Windows 10: Desctop and taskbar

Discus and support Desctop and taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can hover over an i con on my task bar and it shows a preview but when i try clicking the icon it dosnt appear on my desktop computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by adehalo99, Apr 27, 2019.

1. adehalo99 Win User

Desctop and taskbar

I can hover over an i con on my task bar and it shows a preview but when i try clicking the icon it dosnt appear on my desktop computer

:)

adehalo99, Apr 27, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 27, 2019
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Desctop and taskbar

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Desctop and taskbar

1. Desctop and taskbar - Similar Threads - Desctop taskbar

2. all network, airplane and bluetooth icons are missing on my taskbar menu windows 11 also my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all network, airplane and bluetooth icons are missing on my taskbar menu windows 11 also my...: One day I opened desktop to see that all some of the icons are missing when I click the bottom right corner of my taskbar with the ethernet and sound iconsMy network controller shows an error code of 28 and my bluetooth adapter shows an error code of 43, I have no access to...
  3. all network, airplane and bluetooth icons are missing on my taskbar menu windows 11 also my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all network, airplane and bluetooth icons are missing on my taskbar menu windows 11 also my...: One day I opened desktop to see that all some of the icons are missing when I click the bottom right corner of my taskbar with the ethernet and sound iconsMy network controller shows an error code of 28 and my bluetooth adapter shows an error code of 43, I have no access to...
  4. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: In my pc start button , taskbar and any deafult apps are not working. whenever i tried to open settings or any default apps it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  5. D:\Desctop is unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D:\Desctop is unavailable: Good afternoon!I have the following problem:I have a laptopDevice name LAPTOP-REQ9C9O8 Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600H with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.3 GB usable Device ID 013B1A08-FA3F-4A1A-A598-005B3A097812 Product ID 00342-21928-10328-AAOEM System type...
  6. D:\Desctop is unavailable

D:\Desctop is unavailable: Good afternoon!I have the following problem:I have a laptopDevice name LAPTOP-REQ9C9O8 Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600H with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.3 GB usable Device ID 013B1A08-FA3F-4A1A-A598-005B3A097812 Product ID 00342-21928-10328-AAOEM System type...
  7. Desctop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desctop: ver 2004 OS Build 19041.450 Cant click on desktop items unless i perform winkey + D for accessing the desktop. Feels like an invisible layer over the desktop. I had some occurences of the same problem 4 years ago but cant tell what made it go away....
  8. telegram app on desctop

telegram app on desctop: struggling to install a program on my laptop need to add device first telegram desctop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telegram-app-on-desctop/3a5f2aa9-df1d-47d6-bac3-58a20e74763a
  9. I don't have remote desctop connection on my windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't have remote desctop connection on my windows 10 pro: Hi I have trouble with remote desktop connecton. When I try to find the "Remote desktop connecton" on start menu, this missing. Please tell me how to have this program and how to star the connecton with computers....
  10. Desctop got 2/3 of the normal size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desctop got 2/3 of the normal size: Hi, my desctop got 2/3 of the normal size on my computer and the are black spaces on each side. How can I get my desktop back to full screen size?...