Windows 10: Deselection and minimization of windows itself

Discus and support Deselection and minimization of windows itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently purchased a laptop with Windows 10 installed for some reason from the beginning of using it I realized a program deselects by itself. As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lalo, Aug 30, 2015.

1. lalo Win User

Deselection and minimization of windows itself

I recently purchased a laptop with Windows 10 installed
    for some reason from the beginning of using it I realized a program deselects by itself.
    As for example, while I'm typing something the cursor disappears and I need to reselect in order to continue typing.
    Also, it continues to minimizes the full screen game as well. Minimization occurs every 5 seconds which prevents me from playing any games.
    I ran virus and malwares scans and found nothing. it is clean.
    somebody please help me which I really need.

:)

2. Hyunjun Win User

Deselection and minimization of active windows

I'm currently having issues with Window continues to deselect and minimize the active windows by itself.

I can't write or do anything with my computer.

Checked for viruses and malwares and it is clean. I have no idea why it's doing what it is doing.

Please help. I really need it.

Hyunjun, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Deselection and minimization of active windows

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As of now, I would suggest you to start the computer in Safe Mode and check if the issue persists. If the issue does not persist in safe mode, place the computer in clean boot state and check.

Step 1: Start the computer in Safe Mode

Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words
    Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you're using.

a. When you hit the power button in Windows 10, hold down the
    Shift key when clicking the Restart button.

b. The next screen will present you with three options. Click
    Troubleshoot.

c. Next, hit
    Advanced options followed by Windows
    Startup Settings from the next screen.

d. Your PC will now be rebooted to enable the advanced parameters, which include Safe Mode as well.

Step 2: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note:
    Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Aug 30, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Return the laptop and get one that works right or make the seller fix it. Should not have problems with a new computer.

Ztruker, Aug 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Deselection and minimization of windows itself - Similar Threads - Deselection minimization itself

2. Valorant minimizing itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Valorant minimizing itself: Valorant minimizing itself and nothing can help it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/valorant-minimizing-itself/aaf6f356-41d3-4096-a2bd-290752639a3c
  3. Valorant minimizing itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Valorant minimizing itself: Valorant minimizing itself and nothing can help it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/valorant-minimizing-itself/aaf6f356-41d3-4096-a2bd-290752639a3c
  4. Active window consistently deselecting

Active window consistently deselecting: I use a Surface Pro with Windows 11 that is connected to a second monitor. Every minute or so, regardless of what I'm doing actively typing or scrolling or adjusting an excel spreadsheet, the active window deselects entirely. This is not limited to a web browser or Office...
  5. deselected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deselected files: Will we get the same zeroe defect operatkon with files and folders?So what I am talking about, moving PDF files or any relly bit kjust happens to be what I deal with a lot. What happens is if I selected ten files, to do the next one I accidentally click white space which...
  6. deselected files

deselected files: Will we get the same zeroe defect operatkon with files and folders?So what I am talking about, moving PDF files or any relly bit kjust happens to be what I deal with a lot. What happens is if I selected ten files, to do the next one I accidentally click white space which...
  7. Discord does not minimize itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord does not minimize itself?: Hey, when i want to switch to the browser in my taskbar in Windoof, the discord window is not minimized. Can someone please tell me why this is the case and how to fix it? Thanks Ps: I'm using Bandaged BD and it's been like this since today...
  8. Windows deselecting active window and reselecting it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows deselecting active window and reselecting it: This started a couple of days ago and is still happening as i type this message. I dont know what to do or how to fix it. I researched and tried some method like uninstalling my Mcafee and restarting my computer and still am having the problem. I would love it if someone...
  9. Windows Deselecting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Deselecting: When I'm using any app or window (file explorer, chrome, games, etc.) and I click in the bottom right area, it'll deselect the window so I can't interact with the app unless I reselect it by moving the entire window into the 'safe zone' and interact to reach what I want. I...
  10. deselect hotkey

in Windows 10 Support
    deselect hotkey: Ctl-A selects all. What deselects all? 77077