Windows 10: Deployment errors deploying UWP to Microsoft Windows Emulators

Discus and support Deployment errors deploying UWP to Microsoft Windows Emulators in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The UWP can be deployed to the Local Machine; the Simulator and the device Lumia 950. The Hyper-V shows that the emulators are running. But it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mysorian, Jan 6, 2018.

1. mysorian Win User

Deployment errors deploying UWP to Microsoft Windows Emulators

The UWP can be deployed to the Local Machine; the Simulator and the device Lumia 950.

The Hyper-V shows that the emulators are running. But it cannot be deployed to the emulators. Here are the error messages from two different version of emulators:

Deployment errors deploying UWP to Microsoft Windows Emulators [​IMG]

:)

mysorian, Jan 6, 2018

2. homescreen sample

If you want to run applications on your windows mobile phone that you have developed, to include the sample apps in the SDK, I would suggest that you use the emulator. This happens by default when you do a build and run and then you are prompted to select
    an emulation mode. If you want to deploy the application to your actual device then you need to package your application into a .CAB file for deployment. I have written and developed a video tutorial of how to do this on my blog at this address:

http://techtips.timlaytonllc.com/2009/04/how-to-deploy-windows-mobile.html

mblcomputing, Jan 6, 2018
  3. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Jan 6, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Most probably you have selected wrong solution platform. For Windows Mobile emulators it should be x86, not x64.

Kari, Jan 6, 2018
  5. mysorian Win User
    I tried the x86 option as well since the error messages I posted indicated me in that direction. But I faced this new error.
    'MainPage' does not contain a definition for 'Test' and no extension method 'Test' accepting a first argument of type 'MainPage' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I do not have a button named 'Test' and I am not sure where it is coming from. The code shows clearly the following:
    Fragment of code:
    switch(connectionId)
    {
    case 1:
    {
    this.Test = (global::Windows.UI.Xaml.Controls.Button)(target);
    }
    break;
    default:
    break;
    }
    this._contentLoaded = true;
    Somehow the code is not picking up the name of the button correctly. It should have been 'ClickMe'. I still wonder that the other deployments did not flag this error.

mysorian, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Deployment errors deploying UWP to Microsoft Windows Emulators - Similar Threads - Deployment errors deploying

2. Deploy windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deploy windows: How do I deploy windows 10 enterprise using light/zero touch to 125 systems i want to upgrade which are running Windows 7 Enterprise, running Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8.1 Professional ? I,ve got 25 systems that are not operational yet and I would be performing clean...
  3. Deploy windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deploy windows: How do I deploy windows 10 enterprise using light/zero touch to 125 systems i want to upgrade which are running Windows 7 Enterprise, running Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8.1 Professional ? I,ve got 25 systems that are not operational yet and I would be performing clean...
  4. Deploy windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows deployment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows deployment: We're a computer retailer and would like to find out if we can preinstall OS to customer's new computer without selling the OS itself so just the hardware. I've tried to find any official statements but not much luck at all, any guidance will be appreciated thanks in advance....
  6. Windows deployment

Windows deployment: We're a computer retailer and would like to find out if we can preinstall OS to customer's new computer without selling the OS itself so just the hardware. I've tried to find any official statements but not much luck at all, any guidance will be appreciated thanks in advance....
  7. BitLocker Deployment

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Deployment: Hi,What is the easiest way to deploy BitLocker to multiple PCs. I don't have SCCM or other central management system. But I don't want to have to go to every workstation about 300 and manually turn on BitLocker.Thanks,Scott...
  8. Deploying Microsoft Edge

Deploying Microsoft Edge: I have two questions about deploying Microsoft Edge, now that it's an additional download and no longer built into the operating system. 1. how should my organization deploy Edge if we don't have SCCM? Are there any options other than SCCM or a third-party solution? Does...
  9. Windows Deployment Service to Deploy Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Deployment Service to Deploy Bitlocker: Hello I'm using WDS Version: 6.2.9200.16384 in a 2016 domain. I would like to deploy Windows 10 with Bit locker enabled. I've read some long complicated articles about the subject and was wondering if somebody had a simpler way? I understand TPM must be enabled. So, it...
  10. Microsoft Deployment Toolkit - Easy and Fast Windows Deployment

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Microsoft Deployment Toolkit - Easy and Fast Windows Deployment: How to: Microsoft Deployment Toolkit - Easy and Fast Windows Deployment [img] Information Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) is a powerful tool to manage Windows deployment. Although intended for corporate use, it can also make administrating a small home network easy. If...