Windows 10: designer keyboard can't be discovered

Discus and support designer keyboard can't be discovered in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi everyone, recently built a pc and don't have bluetooth capability on motherboard. bought 2 bluetooth dongles as i thought it was a dongle issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BloodyStool69, May 26, 2020.

1. designer keyboard can't be discovered

hi everyone,

recently built a pc and don't have bluetooth capability on motherboard. bought 2 bluetooth dongles as i thought it was a dongle issue but the keyboard doesn't appear when searching for bluetooth devices. the dongles appear to work fine as they can find my phone. things ive tried;

- different usb ports. so far i've tried plugging dongles at front slot next to power button, would it make a difference if i try usb ports at the back?

- removing the keyboard from saved bluetooth settings from my laptop. this didn't make a difference obviously. they're still discoverable and work perfectly fine on my laptop. i've also tried plugging dongle into my brother's PC and no success there

-i've also checked the dongles firmware and it's LMP 6.88 something, so it's bluetooth 4.0 supported.

i've googled and haven't found much success. any ideas?

:)

BloodyStool69, May 26, 2020
  2. bornfree Win User

Logitech Pushes the Edge with Stunning New Keyboard Design

I've used a lot of Logitech mice and keyboards over the years. I like them a lot with one exception. I totally dislike the flat key surface (like a laptop keyboard) that they insist on selling. The flat keyboard has never been as comfortable for me as the stepped keyboard design. If Logitech offered their nice keyboard designs in the standard stepped design I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

I would NOT however pay $200 for any keyboard no matter how stylish.

bornfree, May 26, 2020
  3. Patson Go Win User
    Unable to connect Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse.

Dear All,

I have just got my set of Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Designer as well.

yes indeed it can be quite tricky.....

the best option I personally recommend is :

1. Go to your device manager

2. Under Bluetooth, scroll down the list of devices present there.

3. Perform a manual driver update (right click every single device) for all items there.

4. Restart your PC.

5. Discover your Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (before the update in Step 3, I have removed all the Microsoft designer mouse and keyboard drivers / removed the devices). - this time round, it should connect.

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s on Windows 10 64 bit using the Intel Bluetooth LE generic hardware.

hope this helps folks....

Patson Go, May 26, 2020
  4. designer keyboard can't be discovered

Microsoft Designer Keyboard issues on Windows 10

Just bought the Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse today, and i'm already having the exact same issues as everyone above:

- No shortcut keys (volume, play/pause, etc..);

- Every time i press one of the shortcut keys, the keyboard constantly freezes and then displays the last 15 characters pressed;

I've done all the steps suggested and everything is still not working.

If i don't solve this issue until the end of this week i'm returning my Microsoft Designer back.

Ricky.Lopes, May 26, 2020
Thema:

designer keyboard can't be discovered

1. designer keyboard can't be discovered - Similar Threads - designer keyboard can't

2. Designer keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Designer keyboard: The Bluetooth button on the keyboard is blinking number 2 and not connecting. I have removed the batteries, disconnected and tried to re-connect and not working.. Thank you!!...
  3. Designer keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Designer keyboard: The Bluetooth button on the keyboard is blinking number 2 and not connecting. I have removed the batteries, disconnected and tried to re-connect and not working.. Thank you!!...
  4. Designer keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: Hi, I had my Designer Keyboard for not even 2 years now and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it might have something to do with the batteries, however after I switched them it still is not working.When I hold the paring key nothing happens the LED will not light up....
  6. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

Microsoft Designer Keyboard: Hi, I had my Designer Keyboard for not even 2 years now and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it might have something to do with the batteries, however after I switched them it still is not working.When I hold the paring key nothing happens the LED will not light up....
  7. Designer Compact Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Designer Compact Keyboard: Does the Designer keyboard shut down after a time or do I have to slide the switch on the back each time I stop using it for an extended period? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/designer-compact-keyboard/c7240c06-9f22-47a3-b119-93fab650818b
  8. Designer Compact Keyboard

Designer Compact Keyboard: Does the Designer keyboard shut down after a time or do I have to slide the switch on the back each time I stop using it for an extended period? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/designer-compact-keyboard/c7240c06-9f22-47a3-b119-93fab650818b
  9. Designer Compact keyboard problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Designer Compact keyboard problem: So I got my Bluetooth keyboard today and I can't connect it to my pc. I see the keyboard appear on my phone and my pc also sees my phone and all of the other Bluetooth devices I have besides the keyboardSo I got my Bluetooth keyboard today and I can't connect it to my pc. I...
  10. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: I purchased the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse and continuing to have issues with the keyboard, to the point where it shows as paired, but not connected. I continually have to switch my laptop on and off to get it to connect and have had to remove...