Windows 10: Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool error 0x800f081f

Discus and support Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool error 0x800f081f in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth 3 times; always the same answer Error 0X800f081f. When I ran sfc /scannow and it found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KCav45, Jan 4, 2021.

1. KCav45 Win User

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool error 0x800f081f

I have run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth 3 times; always the same answer Error 0X800f081f. When I ran sfc /scannow and it found corrupt files and was unable to fix them.

I have run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Startcomponentcleanup the operation completed successfully. When I ran Chkdsk/f it found no errors.

I have a USB drive that boots Windows 10 PE are there utility programs I can put on the drive that would correct the cause of DISM to report error 0x800f081f ?

What should I do? DISM reports. "The source files could not be found. Use the source option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying the source location see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=243077 " The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.logs

:)

KCav45, Jan 4, 2021
  2. KCav45 Win User

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Error

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool error 0x800f081f [​IMG]

After Updating and cleaning the system I ran Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool and it reported an error. Log file attached. What should I do to correct the error?

Log file attached.

KCav45, Jan 4, 2021
  3. What is Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool?

Hi,

What is Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool? I never heard of this tool. I ran this after running sfc /scannow, which showed corrupted files. Then, running sfc /scannow again cleared the corrupted files.

Is there a list of repair tools available from Microsoft?

Thank you,

Joe

jdelaney77, Jan 4, 2021
  4. davidhk Win User

Error 0x800f081f in Win 10

In case you have any doubt, here is the article issued by Microsoft..................

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gwt/10164

direct copy from the article...................... ( this method is applicable to Windows 10 )

Solution for error 0x800f081f for Windows 8.1 or Windows 8

If you receive Windows Update error 0x800f081f, it means that Windows Update cannot determine the cryptographic service provider, or a file that Windows Update requires (named catalog store) is corrupted.
    To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
    Step 1: Use System File Checker to repair damaged Windows files
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair damaged Windows files, and then run Windows Update again. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open an elevated command prompt.
    • Run the following command:
      sfc /scannow
    • Try to install update again.
    For more information about the System File Checker tool, view Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files.
    Step 2: Run the DISM tool
    If the problem continues, use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool to fix Windows corruption errors. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open an elevated command prompt.
    • Run the following command: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.
    Important When you use the /online option, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions. However, if Windows Update service is broken, don’t use the /online option. Instead, use a running Windows installation as the repair source, or use a Windows side-by-side folder from a network share or from a removable media, such as the Windows DVD, as the source of the files. To do this, run the following command instead:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess
    Note Replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows placeholder with the location of your repair source. For more information about using the DISM tool to repair Windows, reference Repair a Windows Image.
    To learn more about this tool, go to Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool.

davidhk, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool error 0x800f081f - Similar Threads - Deployment Image Servicing

2. microsoft deployment tool MDT capture image error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft deployment tool MDT capture image error: PASTEBIN2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info SYSPRP ============================== - Pastebin.com2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info SYSPRP ======================================================== 2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info SYSPRP === Beginning of a new sysprep run === 2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info...
  3. microsoft deployment tool MDT capture image error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft deployment tool MDT capture image error: PASTEBIN2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info SYSPRP ============================== - Pastebin.com2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info SYSPRP ======================================================== 2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info SYSPRP === Beginning of a new sysprep run === 2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info...
  4. microsoft deployment tool MDT capture image error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deployment Image Service and Management Tool - message: "error 5, access denied"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deployment Image Service and Management Tool - message: "error 5, access denied": Please support: I am attempting to use the DISM tool prior to using the system file checker tool SFC.exe, since I have corrupted files to repair. The issue is that the windows start icon and search box are not working. When I run the DISM tool at the command prompt with...
  6. Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Error: [img] After Updating and cleaning the system I ran Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool and it reported an error. Log file attached. What should I do to correct the error? Log file attached. 167738
  7. Question about System File Checker SFC and Deployment Image Servicing Management DISM on...

Question about System File Checker SFC and Deployment Image Servicing Management DISM on...: Hi, I have a question about System File Checker SFC and Deployment Image Servicing Management DISM on Windows 10. I have recently wiped my computer clean which included securely erasing both of my internal hard drive discs HDDs and solid state drive SSD and reinstalling...
  8. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Error: 0x800f081f

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Error: 0x800f081f: Hi, Was trying to update windows 10 manually and it failed with this error : `Windows 10 Insider Preview 18950.1000 (rs_prerelease) - Error 0x800f0900` . I checked sfc /scannow and it tells me it found some corruption etc but it could not repair. I tried to run DISM...
  9. What is Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool?: Hi, What is Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool? I never heard of this tool. I ran this after running sfc /scannow, which showed corrupted files. Then, running sfc /scannow again cleared the corrupted files. Is there a list of repair tools available from...
  10. Error 0x800f081f when using DISM tool

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error 0x800f081f when using DISM tool: Hello, Windows 10 power user here. I've been viewing help topics here for some time and found this forum very useful. However, there is one problem that I can't seem to solve. Whenever I use the DISM tool to repair Windows 10, I get the error "0x800f081f - The source...
Tags: