Windows 10: Deprecating Legacy TLS Versions in Google Chrome

Discus and support Deprecating Legacy TLS Versions in Google Chrome in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Last October we announced our plans to remove support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Chrome 81. In this post we’re announcing a pre-removal phase in which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Deprecating Legacy TLS Versions in Google Chrome

Source: Chromium Blog: Chrome UI for Deprecating Legacy TLS Versions

:)

Brink, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 1, 2019
  4. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Deprecating Legacy TLS Versions in Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Deprecating Legacy TLS

2. Deprecation of legacy Microsoft LAPS product

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deprecation of legacy Microsoft LAPS product: Hi all,My environment : Windows domain , domain controllers : windows server 2016 standard , forest/doman function level 2008 R2 , legacy Microsoft LAPS installed and working.I have read https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/identity/laps/laps-overviewAs of October...
  3. Deprecation of legacy Microsoft LAPS product

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deprecation of legacy Microsoft LAPS product: Hi all,My environment : Windows domain , domain controllers : windows server 2016 standard , forest/doman function level 2008 R2 , legacy Microsoft LAPS installed and working.I have read https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/identity/laps/laps-overviewAs of October...
  4. Google Chrome (currently version 88)

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome (currently version 88): Hello. I'm not sure if Google implemented this feature in a recent previous version (such as version 87), but I know that this is a feature in version 88 of Google Chrome. The worst idea that Google (no offence to them) has ever implemented in their technology. It's called:...
  5. Google Chrome (currently version 88)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome (currently version 88): Hello. I'm not sure if Google implemented this feature in a recent previous version (such as version 87), but I know that this is a feature in version 88 of Google Chrome. The worst idea that Google (no offence to them) has ever implemented in their technology. It's called:...
  6. How to enable TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 in Chrome?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to enable TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 in Chrome?: Hi, I keep getting an error message from my provider's website to enable TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 so I can check my health record. I tried all available options that were found in your get help section and from google. However, I was able to enable it in internet explorer, I...
  7. Microsoft and DigiCert to begin deprecating Symantec TLS certificates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft and DigiCert to begin deprecating Symantec TLS certificates: Starting in September 2018, Microsoft began deprecating the SSL/TLS capability of Symantec root certificates due to compliance issues. Google, Mozilla, and Apple have also announced deprecation plans related to Symantec SSL/TLS certificates. Symantec cryptographic...
  8. Google Chrome SWReporter Is Back In Version 68.0.3440.106

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome SWReporter Is Back In Version 68.0.3440.106: For months now I have stopped Google Chrome from phoning home with its SWReporter tool. This tool supposedly scans your system for "malware" or really anything that will "affect Google Chrome's operation". Well at least that is the explanation given by Google and besides it...
  9. Current Version of Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Current Version of Google Chrome: Hi! I am running Google Chrome Stable version in windows 10...I just realized i haven't gotten any updates in quite some time...every time i hit the "about google chrome" section in the settings which triggers the checker to see if there is a new version, it says it is up to...
  10. Deprecation of SHA-1 for SSL/TLS Certificates in Microsoft Edge & IE11

in Windows 10 News
    Deprecation of SHA-1 for SSL/TLS Certificates in Microsoft Edge & IE11: Microsoft Security Advisory 4010323 Deprecation of SHA-1 for SSL/TLS Certificates in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 Published: May 9, 2017 Version: 1.0 Executive Summary Beginning May 9, 2017, Microsoft released updates to Microsoft Edge and Internet...