  9. Help: Non-existent user displayed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help: Non-existent user displayed: Hello, it's me again with a new problem. After a migration from a drive to another one (with Paragon) for one day all was OK. Yesterday I started to move the system folders (pictures, downloads, videos). The first mistake I think it was the NOT have created a photo...
  10. Non-Existent memory being used

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Non-Existent memory being used: Okay, Well windows 10 is giving me crap. I have two memory slots, 1 is being used. It tells me that i'm using, like 2.0 GB out of 1.6GB. What? I disabled page-file for much faster speed, and it worked. But i'm not even using 1GB in memory, even when i plus all the memory used...