Windows 10: DError ID 15 Dta Encryption not being used

Discus and support DError ID 15 Dta Encryption not being used in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Log Name: SystemSource: TPMDate: 4/28/2020 2:12:08 PMEvent ID: 15Task Category: NoneLevel: ErrorKeywords: User: SYSTEMComputer: KCAV-NB7Description:The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KCav45, Apr 28, 2020.

1. KCav45 Win User

DError ID 15 Dta Encryption not being used

Log Name: SystemSource: TPMDate: 4/28/2020 2:12:08 PMEvent ID: 15Task Category: NoneLevel: ErrorKeywords: User: SYSTEMComputer: KCAV-NB7Description:The device driver for the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) encountered a non-recoverable error in the TPM hardware, which prevents TPM services (such as data encryption) from being used. For further help, please contact the computer manufacturer.Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="TPM" Guid="{1b6b0772-251b-4d42-917d-faca166bc059}" /> <EventID>15</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-04-28T18:12:08.558082200Z" /> <EventRecordID>31712</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="500" /> <Channel>System</Channel> <Computer>KCAV-NB7</Computer> <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" /> </System> <EventData> <Data Name="locationCode">0x2c000250</Data> <Data Name="Data">4000</Data> </EventData></Event>

:)

KCav45, Apr 28, 2020

2. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Encryption

Hello Miriam,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your devices page says it is not encrypted when you've turn on encryption, kindly answer these questions:

• Does this happen before you encrypt the device?
    • Which Windows version currently running on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for update.

Gerald Mal, Apr 28, 2020
  4. DError ID 15 Dta Encryption not being used

Windows XP file encryption

My suggestion to you is to look into what kind of encryption the program used, and look for a way to break that type of encryption. Sorry I can't say a specific program for sure.

Hybrid_theory, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

DError ID 15 Dta Encryption not being used

1. DError ID 15 Dta Encryption not being used - Similar Threads - DError Dta Encryption

2. Bitlocker encryption id

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encryption id: How can I access my windows operating system and find my bitlocker recovery key with a recovery id https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-encryption-id/7a1c6792-82e0-48f8-9199-c7ad8bf82177
  3. Bitlocker encryption id

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker encryption id: How can I access my windows operating system and find my bitlocker recovery key with a recovery id https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-encryption-id/7a1c6792-82e0-48f8-9199-c7ad8bf82177
  4. Encrypted using bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypted using bitlocker: My servers were attacked by an attacker and the attacker has encrypted all of my VMs using Bitlocker. The attacker is asking for a payment of 1btc for the decryption key. Is there a way that Microsoft can help me decrypt my data? Otherwise, I would have no choice but to pay...
  5. Encrypted using bitlocker

Encrypted using bitlocker: My servers were attacked by an attacker and the attacker has encrypted all of my VMs using Bitlocker. The attacker is asking for a payment of 1btc for the decryption key. Is there a way that Microsoft can help me decrypt my data? Otherwise, I would have no choice but to pay...
  6. Encrypted using bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Constant BSOD - TPM Error Event ID 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD - TPM Error Event ID 15: Nearly everyday for the past couple of months, I have experienced multiple blue screens. The error code that shows on the BSOD changes every time, some times its IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, sometimes its SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, etc. However, event viewer shows me a TPM error...
  8. Constant BSOD - TPM Error Event ID 15

Constant BSOD - TPM Error Event ID 15: Nearly everyday for the past couple of months, I have experienced multiple blue screens. The error code that shows on the BSOD changes every time, some times its IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, sometimes its SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, etc. However, event viewer shows me a TPM error...
  9. Constant BSOD - TPM Error Event ID 15

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Event Viewer Error -TPM -Event ID 15

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event Viewer Error -TPM -Event ID 15: So this error continuously pop up in my event viewer. Description - General - The device driver for the Trusted Platform Module TPM encountered a non-recoverable error in the TPM hardware, which prevents TPM services such as data encryption from being used. For further...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. TPMDAE