Windows 10: Deploying Win10 fails using MDT Thumb Drive since changing to GPT

Discus and support Deploying Win10 fails using MDT Thumb Drive since changing to GPT in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Guru's, A MDT Thumb Drive, formatted with GPT, imaging a P15 or a P51, blue screens after the computer reboots the first time. The PC is set to boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jonkeo, Jun 30, 2021.

1. jonkeo Win User

Deploying Win10 fails using MDT Thumb Drive since changing to GPT

Hi Guru's, A MDT Thumb Drive, formatted with GPT, imaging a P15 or a P51, blue screens after the computer reboots the first time. The PC is set to boot using UEFI. This thumb drive (and others made the same way) works fine on T490 and T14s. I've tried the DISKPART steps with CLEAN, SELECT PART 1 etc. Thoughts? Thank you for reading.

:)

jonkeo, Jun 30, 2021
  2. iamjamal Win User

MDT is not deploying drivers

Hello everyone,

I wish you a happy new year and the best of health.

at work, MDT deploys 1 window 10 pro image to all models of computers. I do that by in task seq. I disabled the default inject driver step and add my custom task step. then named it DriverGroup001 and entered the value of "Windows 10 x64\%make%\%model%". before you ask, yes I have the driver saved under make and model folders.

this should install/inject driver depending on the computer make and model right? Instead, it is not doing anything when the time comes to install drivers.

I created another task seq and used a selection profile to choose a specific driver. this works. I do not want to create a task for each model because we have too many.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't find any logs about driver recognition and deploy tasks.
    I have all logs saved on the server. but I can't find any record that indicates something went wrong.

Does anybody know how to put some sort of try-catch method? maybe show the model on the deployment wizard. this way, I would know MDT is recognizing the pc hardware. ??

thanks again all.

iamjamal, Jun 30, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    MDT install application with the credentials for connecting to network shares

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query regarding Microsoft Development Kit.

However, we do have a dedicated forum for issues related to Microsoft Development Kit, let me point you in the right direction. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have support professionals with expertise on Microsoft Development
    Kit to assist you with the appropriate details.

Below are few articles that might be helpful for you:

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Deploying Win10 fails using MDT Thumb Drive since changing to GPT

MDT Fails when deploying 1803 and 1809

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to ask for your assistance:

- I have a Windows Server 2012 R2. 1809 ADK, MDT 6.3.8456.1000, DISM 10.0.17763.1 + WinPE 1809 installed.

- Deploying Windows 10 1703 is always succeed.

- I have an alternate DeplymentShare on the same server and 1803 deployment is succeed.

- Reference Image .wim file caputed with DISM 10.0.17763.1.

- But with the main DeploymentShare I am unable to deploy the OS. I receive the following error after extracting .wim (100%):

LTIApply.log

Error: 50 DISM does not support servicing a Windows Vista RTM or earlier operating system.

If the operating system us supported chech that SSShim.DLL is present.

Did any of you run into this issue?

Thank you in advance!

AttilaBobek, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

Deploying Win10 fails using MDT Thumb Drive since changing to GPT

1. Deploying Win10 fails using MDT Thumb Drive since changing to GPT - Similar Threads - Deploying Win10 fails

2. C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...: I have an HP ProDesk 600G1 TW. The Win 10 64bit I purchased was the Pro version which I selected for the reinstall. The reinstall went fine until I declined the 365 trial and went to the next page.I could not go any further without a CC.Any ideas?Thanks....
  3. C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...: I have an HP ProDesk 600G1 TW. The Win 10 64bit I purchased was the Pro version which I selected for the reinstall. The reinstall went fine until I declined the 365 trial and went to the next page.I could not go any further without a CC.Any ideas?Thanks....
  4. C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. MDT is not deploying drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MDT is not deploying drivers: Hello everyone, I wish you a happy new year and the best of health. at work, MDT deploys 1 window 10 pro image to all models of computers. I do that by in task seq. I disabled the default inject driver step and add my custom task step. then named it DriverGroup001 and...
  6. MDT 2013 Deployment

MDT 2013 Deployment: we distribution OS of Chinese and Korean by MDT 2013 deployment, so I want to manually set language and time , but unable to activated when I was changed MDT Rules as the following, what should i do [Settings] Priority=Default Properties=MyCustomProperty [Default] :...
  7. MDT Fails when deploying 1803 and 1809

MDT Fails when deploying 1803 and 1809: Dear Colleagues, I would like to ask for your assistance: - I have a Windows Server 2012 R2. 1809 ADK, MDT 6.3.8456.1000, DISM 10.0.17763.1 + WinPE 1809 installed. - Deploying Windows 10 1703 is always succeed. - I have an alternate DeplymentShare on the same server and...
  8. unable to login after a win10 1803 MDT/WDS deployment

unable to login after a win10 1803 MDT/WDS deployment: I was able to create and deploy a win10 1803 image containing a number of software packages, the deployment ends with no errors, it joins a domain. Everything worked fine with the first set of computers. However it is not working right for some other computers which have...
  9. Deploying Windows 10 using MDT and a OEM key?

Deploying Windows 10 using MDT and a OEM key?: Hi, First off, I will apologize for the complicated nature of this thread. I have several machines that have OEM licenses of Windows 8.1 Pro. What I would like to do is do the following: 1. Install Windows 8.1 Pro onto them. 2. For each machine, I will need to...
  10. Deploying Win10 Ent x64 w/ SCCM2012R2, no MDT - StartMenu broken

Deploying Win10 Ent x64 w/ SCCM2012R2, no MDT - StartMenu broken: Good afternoon, I am trying to deploy Windows 10 Enterprise x64 to a test laptop of mine at work and I'm coming across some issues after doing the following steps to deploy: create a new HyperV VM using win10 ent x64 media create a generic local account without a...