Windows 10: Designer Bluetooth Keyboard takes several seconds to wake up

Discus and support Designer Bluetooth Keyboard takes several seconds to wake up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If I don't use the keyboard for a while it goes to sleep and when I eventually press a button the computer freezes and after a few seconds it unfreezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tathon, Feb 1, 2021.

1. tathon Win User

Designer Bluetooth Keyboard takes several seconds to wake up

If I don't use the keyboard for a while it goes to sleep and when I eventually press a button the computer freezes and after a few seconds it unfreezes and registers the keypress. Then it works normally.

I am on Windows 10 Education 20H2 19042.746. I have turned off all power saving options in the Device manager I could find but it made no difference.

:)

tathon, Feb 1, 2021
  2. glee330 Win User

Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard Wake Up Setting

Hello Kalpana,

That didn't work for me either. I'm having the same problem even though all devices are set to "allow this device to wake the computer". I recently upgraded from a wireless MS keyboard with usb dongle. That old keyboard had no problems waking the computer.
    I believe this is related to this MS Designer keyboard and mouse being Bluetooth. Is there a setting to allow Bluetooth devices to wake the computer? Thank you!

glee330, Feb 1, 2021
  3. eschlute Win User
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard Wake Up Setting

I would like to change the settings on my Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard so that when I hit a button on the keyboard, it does not wake up my computer. How would I go about changing this setting if I have Windows 10 Pro?

Thank you!

eschlute, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard not waking PC up

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard doesn’t wake the computer from sleep or hibernate. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you able to wake the computer using any other keyboard?
    • What is the complete model number of the Microsoft keyboard?

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot problems waking computer from sleep mode.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems
    resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

You can also try running the power troubleshooter and check if that helps.
    Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security, and select
      Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, look for Power troubleshooter, click on it and select
      Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Designer Bluetooth Keyboard takes several seconds to wake up - Similar Threads - Designer Bluetooth Keyboard

2. Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard wakes up my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard wakes up my monitor: Hello,My Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard seems to wake up my monitor 1-2 times after the monitor goes to sleep. If I turn off the keyboard the monitor doesn't wake up. How to prevent this?...
  3. Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard wakes up my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard wakes up my monitor: Hello,My Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard seems to wake up my monitor 1-2 times after the monitor goes to sleep. If I turn off the keyboard the monitor doesn't wake up. How to prevent this?...
  4. Several restarts after waking up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several restarts after waking up: Hello!I've been experiencing some problems with my laptop for about a week. In the beginning it just couldn't wake up from the sleep mode: the power button was shining meaning that computer doesn't sleep, the disk lamp was off meaning that computer isn't working on some issue...
  5. Bluetooth surface keyboard freezes Windows 10 for a few seconds after it wakes up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth surface keyboard freezes Windows 10 for a few seconds after it wakes up: Keyboard: Microsoft Surface Keyboard, WS2-00025Bluetooth dongle: TP-Link UB400 4.0 Bluetooth dongleWindows 10The keyboard goes to sleep, or disconnects, or something, if I don't touch a key on it for a few minutes. This happens even when I'm using my computer actively with...
  6. Designer Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard

Designer Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard: My designer microsoft keyboard and mouse has been working perfectly for months. Today I moved from a hotel back to my apartment. When trying to re"pair" the devices only the mouse could be found. On the keyboard latest design there is no power button or pairing button. I have...
  7. Microsoft Designer Keyboard doesn't wake up

Microsoft Designer Keyboard doesn't wake up: Microsoft Designer Keyboard doesn't wake up after going into a sleep mode. It takes 30-60 s to press repeatedly any button to wake it up. The problem started after the last Win10 update. Before the update it was working fine....
  8. Bluetooth keyboard stutter when waking up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth keyboard stutter when waking up: I own the Microsoft Surface Keyboard (the bluetooth one without the cable option) and it will go into sleep mode after 2 ish minutes. However, each time I wake it up by pressing any button, Windows will stutter for 1 second and then everything is fine. I have tried to...
  9. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard not waking PC up

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard not waking PC up: I've just bought the new Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard but it is not waking the PC from sleep or hibernate mode. I've already tried to uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" from HID Device Manager and also from Bluetooth Radio. It Is just not...
  10. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard not waking PC up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard not waking PC up: I've just bought the new Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard but it is not waking the PC from sleep or hibernate mode. I've already tried to uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" from HID Device Manager and also from Bluetooth Radio. It Is just not...