Windows 10: DependOnService refers to a non-existent service

Discus and support DependOnService refers to a non-existent service in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I noticed that default Windows 10 installation has: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UcmUcsi [DependOnService] = UcmCx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dragocas, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Dragocas Win User

DependOnService refers to a non-existent service

Hi,

I noticed that default Windows 10 installation has:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UcmUcsi [DependOnService] = UcmCx

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iagpio [DependOnService] = GPIOClx

At the same time service database has no records about 'UcmCx' and 'GPIOClx'.

It has only these services:

- UcmCx0101

- GPIOClx0101

Is this a bug?

Or it is some kind of "DependOnService" behaviour that not require exact name of service?

Thanks,

Alex.

:)

Dragocas, Aug 17, 2018
  2. Dragokas Win User

Hi,

I noticed that default Windows 10 installation has:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UcmUcsi [DependOnService] = UcmCx

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iagpio [DependOnService] = GPIOClx

At the same time service database has no records about 'UcmCx' and 'GPIOClx'.

It has only these services:

- UcmCx0101

- GPIOClx0101

Is this a bug?

Or it is some kind of "DependOnService" behaviour that not require exact name of service?

Thanks,

Alex.

Dragokas, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Melvis Win User
    PC Cant Obtain a IP Address, Need some advice!

Step 1: Click START button
    Step 2: In the Search area, type "regedt32" (of course don't include the ""), right click on the search result and "Run as Administrator".

Step 3: Click on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", should expand out to a list of stuff
    Step 4: Next choose "SYSTEM", should expand again
    Step 5: Choose "CurrentControlSet", expands again
    Step 6: Choose "Services", expands to a super large list of stuff

Step 7: Click on "Dhcp", the right window will show the files in that folder
    Step 8: Double click on "DependOnService"
    Step 9: Delete all the words in text area, except "Afd", and click OK. You are done here

Step 10: Next under "Services", look for "EapHost", this should be a few folders below Dhcp Step 11: Same thing, double click on the file "DependOnService"
    Step 12: Delete everything in the text are and click OK. You are done.

Now, close everything and RESTART WINDOWS. Your WLan should be back and working once your computer starts. Hope this saves you like it saved me. Thanks to original poster for the wonderful resolution. Your post was almost too obscure to find, but I'm glad this is SOLVED! I'll be spreading the word around to save people from the constant agony of WLAN SVC going balistic every time after a registry cleanup."

THIS^ FIXED IT!! yay thanks everyone!!

Melvis, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Infinity9 Win User

Non-reference GPU upgrade help.

Problem of non ref card is :

Hot air of non-reference cooler models In the case gets blown !

This can be a problem *Rockout :rockout:

Infinity9, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

1. DependOnService refers to a non-existent service - Similar Threads - DependOnService refers non

2. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non existent drive: I had an external drive that failed and was removed from the system. It still shows in my explorer tree. I went to windows security and said to scan the non- existent drive expecting to get an "error" of some type. Instead, I got results that said it scanned 18103 files in 17...
  3. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non existent drive: I had an external drive that failed and was removed from the system. It still shows in my explorer tree. I went to windows security and said to scan the non- existent drive expecting to get an "error" of some type. Instead, I got results that said it scanned 18103 files in 17...
  4. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. microphone is non existant

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microphone is non existant: I cannot get the microphone to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-non-existant/40debec0-8ed5-4693-8fca-3a5a8508e323
  6. microphone is non existant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone is non existant: I cannot get the microphone to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-non-existant/40debec0-8ed5-4693-8fca-3a5a8508e323
  7. microphone is non existant

8. Non existent account

Non existent account: Hello, today I tried to login to my minecraft via my microsoft account, I had the same one for years. But now it says it doesnt exist, i cant do anything because everytime i write the email adress, its non existent. So I tried couple of things and I found out someone complete...
  9. A non-existent problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    A non-existent problem: Every time I switch my laptop on I get the following message : " Microsoft account problem we need to fix the problem go to settings to fix the problem " Every time for the last two months I go to settings and fix the supposed problem and get a message back saying that your...
  10. The Workstation Service DependOnService aa key

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Workstation Service DependOnService aa key: После перезагрузки компьютера на указанном ключе появились записи аа и компьютеры не видны в домене, У кого какие идеи? Из за чего может появиться такая проблема?...