Windows 10: Designer Bluetooth Keyboard boots partially. After 15-30 min fully.

Discus and support Designer Bluetooth Keyboard boots partially. After 15-30 min fully. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The problem appeared about three months ago.<br>The keyboard I need is for the Icelandic language. It includes dead keys for vowels: á, é, í, ó, ú, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nordel, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Nordel Win User

Designer Bluetooth Keyboard boots partially. After 15-30 min fully.

The problem appeared about three months ago.<br>The keyboard I need is for the Icelandic language. It includes dead keys for vowels: á, é, í, ó, ú, and ý.<br><br>
    I had been using the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard with no problems for about a year. The inflected vowels appeared normally. <br><br>Now, just after start-up the keyboard will not produce these vowels. Then, from 15 to 30 minutes later, the keyboard starts functioning normally. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, but no change.<br><br>
    How can I restore its full functioning from start-up?

:)

Nordel, Feb 9, 2020

2. Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect

Hi

I just bought a new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth desktop keyboard to use with my Dell XPS 15 9530.

I'm running Windows 10 and I'm able to pair the keyboard by going to settings and adding and adding a new bluetooth device. It prompts me to type in the passkey on the keyboard and press enter.

After doing so, the device is added to the device list and after (very briefly) being listed as "Connected" it switches to be listed as "Paired".

In this state, the keyboard doesn't respond to any input - even after power cycling it. The keyboard even keeps blinking in the Esc-key as if it's still ready to pair.

I've reset the Bluetooth adapter, run the troubleshooter and made sure that all of my drivers are up to date. Nothing helps.

Any good suggestions?

KesseRasmussen, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop (Keyboard) Issues

Hi,

I bought today Microsoft's Designer Bluetooth Desktop. I managed to setup and pair the keyboard and mouse with my bluetooth dongle in Windows 10 without issues. Worked a while with the keyboard and mouse, tested all the keys and everything worked as normal.

After a Windows restart the keyboard shortcuts stopped working and every time i press a shortcut key (ex.: Volume), the keyboard crashes and only starts working after i press a key 15 times. This issues happens every single time i press a shortcut key.

I uninstalled the keyboard and paired it again to my machine and it starts working again as it should. But every time i restart my machine or don't use the keyboard and mouse for a period of time it stops working again.

My Windows is updated and my system has all its drivers updated (Asus BT400 bluetooth adapter and Designer Desktop keyboard and mouse).

I found identical issues on this forum, and tried all there solutions without any good result:

At the moment i'm writing this question using the Designer Desktop keyboard with the Fn key enabled so that i don't accidentally trigger the shortcuts and freeze the keyboard.

What i would like to know is, whether or not Microsoft acknowledged this issue and is it or not working on a solution.

Looking forward for a response.

Ricky.Lopes, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Patson Go Win User

Unable to connect Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse.

Dear All,

I have just got my set of Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Designer as well.

yes indeed it can be quite tricky.....

the best option I personally recommend is :

1. Go to your device manager

2. Under Bluetooth, scroll down the list of devices present there.

3. Perform a manual driver update (right click every single device) for all items there.

4. Restart your PC.

5. Discover your Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (before the update in Step 3, I have removed all the Microsoft designer mouse and keyboard drivers / removed the devices). - this time round, it should connect.

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s on Windows 10 64 bit using the Intel Bluetooth LE generic hardware.

hope this helps folks....

Patson Go, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Designer Bluetooth Keyboard boots partially. After 15-30 min fully. - Similar Threads - Designer Bluetooth Keyboard

2. Explorer.exe always goes wonky after 15-30 mins of use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe always goes wonky after 15-30 mins of use: Having a problem where explorer.exe goes wonky 15-30mins after startup sometimes takes longer, sometimes immediately after startup. Issue results in me being unable to click on many parts of the computer start menu, apps, etc etc although clicking functionality still works on...
  3. Explorer.exe always goes wonky after 15-30 mins of use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer.exe always goes wonky after 15-30 mins of use: Having a problem where explorer.exe goes wonky 15-30mins after startup sometimes takes longer, sometimes immediately after startup. Issue results in me being unable to click on many parts of the computer start menu, apps, etc etc although clicking functionality still works on...
  4. Designer Bluetooth Keyboard not connecting to HP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Designer Bluetooth Keyboard not connecting to HP: I have recently purchased the designer Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. The mouse has connected to my HP fully updated with no difficulties however my keyboard will not connect. When asking to put in the code it will continue saying 'unable to connect try again'. *Moved from...
  5. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  6. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  7. Designer Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard

Designer Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard: My designer microsoft keyboard and mouse has been working perfectly for months. Today I moved from a hotel back to my apartment. When trying to re"pair" the devices only the mouse could be found. On the keyboard latest design there is no power button or pairing button. I have...
  8. Keyboard Partially Not Working On Boot-up

Keyboard Partially Not Working On Boot-up: Hi all. bit of an odd one here, that's really annoying me. our work putters are Surface Pros using Win 10. Since we've been homeworking, I have basically the same set-up as at work; I have a separate keyboard [my Logi K120 as opposed to work's HP one] plugged into the dock...
  9. Keyboard Partially Not Working On Boot-up

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Partially Not Working On Boot-up: Hi all. bit of an odd one here, that's really annoying me. our work putters are Surface Pros using Win 10. Since we've been homeworking, I have basically the same set-up as at work; I have a separate keyboard [my Logi K120 as opposed to work's HP one] plugged into the dock...
  10. Windows 10 freezes after 30 mins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 freezes after 30 mins: About 3 weeks ago I did a clean install of Windows 10 Home with the media installation. Everything was going well until after 2 days and about half an hour after starting up windows, windows just freezes and can't do anything on the task bar. Even hard resetting...