Windows 10: Design suggestion for check boxes and radio buttons in Windows menus

Discus and support Design suggestion for check boxes and radio buttons in Windows menus in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The design of the current checks and radio buttons in Windows menus is flawed (IMHO :), while respecting that, to some extent, what appeals to one,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AngusJohnson, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Design suggestion for check boxes and radio buttons in Windows menus

The design of the current checks and radio buttons in Windows menus is flawed (IMHO Design suggestion for check boxes and radio buttons in Windows menus :), while respecting that, to some extent, what appeals to one, won't to another.

Anyhow, In the image below, the current Windows menu design is displayed on the left.

The backgrounds of checked items being slightly darker than the focused item's background I find more distracting than helpful. I imagine this background has been added because the check and radio button graphics alone aren't sufficiently eye catching, and I would argue that that is the underlying problem. In the right image below, I'm showing an alternative design where the check and radio button graphics are bolder and don't need a background highlight.

Design suggestion for check boxes and radio buttons in Windows menus 7e614f1c-6478-4ba9-a506-35f6142225d4?upload=true.png

:)

AngusJohnson, Dec 13, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

4. jbailey8 Win User

Design suggestion for check boxes and radio buttons in Windows menus

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Design suggestion for check boxes and radio buttons in Windows menus

1. Design suggestion for check boxes and radio buttons in Windows menus - Similar Threads - Design suggestion check

2. Blutooth Radio isn’t working. Any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blutooth Radio isn’t working. Any suggestions?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BrandiBlitz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/w1rd5b/blutooth_radio_isnt_working_any_suggestions/
  3. Check Bluetooth radio status

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Check Bluetooth radio status: For the last months my PC doesn´t let me add Bluetooth devices. Whenever I troubleshoot it, it says "Check Bluetooth radio status - Not fixed" and I have reinstalled all drivers, checked for driver updates, rebooted my PC countless times and so on. So far nothing has helped...
  4. Bluetooth button disappears - troubleshooter says "Check Bluetooth Radio Status --- not fixed"

Bluetooth button disappears - troubleshooter says "Check Bluetooth Radio Status --- not fixed": I turned Bluetooth off yesterday and then the button just vanished. I have restarted the computer multiple times, my drivers are up to date, I've disabled and re-enabled them, I've uninstalled and reinstalled them, I've restarted services. I have uninstalled everything...
  5. Bluetooth Check Radio Status

Bluetooth Check Radio Status: Okay so randomly my computer likes to turn off my bluetooth and turn it back on. So I usually check the troubleshooter but this time it said Check Radio Status. I tried everything I can think of and I can't figure it out. Can someone please help me?...
  6. Bluetooth Check Radio Status Not Fixed

Bluetooth Check Radio Status Not Fixed: For some reason my bluetooth has just stopped working and I'm not sure how to fix it. I checked multiple forums and ran the troubleshooter multiple times and also restarted my computer. I reinstalled the drivers and everything too, but nothing is working and I can't find a...
  7. Check Bluetooth Radio Not Fixed!

Check Bluetooth Radio Not Fixed!: I got this problem when I tried to connect my bluetooth earphones to my laptop at first it connected to my earphones but i couldnt hear anything so i tried troubleshooting it and then after it worked out fine but then i disconnected to try it on my phone and thats when...
  8. 3D design software suggestions

3D design software suggestions: I've had no luck finding software to create 3D objects. Not for beginners, anyway. I don't want any online, because you can't save the objects. Blender is too complicated. I tried FreeCAD but there were no instructions and it froze my PC. I've been searching for one just...
  9. pages missing menus, content and check boxes on win 10 pro upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pages missing menus, content and check boxes on win 10 pro upgrade: I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro 1909 build 18363.592 and have another Win 10 laptop. In my control panel i have another search magnifier icon. In personalization in the background page when I move the slider bar down it only shows half the page. Other menu pages...
  10. Design suggestion for Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Design suggestion for Windows Update: The picture below is how I think Microsoft should redesign Windows Update. Click the picture to make it bigger--- [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/design-suggestion-for-windows-update/33ddf5c3-dbe2-4f3d-807a-8b4a90b58b42