Windows 10: Deploy Secfurity baselines profiles from Intune to Azure VM resources

Discus and support Deploy Secfurity baselines profiles from Intune to Azure VM resources in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I would like to deploy some Security baselines to Servers in our Azure enviroments.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Admin Alain Diaz Quesada, May 26, 2023.

1. Deploy Secfurity baselines profiles from Intune to Azure VM resources

Hi I would like to deploy some Security baselines to Servers in our Azure enviroments.

:)

Admin Alain Diaz Quesada, May 26, 2023

2. Autopilot Profiles: Azure /Intune.

In the Microsoft Partner Center Dashboard I am able to both create and configure Autopilot profiles and (once it’s working) register devices to apply those Autopilot profiles to.

In the Azure Intune Dashboard I am able to do the exact same functions as mentioned above in the Microsoft Partner Center by navigating:

• Open Azure
    • Open InTune
    • Click Device Enrollment
    • Click Windows Enrollment
    • In this GUI there are options for Windows Autopilot

The odd thing is that for the same customer I can configure Autopilot in two different places. Additionally, if I create a profile in one location, it does not propagate to the other. I can have two completely different profiles in each place.

How is it determined which is the profile that will be used for Autopilot if I have one in each place? Is one being phased out? Thanks for any information that you can provide.

Also, what would happen if we had a device from a completely different source than Ingram? Like we inherited a client that already had PC’s, and we wanted to onboard them with the Azure/InTune stack? Would we not be able to register
    those devices? I don’t think Ingram would interested in taking requests for devices that they didn’t even sell.

Thank you.

JohneSanchez4994, May 26, 2023
  3. Migrating On Prem VM to Azure

Hi Experts, We have a requirement of moving out VMs as is in Azure from Current On-Prem and the process we are following is

1. Create a RAW image from an on-prem VM.
    2. Convert the RAW image to VHD.
    3. Move the VHD file to Azure Storage.
    4. Convert the Disks to managed disks.
    5. Mount the OS disk to the C drive and other disks respectively.
    Issue - Once we mount the OS disk we are not able to RDP to the machine we have followed the steps suggested in the below links and as usual there are millions of documents and none point in the right direction unfrotunately.

Links followed to figure out options to get this done -

Prepare a Windows VHD to upload to Azure - Azure Virtual Machines | Microsoft Docs - Microsoft documentation.

Attach an existing OS disk to a VM - Azure Virtual Machines - Microsoft documentation.

Upload a VHD to Azure and create a virtual machine - Stephanie Kahlam - Some helpful people created this and

We have tried options

1. Created image from managed disk and tried to initiate the VM and got exception as below
      Provisioning failed.
      OS Provisioning for VM 'demo-1' did not finish in the allotted time. However, the VM guest agent was detected running. This suggests the guest OS has not been properly prepared to be used as a VM image (with CreateOption=FromImage). To resolve this issue, either use the VHD as is with CreateOption=Attach or prepare it properly for use as an image:
      * Instructions for Windows:
      https://azure.microsoft.com/documentation/articles/virtual-machines-windows-upload-image/
      * Instructions for Linux:
      https://azure.microsoft.com/documentation/articles/virtual-machines-linux-capture-image/.

and
      the suggested solution 1 to use CreateOption=Attach creates the VM but does not allow us to RDP to the machine so we are assuming it's not booting up. The other option suggested in the hyperlink is to create image using SysPrep which is not an option for us as we are performing a lift and shift.
    I would like to get some guidance from experts on to the right process to follow.

Dalbir Singh (dalbir.monga), May 26, 2023
  4. Deploy Secfurity baselines profiles from Intune to Azure VM resources

Decision making factors for migrating SSAS from Azure VM to Azure Analysis Services

Recently we have upgraded our SSAS resources. Currently our SSAS is on Azure VM costing us based on this VM type 'Standard E32-8s_v3'.

I am looking for a way to save more cost by selecting a better option.

What can be a good option to save cost and at the same time have better efficiency.

what factors/ differences can be considered if we go to Azure analysis services instead of SSAS on Azure VM.

Our SQL server is also on Azure VM.

We have our reports on Power BI report server and SSRS.

Data is coming from different resources like SAP, external parties etc using SSIS.

Can you please Advice/ Suggest a better options for our data architecture.

Thank you.

Sumayya Sayed, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Deploy Secfurity baselines profiles from Intune to Azure VM resources

1. Deploy Secfurity baselines profiles from Intune to Azure VM resources - Similar Threads - Deploy Secfurity baselines

2. Deploy Secfurity baselines profiles from Intune to Azure VM resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deploy Secfurity baselines profiles from Intune to Azure VM resources: Hi I would like to deploy some Security baselines to Servers in our Azure enviroments. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deploy-secfurity-baselines-profiles-from-intune-to/e651ef6a-44ff-40e2-81ac-5904a6d435cf
  3. azure vm for testing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    azure vm for testing: Hello,I have azure pass and I am able to create azure VM. I am thinking to use it as a sandbox for malware analysis and also logs analysis.When I am done i am going to remove it and create it again. Is this legal i don't want to be banned for my azure subscription?many thanks...
  4. Azure VM export

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure VM export: Hi Alli have two tenants in Azure, There is no connectivity from Tenant 1 to Tenant 2. i have VM provisioned in Azure Tenant1. The VM is joined to the domain. I want to export this VM from Tenant1 and import it in Tenant2.The user in Tenant 2 should be able to login using...
  5. Azure VM export

Azure VM export: Hi Alli have two tenants in Azure, There is no connectivity from Tenant 1 to Tenant 2. i have VM provisioned in Azure Tenant1. The VM is joined to the domain. I want to export this VM from Tenant1 and import it in Tenant2.The user in Tenant 2 should be able to login using...
  6. Azure VM not Connecting .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure VM not Connecting .: Ok so recently , i Activated my Azure Trial subscription , i Created a VM but A few problems came up , i solved them all but now i have a Major Problem . Everytime i start The connection RDP Protocol It asks for credential , I entered my email credentials , VM Admin...
  7. Azure VM not Connecting .

Azure VM not Connecting .: Ok so recently , i Activated my Azure Trial subscription , i Created a VM but A few problems came up , i solved them all but now i have a Major Problem . Everytime i start The connection RDP Protocol It asks for credential , I entered my email credentials , VM Admin...
  8. Azure VM not Connecting .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Azure Deployment

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Azure Deployment: Azure deployment from eclipse using maven command "azure-functions:deploy" fails with error "Failed to execute goal com.microsoft.azure:azure-functions-maven-plugin:1.12.0:deploy default-cli on project azProject: Max retries 3 times exceeded.".Randomly deployment success...
  10. Moving SharePoint From VM to Azure

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Moving SharePoint From VM to Azure: Hi, We have SharePoint site set up on two servers serving as App, Web and SQL servers on a VM. Are there any issues when moving to the Azure Environment? Do we have to reinstall the App and web server? Any issues with security accounts? Thanks...